For all players in Blackwater Raiders

90 Blood Elf Paladin
For awhile there has been no signs of RP within the Horde. The RP on the Horde side is either completely dead or just not even noticeable to any player. The Alliance used to have many RP players but have changed realms to other RP Realms. Point is we can't really call our realm a RP Realm anymore. I believe the time is right for Blizzard to change our realm to PvE. If you agree or disagree please post in this forum I'm trying to get Blizzard to change our Realm Type.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Well honestly...who cares whether it's a normal or RP realm?
It has no effect on gameplay. BWR is actually less dead than most RP realms in truth, or at least several of them. Changing it to a Normal realm would alienate the people on BWR who do still RP.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Players have been trying to get the realm type changed for a few years now without success. I honestly don't see Blizzard changing it unless they scrap the RP designation for all realms.

I think they're probably going focus their efforts on the low pop realm issue before they tackle realm designations. Easy for us to say the reason we're low pop is because other players are scared off by the RP tag but there are plenty of low pop PvE and PvP realms in worse shape than we are.

I'm mixed on this. To some degree, I think the RP designation helps protect the "integrity" of our community because it keeps a lot of the less desirable players from coming here. It also hinders the community because there are good players who might come here otherwise but don't like the RP designation.

Leaving the realm as RP does no harm, other than discouraging players from coming here. It doesn't force players to participate in RP, it just gives us a couple of extra rules that really don't impact game play but do improve the atmosphere (at least in my opinion).

Cross realm zones start today, which means if you're outside a major city you're likely to be running to players from other RP realms. Let's see how that affects the realm environment before we go looking for changes that could leave us worse off.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
08/28/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Joynal
I'm mixed on this. To some degree, I think the RP designation helps protect the "integrity" of our community because it keeps a lot of the less desirable players from coming here. It also hinders the community because there are good players who might come here otherwise but don't like the RP designation.

Im in complete agreement here. RP servers tend to attract a more mature community while at the same time drive away more of the idiots.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmm sounds good then Joynal i'll probably give it another few months or so and see how this ends up.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
08/28/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Sorya
Im in complete agreement here. RP servers tend to attract a more mature community while at the same time drive away more of the idiots.

i would consider this significant if only server community was still a thing that existed.

edit: i do not log in enough, when did my gm change our name to "casual scum"? i told them to do that a long time ago.
Edited by Kerrath on 8/28/2012 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

edit: i do not log in enough, when did my gm change our name to "casual scum"? i told them to do that a long time ago.

I just assumed you changed guilds again. And since I just noticed it this morning, I'd say it was changed yesterday.
Edited by Joynal on 8/28/2012 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
08/28/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Kerrath
i would consider this significant if only server community was still a thing that existed.

It does in parts. And you know full well how bad some server communities are. The trade chat on other servers (PvE/PvP types) make ours look like Sesame Street.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

It does in parts. And you know full well how bad some server communities are. The trade chat on other servers (PvE/PvP types) make ours look like Sesame Street.

the trade chat on mal'ganis, widely regarded as one of the biggest cesspools of arrogant %%#%weeds, has literally NO chatting going on. All that we see are guild recruitment, item selling, and raid runs.

No chatting whatsoever.

08/28/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Joynal
I just assumed you changed guilds again. And since I just noticed it this morning, I'd say it was changed yesterday.

Nope, same guild.
Edited by Kerrath on 8/28/2012 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
My other realm is a PvE realm and every time I am there, I am miserable. I know the "community" in this game isn't what it used to be, but I still feel like the RP realms have a better community than the PvE ones. I would be really, really disappointed if they ever changed our designation. I would probably stop playing here and re-roll on a different RP server (because no way am I paying for character transfers. Blizzard is already getting enough of my money).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm fairly new to WoW; been playing for about a month. A friend invited me to this server after I'd spent a week or so on a PvE server recommended for newbs. I was excited to discover that this was an RP server, because I like to RP, but have been kind of disappointed at the lack of RPing going on. It's much better than the PvE server I was on before though, and I've enjoyed a bit of PvP action as well. I'm also liking the community overall.

I subbed a suggestion in-game that I think would help on RP servers: some kind of flag that players could toggle on/off to indicate to other players whether they are in RP mode. That way, people who don't RP can avoid those who do and vice versa, and RPers could more easily find each other.

Anyway, there aren't all that many RP servers and I'd hate to see this one change.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/04/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Qyras
I subbed a suggestion in-game that I think would help on RP servers: some kind of flag that players could toggle on/off to indicate to other players whether they are in RP mode. That way, people who don't RP can avoid those who do and vice versa, and RPers could more easily find each other.

There are a couple of addons you can get which do have this function - MyRolePlay and ... hm, I'm blanking on the other one but I think it's compatible with MRP anyway and is slightly less popular.

You can flag yourself as In Character, Out of Character, Looking for Contact, etc, as well as designate a title for yourself and write a short description of your character or backstory for people to read. These will be visible to others who have the addon and when you target someone who also has it, a little MRP indicator shows up on their nameplate.

I had to cut down on my addons a while back, but it seemed like a good amount of people on the server had it.

Blizzard often implements features in the game that are based on addons, but it seems like roleplaying isn't something they concentrate a whole lot of attention on, so you might want to check out Curse.com if you're interested in this feature.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

Blizzard often implements features in the game that are based on addons, but it seems like roleplaying isn't something they concentrate a whole lot of attention on

In addition to that, I feel like having an in-game flag system would just put a target on you for griefers. I'd like to think it would be more helpful than harmful, but I really don't know.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

Blizzard often implements features in the game that are based on addons, but it seems like roleplaying isn't something they concentrate a whole lot of attention on

In addition to that, I feel like having an in-game flag system would just put a target on you for griefers. I'd like to think it would be more helpful than harmful, but I really don't know.

I'd agree. Using the add-on specifically because you want to participate is much better than a standard in-game feature that griefers could toggle on and off at will. At least this way they have to go download the addon and how many are going to bother doing that?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
08/28/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Puré
If you agree or disagree please post in this forum I'm trying to get Blizzard to change our Realm Type.

I disagree.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
[quote="64895759586"]
There are a couple of addons you can get which do have this function - MyRolePlay and ... hm, I'm blanking on the other one but I think it's compatible with MRP anyway and is slightly less popular.

Mods? For WoW? Wow! <G> I have a lot of modding XP in the Elder Scrolls games, but I didn't know WoW had a modding community too. Awesome! And thanks for the info!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
[quote]

Griefers? Like I said, I'm kind of new here, so I'm not sure what that means.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
[quote]

trolls
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

trolls

People who will see you RPing and swoop in running around naked and yelling things like, "lol wtf ur such a noob gtfo u liek my bikini armer rouge? lolololol kek!" and then stand right on top of you and /dance.

Not that that's ever happened to me.

>.>
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 08:16 AMPosted by Yellowflower
Not that that's ever happened to me.

Name a time and place, i know a priest named Leeloosomethingorother that will make that happen....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]