Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I'm having issues on a Mac.
When you move update file 16016 to the desktop, it just reunpacks it from the installer file...
Then it tries to initialize, lasts all of 30 seconds before stating that it failed to read a req'd file.
Deleting WTF folder really didn't change anything either...
And the only reason I'm here specifically is because my game wouldn't update to the new content (would freeze at around 7%) and I figured a fresh install would fix it. Guess not
-I fixed it!-
Some of you won't like this route, but it works.
I know some of you might be worried, that your addons won't be set up the same when you reinstall. I assure you, most of your previous macros/addon's, are redundant; because the new class/spell setup causes them to become obsolete.
Also, for anyone who hasn't played MoP yet, or the beta; your classes are quite different to play now. Expect a big change, but, it's actually quite a fun change.
Edited by Xanrael on 10/22/2012 6:51 PM PDT
78 Night Elf Rogue
Not sure if the solution has been posted yet:
(not even thinking of reading through 16 pages lol)
I just installed windows 8 from scratch and encountered the same problem when installing.
However the following worked for me:
delete the folder:
Run setup again.
Edited by Ayanui on 10/27/2012 3:24 AM PDT
90 Gnome Death Knight
Im not pc savvy, and i cant run the wow-64bit client, but when i clicked on the wow-64bit client and then clicked on the wow.exe. It ran a test to see the data requirements and everything worked find after that. good luck.
For Mac users this is how you fix it
WOOOOOOOOOOT found the problem for XP users Go to wow data folder and delete ALL of the file 16016 mpq dont remember the name but it also goes through more cache folder in the data folder delete those 1 at a time cause u cant delete all at once after that it should be good solved my problem :) also after you delete it u might have to download 1 gig but still 1 gig > 20 gigs ;)
This worked, ended up having to download all 20gb tho.
fixed mine doing this: (im on windows 7)
Go to C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.1267\Logs
(Check first if Agent.1267 is the latest number on C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\folder)
Search for a file called something along this lines:
(repair-on-demand.txt may also reveal the damaged file)
Open it a see if it says the name of the file thats causing the error, in my case it said this:
# System started at 2012-08-31 17:57:11.1930
# system: RandomNoobs-PC
17:57:25.0314 Patch Application Initialization - Failed to open archive 'W:/World of Warcraft/Data/wow-update-base-16016.MPQ'
17:57:25.0316 Updating Error: 2111
Notice the file name where it failed to open, what i did next is pretty simple, i went to that folder and renamed the file extension (you can cut it off if you want but a rename will do)
Try to re-run the launcher now.
**** all credits go to Knigthmare (Undead Priest of <AwoL> Stormscale (EU)) for the fix ****
Edited by Auctìonhouse on 2/14/2013 9:40 PM PST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.