Patch 5.0.4 and Theramore

90 Night Elf Death Knight
"The first two Scenarios (one for Horde and one for Alliance) are coming with 5.0.4, but they won’t be enabled until a few weeks before the Mists of Pandaria expansion release. Keep an eye on the front page of this blog for more info."

Quoted from: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7045643

So basically, all you're implementing on Tuesday is the pre-patch changes, but not the pre-patch world event? No offense, but WTH? I do not understand why you would do this. We're a month out of the expansion - and that "other MMO" is coming out on Tuesday...which = lots of new and different things to do (because it's a diff game, but whatevs) and you decide you're going to drop the pre-patch on the same day (no surprise there), but you then decide to not give us even a small scrap of something NEW to do?? Because, I'm sorry, but changing the way my class plays is something I don't REALLY refigure out until I'm leveling; not during pre-patch. FYI - 8/28 IS a few weeks before the expansion as the word "few" means 3-5. Just sayin.

/rant

Am I the only one that noticed?

edited for: elongation of my rant.
Edited by Nidiana on 8/24/2012 7:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
Presumably the event simply isn't ready despite their wish to release on GW2's launch day.
Reply Quote
21 Undead Warlock
I was brought up to believe the word 'few' meant 3. Does it really matter, though? There will be new stuff in the patch, it will give you some stuff to do for like, TWO weeks before it gets activated? We've been at the same patch for this long, two weeks longer won't kill us.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Mage
They already stated a long time ago that the pre-release event is going to be short.

You can thank the people that whined constantly about the length of pre-expansion events.
Reply Quote
08/24/2012 07:48 AMPosted by Pundead
We've been at the same patch for this long, two weeks longer won't kill us.

I'm dying. right now.

08/24/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Ganptrixie
You can thank the people that whined constantly about the length of pre-expansion events.

Thanks ALOT ya whiny ppl. -.-
Edited by Nidiana on 8/24/2012 7:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
"The first two Scenarios (one for Horde and one for Alliance) are coming with 5.0.4, but they won’t be enabled until a few weeks before the Mists of Pandaria expansion release. Keep an eye on the front page of this blog for more info."

Quoted from: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7045643

So basically, all you're implementing on Tuesday is the pre-patch changes, but not the pre-patch world event? No offense, but WTH? I do not understand why you would do this. We're a month out of the expansion - and that "other MMO" is coming out on Tuesday...which = lots of new and different things to do (because it's a diff game, but whatevs) and you decide you're going to drop the pre-patch on the same day (no surprise there), but you then decide to not give us even a small scrap of something NEW to do?? Because, I'm sorry, but changing the way my class plays is something I don't REALLY refigure out until I'm leveling; not during pre-patch. FYI - 8/28 IS a few weeks before the expansion as the word "few" means 3-5. Just sayin.

/rant

Am I the only one that noticed?

edited for: elongation of my rant.

We'll be providing the specific timing along with some additional information about this prior to it going live within the game. This "world event" is both a world event and not a world event. It won't be "going away" at the launch of Mists of Pandaria the same way previous events have come and gone. It's a scenario, not just a one time event.

While you may not feel there will be much for you to do prior to the release of Mists of Pandaria, I've heard many others who are looking forward to spending time learning about their class changes and trying them out in the live environment before the expansion launch. I'm sure there are other things people are still working on getting finished up before the release as well.

While you may feel disappointed at the moment, our hope is that it is very short lived. Much like how this year has flown by, I have no doubt that the launch of the expansion will be upon us before we know it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/24/2012 07:57 AMPosted by Nethaera
It won't be "going away" at the launch of Mists of Pandaria the same way previous events have come and gone. It's a scenario, not just a one time event.

I love you Neth. With this, I should get a chance to see it.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
08/24/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Karat
I love you Neth. With this, I should get a chance to see it.

Flattery isn't going to get you early access.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
Can you say whether or not there'll be anything other than the scenario for the world event, Neth? Seems kinda short for a pre-expansion event.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
While you may not feel there will be much for you to do prior to the release of Mists of Pandaria, I've heard many others who are looking forward to spending time learning about their class changes and trying them out in the live environment before the expansion launch.

I'm just bracing for the cost of my druid's glyph of the stars. I have a real bad feeling about it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/24/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Corrock
Flattery isn't going to get you early access.

I'm just glad that I won't entirely miss the event.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Neth - are pet battles being included in this patch or do we have to wait for MoP?
Reply Quote
While you may feel disappointed at the moment, our hope is that it is very short lived. Much like how this year has flown by, I have no doubt that the launch of the expansion will be upon us before we know it.

I hope so, Neth. I hope so. I guess....I'll finish leveling more alts? /sigh T.T
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior

I'm just bracing for the cost of my druid's glyph of the stars. I have a real bad feeling about it.

Why not use that instinct to level a character in inscription and make a nice bundle of gold.

Has Blizzard ever had a pre-expansion event for as long as a whole month? I think not. I've seen them all, and two weeks or so sounds about right to me.
Edited by Kaioon on 8/24/2012 8:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/24/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Shigar
Neth - are pet battles being included in this patch or do we have to wait for MoP?

They said in a previous post that pet battles won't be out until MoP release. Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT:

Found it! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6352435511?page=8#147
Edited by Nidiana on 8/24/2012 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
08/24/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Shigar

They won't be out until MoP, but they will not require MoP.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
It's a scenario, not just a one time event.

:(

I personally thought it was neat to see Stormwind undergo elemental invasions, and to have unique questlines with special rewards before an expansion's release. It's like a final thank-you gift for not unsubscribing in the dead months that come before a new expansion's release.

At least consider a small pet or tabard or something for those who complete the scenario before 9/25.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
This "world event" is both a world event and not a world event. It won't be "going away" at the launch of Mists of Pandaria the same way previous events have come and gone. It's a scenario, not just a one time event.

Do does this mean the Feat of Strength for this World-Event will be available from the time it drops and on? That kind of defeats the purpose of having one, or prehaps there just won't be one this year. :(

While you may feel disappointed at the moment, our hope is that it is very short lived.

It will be short-lived if the new world events are released quickly. Honestly, I agree 100% with the OP. From November to September without anything new, and now the Scenario is even delayed. This isn't like the Shattering where we had elemnetals attacking for a good month or two. By the 28th we will be less than a month away from launch , and we -still- won't have the new scenario out. I honestly hope there is a quest-chain that goes along with the Theramore thing or something.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

:(

I personally thought it was neat to see Stormwind undergo elemental invasions, and to have unique questlines with special rewards before an expansion's release. It's like a final thank-you gift for not unsubscribing in the dead months that come before a new expansion's release.

At least consider a small pet or tabard or something for those who complete the scenario before 9/25.

There is, I believe, a Theramore tabard (with a use action) for the Alliance and a mana bomb item for the Horde. Not sure if they'll remain or not, though.

Chalk me up as one who will miss the major questlines and fun changes. I adore the zombie event.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]