Failed to read a required file...

100 Human Rogue
So after i dowloaded all the installation tools that blizzard has you install when you first open up the WoW launcher. I now am at the point where the launcher is "reconfiguring game files" and after it did that for a good 30-40 minutes i get this message.

"Failed to read a required file. Please close all other applications, temporarily disable your anti-virus software, and try again later."

Ok well i disabled all my Antivirus software (Windows Firewall, Norton's, Malewarebytes, etc.) Restarted my computer and tried it again. Still am getting the same message. I don't know what else I can do to fix this issue; anyone have any idea's?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
bump
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
bump
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
stuck at the same problem. though my wife's is doing fine i keep gettign this and can not get past it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Launch 32-bit Client
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
not running 64 bit client
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Options
Game Preferences
Launch 32-bit Client checked
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Options
Game Preferences
Launch 32-bit Client checked

impossable to do sence you can not click on options while this error is poped up and if you already clicked on it the error closses it
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
won't allow me to make any changes. go to start up and it hits "Failed to read a required file. Please close all other applications, temporarily disable your anti-virus software, and try again later." then shuts down
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Yea you cant change the prefrences like Avalon stated above. When you launch the launcher this window pops up. Then you press "OK" and then closes right away.

Can we get a blue post to help figure this out...
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
bump
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Shaman
Having the same issue. It's so frustrating!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
same issue here
Reply Quote
40 Troll Shaman
Having same problem. Blues?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
same issue for me.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Rogue
Ive gotten no where, it never even attempted to configure it just stops at initialising and give me this error :l
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
wtb blue post
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
After reading up on this i have googled and done everything from downloading the "take ownership" add on to manually trying to take ownership of the wow folder. My wow folder is "read only" and i dont think the blizzard launcher can write to it while this is a "read only' folder. If you try and go to properties and check it off it will say its changing it, but it doesnt if you go to properties again. Can we get a fix on this plz i think myself and many others have been long waiting on patch 5.0
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/28/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Crenix
wtb blue post

They seem to be actively avoiding the difficult questions currently, I suppose it's a form of customer support triage but it is very frustrating.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
iam running Win7 32bit. tried deleting the Blizzarddata file, then reloading, shutting down all background running apps, still no luck
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]