Subject says it all

85 Goblin Shaman
Is anyone else enjoying shammy healing after this patch as much as I am?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
they didnt fix our spread healing issues (unless u want to glyph for a ghetto rejuve) and they took away some of our mobility. So ya enjoy healing DS...

And shaman are now officially the only healer w/o a tank cooldown now that druids have ironbark X_x
Reply Quote
I'm loving it. A lot. I've got my complaints, but it's fun.

Stone Bulwark is my best buddy.
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Circinus
And shaman are now officially the only healer w/o a tank cooldown now that druids have ironbark X_x

Shaman are also the only healer with a mastery that makes their heals stronger when people are lower on health. Shaman also have the most consistently quick cast-time heals with a nice balance of instant burst healing thrown in from Riptide. It's a very comfortable playstyle that other healing classes don't quite have. Now, Druids also have Nature's Swiftness, but you've got an instant GHW on a one-minute CD as well. So you can provide the throughput when the going gets tough; don't worry too much about what you don't have. Especially since they introduced a raid-wide healing cooldown through Healing Tide Totem, be happy with what you have, because you have a lot to be happy about.

Not even really mentioning totems with serious PvP/PvE benefits like tremor totem, offensive dispels and a ranged interrupts on now a 12 second cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I am enjoying it even more after the patch. Definitely sticking with the shaman heading into Mists.

And Circinus sounds like a hater to me
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
did regular DS on my shammy. I am disappointed that chain healing has a cool down. but I like some of the totems. I feel naked without four totems. and I always forget to replace my healing totem which has a cd to. I will be relooking at the talents . however I think it is all good and once It's second nature it will be fine. I do not think our stacking strength is as strong due to the cool down on chain healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Chain Heal does not have a cooldown unless you use the glyph. Take the glyph off and you won't have a CD.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
im kind of enjoying healing but my biggest beefs with it was that loosing the perminate totems and the CD on clense
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DS caters to shaman healing since the raids stack a lot. Not such a large ratio of that in mists compared to DS but I guess you'll see that eventually.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Even then, with the spread out healing shamans are in a far better place.

Glyph of Riptide, Glyph of Chain Heal and even the new Healing Stream totem (in addition to packing TWO rather strong raid CDs if you go for them) at least gets them playing almost the same game as druids. They're still way better at stacked healing, but their spread healing toolkit is no longer completely nonexistent.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Loving my shaman more than ever.
With riptide glyhed it diversifies our healing playstyle even more.
As far as i remember shamans always been average at everything. Average raid healing, average tank healing, average mobility. Now its pretty much the same thing but average ++ at everything.
d(^^)z Taurhen's seal of approval.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
they didnt fix our spread healing issues (unless u want to glyph for a ghetto rejuve) and they took away some of our mobility. So ya enjoy healing DS...

I just healed a DS last night for my guild. Did fine, really didnt notice anything different, other than not having to Drop totems.

And like its been said, I may not have a Tank Cooldown, but my heals hit harder the less health someone has. I'll take the mastery over another Cooldown TYVM.

And healing for Shamans in Mists is different, not as much stacking as stated above, but we still dont lag behind as much as people think. Besides, Shamans have become more of utility healers IMHO. I can tank heal with an awsome mastery, or I can Glyph Riptide, keep Tidal Waves active, and heal the raid.
Edited by Shammyren on 8/31/2012 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
08/29/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Circinus

Besides impale what has hit a tank that one shots them? Tank CD's are over rated. Raid CD's are where this game is at. Now we have two.
Reply Quote
58 Human Death Knight
The subject doesn't say jack.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
08/30/2012 12:36 AMPosted by Tiriél
Chain Heal does not have a cooldown unless you use the glyph. Take the glyph off and you won't have a CD.

glyph of healing wave
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Shamans are pretty damn powerful healers from what I've seen today in my DS run. I was topping most fights today, the new cd totems are so strong, and with 3k spirit I was never going below 40%. So yeah, I am very happy with the new changes and such. I'm not just putting down totems at the start then chain heal spamming anymore, so thank you Blizzard. I do have a bit of a problem with the cap mana though, I don't feel that mana was really that broken and didn't need tampering with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/31/2012 11:48 PMPosted by Corahn

glyph of healing wave

...what about Glyph of Healing Wave? You might want to include more information.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Resto is amazing right now. Our toolkit is soooooooo NOM NOM NOM. It's never felt so complete, and we still have ascendance and level 90 talents to look forward to.

If you can't heal DS right now, well then I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you bad.

We don't need a tank CD.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/01/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Sparklefever
The subject doesn't say jack.
Seriously, am I the only one who thought this? >_>

Nope >-> would have made sense if the title and text were switched :P

ANYWAYS, I am loving healing as whole. Having fun on all of my classes and regen is not an issue on any of them :3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]