5.0.4 Repair Tool and Verify Data

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Druid
I have the same problem.

Blizzard this is very simple: make avaible the download of the repair tool!
98 Human Paladin
I'm having that issue as well. It started off with only one toon. Disabled all add-ons and filed a ticket. GM moved me to a new location and said it was fixed. Logged on... not fixed. Either crashes during loading screen or right when I first log on.

NOW, it happens with my other toon. Can't use 'em either. Very upset b/c I'm stuck in paying for this service until February b/c of the "annual pass" and I can't even play.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been seeing many, many crashes this patch - most of them of the Error #134 - a problem reading the world.mpq file. I've also seen alot of screen tearing. Sometimes just logging back in resolves the issue. Other times, I can get back in, but will crash again very quickly. For some reason, it seems to happen more often in alliance zones than horde zones. For example, I crashed four times when hanging out in Ironforge and three times on alliance toon in Stormwind. I've had a large number of crashes while either at loading screens, or just after logging off a toon.

Additionally, my fps while in bg's has fallen through the floor. I get 60fps in Orgrimmar and 2fps in a bg. Not sure what's up with that - I've dropped my display settings to the lowest...
So are we going to fix this im not even able to load the game this is kinda sux
85 Human Warrior
Any word from a blue poster on this? I was ingame and entered deadwind pass, and had a really odd experience, that seemed to mess up a couple things. So I went to find the repair tool, and use it to see if I could fix this issue. I found it was gone. So anyone know anything on this?
90 Night Elf Priest
I went into the Program files and clicked on Wow-64 and it launched the game directly.
100 Night Elf Druid
I am experiencing the same problem, it's disheartening to find this thread has been here for weeks and no blue response. For me it has happened every time I take the portal from SW to Uldum, or attempt to zone in or out of either DS or FL. My character then gets stuck and I can't get past the load screen without crashing unless I log in from a different computer, move my character, then log back on from my regular computer. Extremely frustrating to say the least.
85 Night Elf Hunter
I've been dealing with a start-up issue as well as the rest of us here. Looked for the tool, but no luck since it's gone. I didn't feel like uninstalling/re-installing the entire game so I tried an alternative. When you're logged into your battle.net account on the website, click the drop down menu for Games & Codes<Download Game Clients<Full Game Client* (then select the version for the computer you use, of course). It solved my issue (and my issue exactly was whenever I opened up World of Warcraft, the log-in screen background was completely black and the background wasn't loading. I was able to see outlines of certain boxes like Cinematics, Account name, password, et cetera. My characters wouldn't load, and following would be an error that pops up.) and I'm playing the game again right now. It may need to download some core game data, so don't worry if a few minor details in the game aren't loading, it'll come back within a short amount of time. Hopefully I helped some of you guys. (By the way, I didn't uninstall World of Warcraft when I clicked on Download Full Game Client, I just downloaded the client and it opened up the WoW Launcher)
Having issues ! Launcher will not open! If the repair tool is integrated into the launcher, how the hell Im going to repair?

WE NEED A BLUE POST!! ASAP
90 Human Warrior
u can download the repair tool but says i have to install my game again :/
100 Troll Rogue
That helped a LOT! Thanks so much, maybe now my WoW graphics wont be missin up on me in-game either, cause it aint my awesome graphics card....lol.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I've been having a similar problem since 5.0.4 WoW will randomly freeze and exit on its own. Same generic answer to my ticket(which took 7 days for an answer). To those worried about loosing time that they have all ready paid for. You can contact customer service and tell them that you have to take a break for whatever reason and they will freeze your time. Then, you just call them up again when you're ready to play again and they will add the time that you were away back onto your account. I've done this a few times over the years because of work/school/vacations.
90 Tauren Druid
08/28/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Rafferthagh
"The repair tool has not fixed the problem. Please reinstall WoW." Or something like that. I deleted the game and reinstalled all over again, and the tool is not there. I think Blizz took it out on purpose. Maybe it's integrated with the patcher?

Yes it is intergrated i talked to a tech support guy today and he said it was
90 Draenei Shaman
I've been dealing with a start-up issue as well as the rest of us here. Looked for the tool, but no luck since it's gone. I didn't feel like uninstalling/re-installing the entire game so I tried an alternative. When you're logged into your battle.net account on the website, click the drop down menu for Games & Codes<Download Game Clients<Full Game Client* (then select the version for the computer you use, of course). It solved my issue (and my issue exactly was whenever I opened up World of Warcraft, the log-in screen background was completely black and the background wasn't loading. I was able to see outlines of certain boxes like Cinematics, Account name, password, et cetera. My characters wouldn't load, and following would be an error that pops up.) and I'm playing the game again right now. It may need to download some core game data, so don't worry if a few minor details in the game aren't loading, it'll come back within a short amount of time. Hopefully I helped some of you guys. (By the way, I didn't uninstall World of Warcraft when I clicked on Download Full Game Client, I just downloaded the client and it opened up the WoW Launcher)

I was having issues with the launcher as of this morning where I would have it say up to date and able to hit Play, but then instead of WoW coming up, the launcher would just reappear over and over, even when I went into WoW's main folder and tried uploading directly from wow.exe (the launcher still came up anyway!)

I just wanted to say that your suggestion worked and I was able to load WoW from the launcher that came up from the setup.exe. Thanks so much for posting this! ♥
90 Human Mage
i too have been having a major WoW problem, at first i thought i was my addons. so i removed them all and i still keep getting WoW error this program will now terminate.....it wasnt so bad the first few times a simple log back in but when i have to log back in one BG 8 times there is a huge problem. tried the WoW repair and its just not there anymore. i dont know what exactly it is but it only started after this BS patch.
90 Human Priest
same issue...I try to click log in and I get the same window again..(small start up window)
Then it show's up again...everytime I click it it just show's me same window...Fix repair tool..plz and thx!!
87 Troll Shaman
Go to My computer> make sure you can see hidden files > then click ProgramData > right click on battle.net folder and click DELETE. Also run TASK MANGER to and go to process tab make sure all wow.exe and Agent.exe processes are ended. Then try opening up WoW again.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Well I'm with you folks, my problem is logging into the game. I made a ticket earlier today
and then tried to call blizzard directly but recording said the queue was full. Then later, I
looked at my email where blizz left word saying the ticket was resolved because they said I
seem to have gotten intouch through the support line which was not true. They dismissed my
ticket, and I'm at square one. I'm disappointed how blizz is handling the problem. I to looked for a repair tool without luck there isn't one. Thanks Blizzard for the help
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]