The Folder you selected cannot be used.

85 Undead Warlock
Anyone else getting this after launcher updates and ask to begin optimizing ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yes I'm getting this same problem
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
08/28/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Keladun
Yes I'm getting this same problem

glad I am not the only one =(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I just started searching for a fix, if I find anything I'll post here.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Is the folder labeled [A]? It won't let you install to A anymore. Very annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The folder you selected cannot be used. Please select a different folder.

This error generally occurs when the game is installed on a hard drive using the drive letters A:\ or B:\. Try changing the drive letter to any other letter D – Z.

So what, I'm sposed to download the client and install to a diff drive and THEN download the patch AGAIN?
Edited by Keladun on 8/28/2012 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
08/28/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Kamazhi
Is the folder labeled [A]? It won't let you install to A anymore. Very annoying.

it's in C:\Windows.old\Program Files

did a reformat with windows 7 and made a backup folder.

let me move my wow folder to C:\Program Files and see what it does.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
it worked... moveing the World of Warcraft folder to C:\Program Files from C:\Windows.old\Program Files fixed the issue. Now it's stuck at 0% let's see what it does lol.
Reply Quote
8 Night Elf Hunter

This error generally occurs when the game is installed on a hard drive using the drive letters A:\ or B:\. Try changing the drive letter to any other letter D – Z.

So what, I'm sposed to download the client and install to a diff drive and THEN download the patch AGAIN?

Confirmed, i have WoW installed on my B: drive. I simply renamed it to Z: and it made it past this error message, no need to copy files or anything of the sort for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Confirmed, i have WoW installed on my B: drive. I simply renamed it to Z: and it made it past this error message, no need to copy files or anything of the sort for me.

So for clarification, you went into disk mgmt and changed your entire drive letter to Z: ?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
Ok I had this issue for a few hours now and changing the letter of my drive fixed it. It's simple really: Start --> 'Right Click' My Computer --> Manage --> 'Double Click' Storage --> 'Double Click' Disk Management --> 'Right Click' the drive you wish to rename --> Change Drive Letter and Paths --> Change --> Select your preferred letter --> OK/Done/Confirm whatever it says, and try to install the patch again. However this may affect how some of your programs, installed to this drive, function.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes. For whatever reason the game doesnt like A: or B: Everything else seems to work and i have no idea why
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
From Microsoft website

How to change your hard drive letter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows-vista/Change-add-or-remove-a-drive-letter
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Glad I am not the only one having this problem I get to the optimization but, when I click begin that message pops up this is very annoying....Anyone know how to fix this?...If so please let me know thanks :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
That seems to be working for me so far.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well at least I'm to the 0% optimization now lol
Reply Quote
42 Night Elf Hunter
it worked for me too... moving the World of Warcraft folder to C:\Program Files from C:\Windows.old\Program Files. Thanks Voodu!!! Now we all seem to be stuck on the 0% Optimization
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Mine just went to 1%. Seems to take a bit but it is moving.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have the same problem, but my disk name is (E:), is that normal?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Not sure. I changed mine to Z and ran with it lol. seems to be working. Im at 52%.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]