Stuck at "Checking For Updates . . ."

90 Night Elf Druid
I dont know if you should delete them all. I found mine in the Program Data folder, however its only a workaround. It is not downloading any game data so I wouldn't recommend it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I'm getting this error as well. I uninstalled everything. Deleted the folder, etc. I'm still stuck at "checking for updates"

after it times out, it says it couldn't connect to the patch service, and to check my internet
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
08/28/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Guerrillero
Deleting the Battle.net Folder worked for me. Thank you!

Perfect this helped my friend's laptop finally start with the files :D
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
Can anyone help me????? my world of warcraft keeps checking for updates

really i don't know what to do :(
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
And i can't install the game?
Im stuck at Checking For Updates.. Help Please??
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Have you tried to delete the mentioned folder?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
WOOO! thanks for the hep guys ive been tryin for a month and ive tried everything but deleting the battle.net files! now i can finally get back into the game
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
How do i delete my battle.net folder?
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-battlenet-tools-folder-mac

:)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
i deleted the Bnet folder. This helped. Now i am at a loss.... it appears to be stuck on "Updating Blizzard Update Agent..." its been about about 75% ish for the past out. What should i do?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
i dont see a WoW folder i just got the downloading file and its stuck to checking update
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Death Knight
i have the same problem as forementioned, after deleting the battle.net folder i got stuck updating the blizzard agent...help
Reply Quote
88 Troll Shaman
Im on windows 8 i launch wow and its stuck on the launcher. its checking for updates. why?
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Priest
Im on windows 8 i launch wow and its stuck on the launcher. its checking for updates. why?

This is an old thread. Please do not necro threads. They're old...and dusty...and...well, they leave cobwebs all over the place. ^_^

Since you are on Windows, you should post a new thread in the Technical Support forum found here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011701/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]