Default to the 32bit client

68 Human Paladin
After updating to 5.0.4, I started experiencing lag spikes while playing. I've cleaned out my Cache, Interface and WTF directories with not much improvement. I think I've pinned it down to being the 64bit client that is causing it. When I run in the 32bit client, the game seams to run much more smoothly. Is there anyway on the Mac launcher to set the 32bit client as the default? I don't see an options button on my launcher.

My System:
Late 2008 15'' Macbook Pro
2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB at 1920x1080
128 GB SSD + 500 GB 7200rpm
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
on the Launcher /Game Preferences/Launch 32-bit client

Check that and the client will always launch the 32 bit client by default.
Reply Quote
68 Human Paladin
Thanks a lot, I've used a Mac for almost 10 years and I never once thought to look at the menu bar. Sort of embarrassing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
i cant get into that part to check what bit it is check to is there another way to check it
Reply Quote
Windows version cant find option to launch in 32 bit any help would be great!
Reply Quote
81 Dwarf Paladin
@ Mochanugget. I run the windoes version and could not find a way to fix the same problem, so now im redowloading the whole game in 32 bit, i advise you do it now before we get closer to MoP. Hope it helps as much as it can.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
09/03/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Obsidienn
@ Mochanugget. I run the windoes version and could not find a way to fix the same problem, so now im redowloading the whole game in 32 bit, i advise you do it now before we get closer to MoP. Hope it helps as much as it can.

huh? they are both in the same wow folder, you don't redownload the game in 32 bit. BOTH are included in the full download, period. you just change the setting in launcher. in windows or mac client launcher.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Doesn't seem to work any better on 32-bit for me.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
Hi all. In the first launcher top left "Game Launcher" there is a option for 32 bit. On mine its already set but still getting lag. I'm going to try the repair tool under "Help" and see how that works.
Reply Quote
I have been playing WoW on my 'dinosaur' pc for many years.
3 days ago I wasn't able to get past 'Play'. PC automatically restarts. Patch says 3D acceleration
doesn't start. Have the launcher set to 32-bit & have reinstalled and downloaded
everything that has to do with it. What changed?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello Rcyinnian,

This is the Mac Technical Support.

Best regards,
Nezan
Reply Quote
I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 w/Firefox browser.
Everything was fine 3 days ago.
I have done & redone everything short of buying a new pc, which I would
if I could afford it.
Maybe I'll just have 2 find a different game 2 play.
I'm paying 4 other people too, guess they'll have 2 find a new game 2 play also.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 w/Firefox browser.

Then you need to post in the Windows Tech Support forums :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011701/

We don't really know that much about Windows here in the Mac Tech Support forums.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks for the tips, now I'm running WoW 32bit client and works perfect on Windows 8.1 (from 40fps using 64bit client on high res to 90fps using 32bit client using the same res :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]