Why Do People Hate the Forsaken?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I know, I know, "They're bloodthirsty monsters who can't control themselves and they kill everyone." But think of it from their standpoint; if you died, and were raised from the dead, and no one else accepted you, would you wander about until you got killed off by the Scarlets, or would you join the only people open to you? This is a legitimate question; I'm not trolling. What's up with all that hate?

(Fairaday, I forbid you to post here)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hated reviled and despised by everyone. The orcs had it that way when they first departed from the eastern kingdoms at the start of the third war so I felt it was rather, if not strangely, fitting that the orcs should team up with the forsaken regardless of how sincere their new "friendship" was. I suppose people hate the forsaken for the same reason they hated the orcs. They burned, pillaged and conquered or so the stereotype would have you believe. Before cataclysm their really didn't seem much reason to hate the forsaken (aside from a few some what suspicious experiments going down in the undercity). They were a lonely desperate race trying to eke out survival in a land surrounded by enemies. After cataclysm things changed, they emerged a blood thirsty race ready to show the world just what they had with the invasion of Gilneas, the conquering of the Hillsbrad Foothills, Andorhal and forays into the rest of the plaguelands and the Arathi highlands.

If I was role playing a forsaken I would have had enough of how badly treated we were by the rest of the races in Azeroth and would have stopped caring about the other races at all by the time cataclysm rolled around. Fearing and hating are sometimes two sides of the same coin and perhaps that is how many people feel about the forsaken.
Well that is my two cents what about every one else?
Reply Quote
50 Human Rogue
I'm going to go out and say it's because the Forsaken are quickly becoming the new Scourge. This is often speculated by a lot of people. The two are very similar, even though the Forsaken are quite a bit more intelligent than the scourge, numbers-wise and not leaders-wise. Like a lot of people, I don't really like them because I'm not a fan of the darker characters and such. I understand that they need to survive, thus reviving corpses to their numbers, but the fact they made a plague is disturbing, and most of the horde leaders don't like it, even though Garrosh has no room to speak any longer.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Death Knight
Req
I know, I know, "They're bloodthirsty monsters who can't control themselves and they kill everyone." But think of it from their standpoint; if you died, and were raised from the dead, and no one else accepted you, would you wander about until you got killed off by the Scarlets, or would you join the only people open to you? This is a legitimate question; I'm not trolling. What's up with all that hate?

(Fairaday, I forbid you to post here)
I think it's because some people consider the Forsaken to be unnatural since they are undead. Plus they are members of the Horde, and they have demonstrated time and again that they are pathologically evil beings.

Also good idea of posting this here instead of the lore forum. There, they would have thought you were trolling and trying to create a flame war. Thus your question would have never been answered and instead been turned into an off-topic thread, with people making fun of you when you say you actually mean it, or of other people who think you actually mean it. So good idea on your part.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
Well, a lot of people think of them as... evil. From hell. I mean, I don't think I would be accepting of zombies.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
Same with Death Knights. They were more or less... minions.. slaves of the Lich King. And the event at Wrathgate only fueled people's harted of them. Sure, we know it wasn't Sylvanas' fault, but it looks quite a lot like that. The Warchief hates them. And they are dark, lying creatures of the night who use their so called "Allies" as tools to further their nefarious plots.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Well, they're now killing people and raising them as Forsaken. That might be an issue.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
Well, they're now killing people and raising them as Forsaken. That might be an issue.
That too.
Reply Quote
62 Human Death Knight
I have never liked the zombie things, personally. It is just unnatural and revolting. Not to mention Sylvannus lies and is totally insane. Who would want to be raised into an undead monster that has only one purpose to serve, and that is as fodder for a war that never ends?

Their bodies rotting, their smelly Undercity crawling with slime, cockroaches and shambling abominations. The rest of the races have long been sickened by the thought of the dead being raised and the Forsaken are not showing us anything that is redeemable. Destroying the living to make more of their monstrosities? Descimating the land with slime and decay, raising spiders on living creatures to use as incubators? It is sickening and disgusting!

I say destroy them all and put them out of their misery!

(pay no attention to the fact this is posted on a death knight...)
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
I have never liked the zombie things, personally. It is just unnatural and revolting. Not to mention Sylvannus lies and is totally insane. Who would want to be raised into an undead monster that has only one purpose to serve, and that is as fodder for a war that never ends?

Their bodies rotting, their smelly Undercity crawling with slime, cockroaches and shambling abominations. The rest of the races have long been sickened by the thought of the dead being raised and the Forsaken are not showing us anything that is redeemable. Destroying the living to make more of their monstrosities? Descimating the land with slime and decay, raising spiders on living creatures to use as incubators? It is sickening and disgusting!

I say destroy them all and put them out of their misery!

Sylvanas, by the way. Not syvunnnus.
Personally, I disagree.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Rogue
Haterz gonna hate
Reply Quote
93 Undead Rogue
The Alliance has the only real reason to dislike them. I group the alliance fans in as well. e.g.: They kill people and raise them- they kill the people they are at war with. Alliance. I think the real issue is that they are shown to win too often for alliance fans to stomache.

They are unatural but so are the DK's so if they don't hate the DK's that probably isn't the real reason.
Reply Quote
62 Human Death Knight
Don't take it personal, man. I was kinda trying to get you to see the Alliance point of view. Lore wise most everyone hates the Scourge, except for the big daddy Arthas. So of course people are going to IC hate them. Scourge are not the same as Forsaken, I know that. But the origin of them is the same. So as far as most people inthe Alliance, it is perfectly acceptable and normal for them to hate the undead in any form.

Death Knights are only marginally accepted. They still face a social stigma that means they are not supposed to be wandering into the Cathedral. That is not saying they won't because in game people will still do it.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Rogue
Nellison makes a good point. From an alliance perspective, it's eay to see the Forsaken as being little better than the scourge. Especially since they are at war with them. Even DK's (Who I don't believe should ever havre been in the alliance for story purpose) only get a pass because each individual is personally vouched for by Tirion.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
Nellison makes a good point. From an alliance perspective, it's eay to see the Forsaken as being little better than the scourge. Especially since they are at war with them. Even DK's (Who I don't believe should ever havre been in the alliance for story purpose) only get a pass because each individual is personally vouched for by Tirion.
Reply Quote
95 Tauren Shaman
Tauren distrust the undead mostly. In my tribe, we have accepted death knights into our fold because undead or not, they are still Shu'Halo. We aren't really happy about the small band who occupy the Pools of Vision on the Bluff, but we tolerate them and have posted 2 guards outside the entrance.

Given the general way the Forsaken live and interact with others, we mostly stay clearof them.

An RP exchange between a Forsaken and myself on the long zepplin ride to Orgrimmar from Thunder Bluff many seasons ago:

"Greetings friend"
"I am not your friend, cow-man"
"Perhaps this is true, undead, but I am a bull."
"We are not the "undead", cow-man, we are The Forsaken."
"Given your attitude, it is no wonder you are."
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
Tauren distrust the undead mostly. In my tribe, we have accepted death knights into our fold because undead or not, they are still Shu'Halo. We aren't really happy about the small band who occupy the Pools of Vision on the Bluff, but we tolerate them and have posted 2 guards outside the entrance.
Which is funny, considering the Tauren invited the undead to the Horde. I feel like the Tauren would be more patient with them, but the undead wouldn't.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I always thought that the Forsaken posed some interesting situations in, say, RP.

For instance, my Mage's wife died in Dalaran, and was raised as a Scourge and later Forsaken. Part of my mage's inner struggle is his hatred for the undead (having been part of the Argent Dawn), and his love for his wife.
Edited by Grolnaar on 8/31/2012 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Forsaken RP<3<3<3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]