5.0.4 Repair Tool and Verify Data

(Locked)

90 Troll Death Knight
I happened to notice that there is no longer a Repair Tool after updating to 5.0.4, and there is no longer a "Verify and Repair" option on the Launcher anymore.

Did this get truly removed, or did my download of the new patch mess up on something?

Reason I ask is because if I ever have an issue with the WoW client, I run the Repair Tool as a first step option, and now it is no longer available.

Any insight?
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm having the same problem finding it, it seems to be gone. Every time i log in now the screen breaks into bars and it turns into a pixel tornado for lack of better description.. tried fixing it for hours and the repair tool was my last idea.. aaaaaaaand its gone..
86 Troll Druid
I too keep getting errors and am greatly upset at the lack of a repair tool. Blizz...why you no give self repair?
90 Troll Death Knight
I think that many of the issues users are currently experiencing now could perhaps be fixed by there being a Repair Tool for them to run, but now that we don't even have that option, I wonder what Blizzard's advice for repairing game installs will be now?
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/28/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Nhuvasarim
I think that many of the issues users are currently experiencing now could perhaps be fixed by there being a Repair Tool for them to run, but now that we don't even have that option, I wonder what Blizzard's advice for repairing game installs will be now?

i agree, its the only logical step in my case. i cleared all the temporary files in my wow folder, tested and retested my graphics card as well as made sure i have at least the min requirements, removed all addons. The only thing i can think of is a corrupted file somewhere in my update.
100 Orc Death Knight
You can find the tool here:

[Removed link because this is an obsolete tool ---Jurannok]
Edited by Jurannok on 9/27/2012 9:03 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
That didn't work either : /
4 Dwarf Warrior
"The repair tool has not fixed the problem. Please reinstall WoW." Or something like that. I deleted the game and reinstalled all over again, and the tool is not there. I think Blizz took it out on purpose. Maybe it's integrated with the patcher?
74 Human Priest
Thank you
90 Troll Mage
I too am having the same issue. After the new tools were downloaded, the launcher optimized & the patch was applied the ability to validate / repair your WoW files is gone. When I turned in a GM ticket all I got was a generic response to look at possible issues related to Patching.

While there was a wealth of Information in the Tech Support Forums the bulk of it didn't apply to my situation & only dealt with current issues that Blizzard is aware of. The only thing I hadn't done was run the launcher as Admin & even after changing the settings to reflect that still no Repair Tool. Anything else I have tried hasn't resolved the problem & I still have no Repair Tool. Short of reinstalling WoW which wouldn't fix the issue how are we to repair game installs?

In all likelyhood this is a bug with the updated tools that came with the 5.04 patch. With all Blizz has to deal with bec of the 5.04 patch they probably don't realize that there's a issue with the Repair Tool being gone & haven't had a chance to address the problem yet.

I would like to think it's just a matter of time before they get around to knowing there's a problem with the Repair Tool missing. So please Blizz acknowledge the fact there's a major issue here regarding the lack of Repair Tools & let us know when it can be fixed. :)
90 Human Warrior
I was emailed a ticket response earlier today that eventually ended up saying "reinstall the game and hope that fixes your problem". But I did learn a few things from the useless email response.

1. The repair tool is now built into the launcher but they are running into problems where if the launcher fails to work correctly, so does the repair tool. Another bad idea IMHO.

2. Apparently I am not the only one that is completely at a loss of words on how bad this patch was. I had the beta client installed as well as the retail version of the game. I went to install and update the launcher, now I get nothing but crashes and problems with agent.exe.

Good times.
Yeah...I'm having a hell of a hard time with the new patch. Its been crashing constantly. At first I thought it may be my addons, but i disabled them all and I'm still having problems. I went to repair...and no repair tool. I'm considering cancelling my subscription which flipping renewed yesterday. So angry
90 Troll Death Knight
I was hoping there would be some information on this by now, either through some official post, or perhaps updated patch notes.

I wish this was addressed though for the sake of keeping everyone informed.
90 Human Paladin
My client is so glitched, looks like I'm playing in a private server.
90 Undead Hunter
Since I patched the game, I've been having a lot of "loading" troubles... the map crashes, all maps load too slow, sometime crashes, etc.... And yeah I don't have repair tool either.
90 Pandaren Warrior
No repair tool. Repair.exe download says to reinstall wow.. dont reinstall wow

Getting ERROR #134 world map errors.. super long. it wont even let me log in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/vegasama/wowerror.jpg this is an image of the error that doesnt let me log in...
My game keeps crashing whenever I try to load into Arathi Basin. This has made it IMPOSSIBLE for me to play as my rogue as the game still considers him in AB; if I try to log in on him, the game crashes. I was going to use the repair tool to hopefully fix this issue, but I guess I have to reinstall the game now instead.

There goes my night.
100 Human Paladin
No repair tool. Repair.exe download says to reinstall wow.. dont reinstall wow

Getting ERROR #134 world map errors.. super long. it wont even let me log in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/vegasama/wowerror.jpg this is an image of the error that doesnt let me log in...

um... so... what is that a image of? ;)
100 Orc Warrior
Same problem I'm having, even with a fresh install and downloading the Repair.exe twice.

Authenticates, loads world, disconnects my router.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I try to launch my game, either from the launcher or just straight itself, and the screen turns black and freezes. I ran the repair tool posted a few post up and it told me to re-install WoW. Really? Can a blue post at least say they are looking at the issues? I'm pretty unhappy at all of this mess :(
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]