MoP Minimum Requirements

86 Tauren Warrior
I have been playing World of Warcraft for awhile now and am sad to see it go along the way of other games such as the failed Star Wars. Games such as those set their minimum requirements too high and because of that the average consumer could not play their product, and what happens when the average consumer can't play your product? Your membership drops and you lose money!! My current processor speed is 1.5GHz, and with this I can play Cataclysm. However I have just recently found that my processor no longer passes the minimum requirements of MoP. I have asked about this before and have been told by your Customer Support that the processing speed probably wont change and you will keep the requirements as low as possible for your members. Please make good on this promise, because I will not buy a new computer JUST to play world of warcraft. Please Blizzard, show us you care about the average consumer!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Mage
Can you post your computer specs
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Priest
System requirements has always increased with expansions.

I have asked about this before and have been told by your Customer Support that the processing speed probably wont change and you will keep the requirements as low as possible for your members. Please make good on this promise, because I will not buy a new computer JUST to play world of warcraft.

Unfortunately you spoke to a Customer Support rep who didn't have the full facts, as its not really their expertise.

Every few months, Blizzard pushes a system survey to all users, which provides them with information on all users' computers.. RAM, CPU speed, GPU, etc. The fact that they increased required CPU speed finally, means that the average user's processor has increased speeds, and Blizzard wants to make use of that average increase, to provide better graphics for users.

This is something that's already built into the patch, and is too late to cancel now.

Thats not to say you have to stop playing - you might be able to play - it may still let you with some fixes but you'll just see poor fps until/unless you upgrade your system.
Edited by Ressie on 8/27/2012 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
i am in the same boat as you killkenney im just waiting to hope and see if i can play mop. btw dont use "can i run it" it lies it says i can not run anything on my computer not even tbc or wrath of the lichking so when i tried mop got same answer
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Warrior
Okay, well lets wait and see I guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]