Shared Achievements not on guild roster

90 Dwarf Paladin
it could be something they could implement at the launch of MoP since there is still time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
How about just adding another tab to the guild roster that shows total achievement score?

So you could have one tab for Achievements (Character) and another for Achievements (Account), just like how you have Guild Activity (Weekly) and Guild Activity (Total) separated. That way you can sort by whichever you prefer.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
i like that idea too Brakkis. Thank you for your input.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Please fix this... the whole point of achievements in my guild is to friendly tease each other on who is the highest and who passed who. With it not updating correctly.. people are losing steam.. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Pretty sure you cannot add someone's battletag on your friendlist without that person accepting your invite, so there goes the stalking conspiracy. And getting rid of the numbers part of the battletag would do no harm either, yet keeping the original idea alive.

Maybe a simpler fix would be to only list the character you are logged on in the guild achievement tab. And concerning offline people, could always cache the last character someone logged on to be listed in there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any blue posts on this yet?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I agree with this thread. The 13,730 total achivement points aren't reflected in the guild roster. So, essentially the account achivements don't go far enough for me. It's easy to say they don't do anything for me.... But, that would be taking it a tiny bit too far.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I agree with this. I switched mains at the beginning of Cata and my achievements haven't caught up. I would be head and shoulders above the first guy but instead it still shows me at 10th. Talk about disappointing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Bump for main swap worries in MOP. I have to be able to lord my #1-hood over my guild!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah i would like an answer to that as-well as shown my main achievement window i am sitting at 14015 but on guild roster pane it shows 13795, i will just stick with my main for doing all achievements in MoP.
Reply Quote
I suppose it may "pollute" the guild roster (say you're number 1, and have 9 alts in the guild, you'd potentially hold the numbers 1-10 positions).
Plus it'd reveal to every person in the guild who every single person's alt is, more or less; the 10 people with 10655 points are probably the same dude.. Just because I'm okay with the guild master and officers knowing who I am doesn't mean I want every raw recruit to know.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
09/05/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Cardie
I suppose it may "pollute" the guild roster (say you're number 1, and have 9 alts in the guild, you'd potentially hold the numbers 1-10 positions).
Plus it'd reveal to every person in the guild who every single person's alt is, more or less; the 10 people with 10655 points are probably the same dude.. Just because I'm okay with the guild master and officers knowing who I am doesn't mean I want every raw recruit to know.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/bladefist/bAd_Tpyists_Untied/roster?sort=achievements&dir=a

It already shows alts here with the account wide totals. So I don't even have to be in the guild to know your alts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any blues yet?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Would be seriously cool if we could get a blue post on this, at the least. I want to switch my main, but I don't want to waste my time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Blues *rarely* post in this forum. Begging for one or bumping the post isn't going to help any. If you want a response from a Blizzard employee, I suggest sending an email to customer service or if you feel like waiting a week and making everyone's queue times longer, submitting a help ticket in-game.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
yeah, i'm with everyone else in here. I just rolled this DK as my main this expansion, it will be nice if the shared achievements are reflected in the guild tab.

Can we get a blue post on this? :P
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
What they should do on the guild page is after each characters individual achievement points put the total amount of points the account has in parentheses.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Rogue
I wouldn't really expect any changes on the guild pane. There are no anonymous mechanisms to clump together all the toon's from a given account.

Sure there are. The simplest solution would be providing an account id that is the hash of the battletag. For example the api could report my account id as "fce75ade286b6edc118a412458a464db" which would allow people to link my characters together without ever exposing my battletag.

Of course this would mean alts could be linked to mains and I suspect there would be more then a little bit of outcry about that.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I'm trying to figure out what the big secret is here.
I think it comes down to this:

Bliz has people that want it both ways, some want guild to reflect account achievements.
Others want it to stay as is.

Bliz never took this into account, so they are purposely not stating their intent...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
WTB blue post
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]