Are ALL tabards becoming account wide?

08/26/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Teradan
tabards tie in with reputation, and reputation is not account wide, as of yet. so no tabards for our alts, yet!

Some are from achievements, and those became account wide. I haven't heard of this happening, although I wouldn't be surprised to see them and possibly reputation (please) become account wide.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I like how a Blue posted in this thread but didn't actually answer the OP's question.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/26/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Tde
TCG tabards at the very least should be account bound.

All TCG items should be account bound. It is a bit disheartening that my Org Pinata, Goblin Gumbo, Foam Sword Rack, and D.I.S.C.O. are all only one one toon. :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/26/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Tyrathius
I like how a Blue posted in this thread but didn't actually answer the OP's question.

Support Forum Agents are now in a positions to answer questions for the Developers?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmm....If account-wide tabards makes it into the game, It'll be hard to choose a main. The Tabard of the Lightbringer is really one of the big things that keeps me tied to this paladin...(Aside from the 8 years of playing her). :(
Edited by Myrianda on 8/26/2012 10:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
08/26/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Tyrathius

I'm sorry, Tyrathius, you're right. Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question directly, as it falls outside the scope of my assistance. I can, however, direct you and the OP to this post from Ghostcrawler:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5367158

It reads:

We hope that rewards granted from achievements (pets, mounts, titles, and tabards) will be shared at the account level.

I'm not going to promise this yet, because a lot of magic has to happen for that to work, but it's our intent. We have discussed having a character level requirement for some rewards, so that your level-2 gnome couldn’t walk around with the “Defender of a Shattered World” title just because your level-90 shaman earned it. If the gnome made it to level 80, though, you could proudly show off your title. You also won’t be able to use a faction-specific pet, mount, or title on the wrong faction. The achievement wouldn’t go away -- you just wouldn’t be able to show it off on that character. There are probably additional exceptions and details we’ll find as we dig deeper into the system.

This is the kind of system that will evolve over time, and we don’t think this has to be the way achievements work forever. As beta players start experimenting with it and offering feedback, I am certain that we will end up making even more changes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would absolutely love account wide tabards....

Pay no attention to the 175K gold tabard on this toons armory
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/26/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Aeyiera

I'm sorry, Tyrathius, you're right. Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question directly, as it falls outside the scope of my assistance. I can, however, direct you and the OP to this post from Ghostcrawler:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5367158

It reads:

We hope that rewards granted from achievements (pets, mounts, titles, and tabards) will be shared at the account level.

I'm not going to promise this yet, because a lot of magic has to happen for that to work, but it's our intent. We have discussed having a character level requirement for some rewards, so that your level-2 gnome couldn’t walk around with the “Defender of a Shattered World” title just because your level-90 shaman earned it. If the gnome made it to level 80, though, you could proudly show off your title. You also won’t be able to use a faction-specific pet, mount, or title on the wrong faction. The achievement wouldn’t go away -- you just wouldn’t be able to show it off on that character. There are probably additional exceptions and details we’ll find as we dig deeper into the system.

This is the kind of system that will evolve over time, and we don’t think this has to be the way achievements work forever. As beta players start experimenting with it and offering feedback, I am certain that we will end up making even more changes.

So to the OP as the scarlet crusade tabbard is not an achievement tabbard, you did not waste your time.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
08/26/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Fìshytacos
The only thing Blizz has stated is that they are working on an alternative to the current tabard system.

^^^^That is total bs. Blizzard said we were getting a drop down menu like the achievement menu(not achievements, the title one) for tabards. This was suppose to be ingame when Burning Crusade dropped.
Edited by Barkhouse on 8/26/2012 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Congratulations.

You've managed to make the community believe that everything will be account wide

As a member of this community, I can safely say that at no point did I believe that everything will be account wide.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Congratulations.

You've managed to make the community believe that everything will be account wide

As a member of this community, I can safely say that at no point did I believe that everything will be account wide.

This. As much as I'd like it, and indeed believe that one day they WILL make them all account bound, I was never under the impression that today (Or rather, tuesday) was that day.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
tabard of the lightbringer should be account wide. People that have swapped mains since wotlk should be able to show it off. :(
Reply Quote
86 Human Hunter
One tabard I would definitely like to see become an account-level tabard would be Tabard of the Protector This tabard 100% makes me want to play Character A over Character B because it is rare to run across other players who also have this tabard. It makes my character stand out and more unique across all others.

Also it shoots a Holy Nova.

Allow me to assume this flexing position and shoot sparkles outta my chest over your dead body
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
i personally would love to see tabard become account bound instead of character bound, but yeah, anybody who actually read the post would see that they are hoping to make anything awarded by an achievement awarded to each toon that achievement is received with this patch, but that there is a lot to make sure that gets done and some specific features intended to work won't on day one.

as for lightbringer, i doubt it will be something account wide unless it's somehow for those with the feat of strength for getting the axe that kept their tabards (since it would be "linked" to that feat)
Edited by Skltnbirdcat on 8/26/2012 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
any tabard isnt account bound, rep tabards arent account bound.

tabards that are from achievements, loremaster, explorers tabards seem to be account wide, achiever? from what ive seen it isnt (25 tabard achievement) other then that the one you get for the meta for isle of conquest may be, dunno dont have that one.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
08/26/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Oogies
TCG tabards at the very least should be account bound.

All TCG items should be account bound. It is a bit disheartening that my Org Pinata, Goblin Gumbo, Foam Sword Rack, and D.I.S.C.O. are all only one one toon. :(

Yes, those should also be account bound but I was staying on topic.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
One tabard I would definitely like to see become an account-level tabard would be Tabard of the Protector This tabard 100% makes me want to play Character A over Character B because it is rare to run across other players who also have this tabard. It makes my character stand out and more unique across all others.

Also it shoots a Holy Nova.

Allow me to assume this flexing position and shoot sparkles outta my chest over your dead body

I second this notion. I no longer play the one character on my account that has this tabard and I would be eternally grateful to find this particular tabard available at the tabard vendor on my other characters. I understand that the way this works the FoS is actually for earning the tabard - which was a quest reward - and the tabard was not actually a reward for the achievement... but.. make an exception... please?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/26/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Sandse
Tabards are account wide now? When did this happen?

It did NOT happen. It will not happen next Tuesday, nor when Mists of Pandaria launches.

Will it happen sometime after that? Maybe, but there is no info on that right now.
Edited by Skarn on 8/26/2012 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]