Warlock pvp still sucks

85 Human Warlock
This patch made warlocks to much easier...every time I died before I had to click on like 3 or 4 skills right when I spawned and I had to maintain 4 or 5 spells at once all while watching out for enemy attacks and preparing my high damaging spells...so glad they cleared all the clutter away from the class...

But honestly pvp still sucks. I'm having a bit better time after the patch, but all the other classes still seem crazy powerful. We can't out damage heals, we can't do HUGE damage AoE wise (though as destro there are quite a few quick AoE options)

damage is pretty good sometimes...I was afraid to use chaos bolt in pvp but I fianlly decided to try it against a player who was near impossible to kill and I took half his HP away with one shot. I was pretty happy about that.

But every other class has huge amounts of debuffs....every time I carry the flag, I get dazed and slowed and stunned etc. Fears always last like forever, though if I fear someone I'd be lucky if they even get hit by it. I'll use my class spec but then instantly go back to being slow...though every other class has SOMETHING they can use to get themselves out of sticky situations. To make it even worse they make us choose between what kinds of fears we want... We can either have a panic button that makes the enemy invincible (but unable to attack) for like 20 seconds, or a quick fear that heals us or a AoE that stuns for such a short period of time it may as well just do a tiny bit more damage instead of stun.

Melee classes there's no way to get away from.... I got away from a rogue once but got hella lucky (idk how I did it) I used conflag and walked backwards while using fel flame and incinerate when the instant cast came up and destroyed him..but every other time I try something the melee class just bounces around me...most of the time making it impossible to cast anything because one second they're in front of me and then the next they're flying 100 mph behind me going left and right while casting skills.

Rogues are insane... I saw a rogue today that could kill anyone while he was invisible. Good rogues can STILL stun you for like 20 seconds straight...every time I get sapped I just put my keyboard down and let them kill me, even if it takes a long time to kill me.

Yeah, we have CDs that make us somewhat invincible, acts like every man for himself, lets us cast without getting interrupted etc but those can only be used like once every 2-3 mins... Sucks getting jumped in pvp too because they get some decent damage off and stuns and slows before I can even get a good strategy set up.

level 90 doesn't look that much more promising either... if there's going to be class rebalances (seriously, some classes are just gods now) I hope they look into making pvp a little bit more viable.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You're kidding right? Locks suck at pvp? Have you looked at arena? Notice all the locks? I mean MLS, MLD, Shadowplay, all the top comps have locks. Portals pwn and dots rule. Then there's demo which is just god mode atm.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
08/29/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Dedtroll
You're kidding right? Locks suck at pvp? Have you looked at arena? Notice all the locks? I mean MLS, MLD, Shadowplay, all the top comps have locks. Portals pwn and dots rule. Then there's demo which is just god mode atm.

DoTs hit terribly. I had corruption on me and it was hitting me for 1k....that's god aweful...even worse than before.

I guess I should have mentioned I am using destro, but no other lock has even given me a problem....other than this one guy who was pulling random heals out of his !@#...

Every other class I have problems with, though.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Go play a mage. I can almost guarantee that you will do as bad or worse. Its not the class that's bad at PvP, its you.

Oh, wait, I see the problem now:

2 empty glyph slots
6 unenchanted items
3 empty sockets in 3 items
Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle
Enchanting: 2 unenchanted rings

In addition to using a !@#$ing gem from WotLK when you could have gotten a Cata gem with double the intellect for less gold, and you're also using an enchant from WotLK, GATHERER, which does nothing for you, and !@#$ing ASSAULT. What are you going to melee them?
Edited by Vreivai on 9/4/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
the class is broken.. look at your rating. roll a mage
Reply Quote
93 Orc Warrior
Is this some sort of joke? You're complaining about locks being so terrible in pvp yet I have got chaos bolted for 108k and 110k today. I'll post screenshots in a little bit if you don't believe me.

Out of all of the classes lock are hitting me THE hardest. And it's still not good enough for you? Like people have said previous to my post, it is not class, it has to be you.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
08/29/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Milenko
yet I have got chaos bolted for 108k and 110k today.

And what's even better is when you think you're going to survive, then another instant CB from a Dragonwrath proc hits and kills you. :P
Edited by Vreivai on 8/29/2012 10:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Is this some sort of joke? You're complaining about locks being so terrible in pvp yet I have got chaos bolted for 108k and 110k today. I'll post screenshots in a little bit if you don't believe me.

Out of all of the classes lock are hitting me THE hardest. And it's still not good enough for you? Like people have said previous to my post, it is not class, it has to be you.

Must be everyone can crazy heal then.

But it's hard to even hit people when I'm slowed 100% of the time, silenced 40% of the time, interrupted at least 10 times a match, people are dodging all around me and I have no way to stop them from attacking (especially when they're immune to fear and shadowfury)

it's like everything I do every single class has something that'll counter everything that I do.

Yeah, my gear isn't the best, but one would think that as I do get pvp, things would get BETTER, not worse. my helm is almost the best in the whole game (for pvp, I didn't want to spend almost 3k on a gem that gave me 10 more int), best cape I can get, and the best weapon combo I can get for pvp. Yet the more gear I get, the more pvp just sucks..
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
08/29/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Nïghtwïng
(especially when they're immune to fear and shadowfury)

None of those immunities are permanent, and there are only a few classes that can be immune to stuns (shadowfury) except through DR. Learn to watch for these and to take advantage of the times when they aren't active. PvPing as destruction, I could use Blood Fear, cast chaos bolt, then hit them with a shadowfury and another chaos bolt. And then you could also use Havoc to cleave CB to another target, and assuming a disc priest didn't absorb most or all of it, this will probably cause their healer to crap their pants.

It also sounds like you aren't using your portal. Start using it. The set up isn't particularly hard, with a cast time of <0.5 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
what PvP doesn't suck...often times you die...get seperated from your group....and get ganked over and over....that's what it takes to get the points....eh what'cha gonna do....."Rubber Biscuit"(Blues Brothers reference) ? :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I'm not sure you're doing it right. My pvp gear blows (no pvp attack on it, so i do no damage), but agianst a pvp geared player, I was able to keep him locked in fears and horror for quite a while. Combined with the multiple shields and damage reduction, and leap every few seconds in demon hunting form, with a portal and EMFH, and succubus whiplash, I was pretty hard to kill. If I were able to do damage, I might be pretty good in 1v1, even with my minimal skill
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Destro is good in some ways, but it sucks so much !@# when you get focused by melee you cant really do anything.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
08/29/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Vreivai
(especially when they're immune to fear and shadowfury)

None of those immunities are permanent, and there are only a few classes that can be immune to stuns (shadowfury) except through DR. Learn to watch for these and to take advantage of the times when they aren't active. PvPing as destruction, I could use Blood Fear, cast chaos bolt, then hit them with a shadowfury and another chaos bolt. And then you could also use Havoc to cleave CB to another target, and assuming a disc priest didn't absorb most or all of it, this will probably cause their healer to crap their pants.

It also sounds like you aren't using your portal. Start using it. The set up isn't particularly hard, with a cast time of <0.5 seconds.

I actually didn't realize CB was so strong.... I put on my spell power trink, and my +30% crit CD and did 133k damage to a dummy... dear god. Plus the whole bane thing (cast one spell on two people)

I didn't get blood fear, I still have regular fear because being invincible for 8 sec (rarely seems to actually make me invincible) is much more reliable than fear... fear rarely works when I try to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The only thing I'm hating on right now are Warri!@#$%s. (And Resto Shammies, but you know) Rogue tears taste very good however.

Destro is heaps of fun when you get to hard cast.. and even when you don't :P I played an AV and we got the Ally in a choke just before entering FWK (on the hill just after the building and before the gate).

A friendly mage gave me slow fall and I landed on top of the building and just spammed FnB with Immolate and Incinerate... topped damage by a good 1+ million with Immolate (DoT) doing roughly 2-3 million damage :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Hi. I am pretty lost with the new patch. I like the instant fear. Long time comming but I cant slow anyone. I lost imulate also. I always had low bg damage and had trouble defending myself but now it seems worse. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Buck
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I hate destro now. Demo is fun. Pvp is great.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
08/30/2012 04:55 AMPosted by Senorsmelly
I hate destro now. Demo is fun. Pvp is great.

Your name made me chuckle, thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I've been doing pretty good. I've been dying a lot less since the patch. Hell while I was in AB defending, a DK just turned around and went to another base when he saw me in Demon form with my 100 imps out and my extra Demon CD cause he had already seen what i did to him. Lol
But yea I've been ok, and done a decent job in stunning/silencing healers so that my group mates take them down quicker.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
ROLL DESTRO/DEMO won't regret it, soloing healers has never been easier
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]