Failed to read a required file...

87 Orc Warlock
Found this in a different thread. Worth a shot.

Current FIXES

Kill all agent.exe processes in your task manager

Delete your C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder (Vista/7) ---XP users this is in your C:\Documents and Settings\AccountName\ApplicationData

This is a Hidden Folder, so you will have to turn on "Show Hidden Files and Folders" in Windows (Folder Options in control panel - Vista/7. View/Folder Options - XP)

I just deleted mine and it forced a redownload of Agent.exe (the main launcher process)

This bug happened for both Diablo 3 and the MoP beta

After you delete this folder, Right click your launcher and RUN AS ADMIN

Uninstall the Beta!

In your WoW directory, Goto the Compatibility Tab on all the exes and Enable Run this program as admin

I've done all this already.. nothing.. in fact i don't even have an agent.exe file or folder. I have a .agent but that's in my wow folder.. haven't even found any battle.net folders on my pc which is where the agent.exe was suppose to be found at.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
it seems i have ben upgraded or down graded to an "internal error has occured please restart"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
holy !@#$ , it worked
Reply Quote
Delete your C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder (Vista/7) ---XP users this is in your C:\Documents and Settings\AccountName\ApplicationData

where you find this to delete?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've done all this already.. nothing.. in fact i don't even have an agent.exe file or folder. I have a .agent but that's in my wow folder.. haven't even found any battle.net folders on my pc which is where the agent.exe was suppose to be found at.

This is the tricky part. The part I didn't pay attention to. Depending on what OS your running, you will need to enable your hidden folders option. It's listed above. After that, you'll find ProgramData that looks a little faint. Meaning it's a hidden folder that is now being shown. Click that and follow the other steps.

To show hidden folders, follow these steps (If you're using Windows 7)

Show hidden files

Here's how to display hidden files and folders.

Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

Click the View tab.

Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Once you have done that, click Start, Computer, Local Disc (C), ProgramData. When this folder is open, you will see the three folders you need to delete. Delete them, empty trash, right click WoW and run as administrator.
Edited by Blásphëmy on 8/28/2012 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Deleted the Battle.net File in the Hidden Folder Program Data has failed to solve the issue for me. Halp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
08/28/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Synaesthesïa
Deleted the Battle.net File in the Hidden Folder Program Data has failed to solve the issue for me. Halp.

You deleted all 3 folders AND emptied your trash?
Reply Quote
08/28/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Blásphëmy

Yes, and attepted to run and administrator. Still gets stuck at 50%.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warlock
08/28/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Blásphëmy

This is the tricky part. The part I didn't pay attention to. Depending on what OS your running, you will need to enable your hidden folders option. It's listed above. After that, you'll find ProgramData that looks a little faint. Meaning it's a hidden folder that is now being shown. Click that and follow the other steps.

Show hidden files

Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

Click the View tab.

Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Once you have done that, click Start, Computer, Local Disc (C), ProgramData. When this folder is open, you will see the three folders you need to delete. Delete them, empty trash, right click WoW and run as administrator.

did this just now.. didn't help
Reply Quote
08/28/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Blásphëmy

So ive deleted 2/3 Folders that were hidden and one says i cant delete causse currently in use but im not running anything and i even closed everyhting and redeleted it and ran as admin..

:[ i hate this stupid patch
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
08/28/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Synaesthesïa

Yes, and attepted to run and administrator. Still gets stuck at 50%.

Same things for me as well.
sad warlock is sad!
Reply Quote
Most frustrating thing!

CAN WE GET A FREAKING BLUE TO HELP US!?!?!!!?!k
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
they are to busy replying to black dots and people wondering when servers wil be up
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
08/28/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Asapp
CAN WE GET A FREAKING BLUE TO HELP US!?!?!!!?!k

Not gonna happen there advoiding this issue in forums like the plague
Reply Quote
08/28/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Ddeathpally
[quote="64115172274"]CAN WE GET A FREAKING BLUE TO HELP US!?!?!!!?!k

Not gonna happen there advoiding this issue in forums like the plague[/quote

this sucks..

SAD is sad, why release a bugged patch? 1mil Pissed off gamers
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
anyone any luck yet?
Reply Quote
No
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I've done all that has been mentioned on this thread, as well as on other threads, including the troubleshooting sticky, and nothing has worked.

I also took a backuped WoW folder I had, with patch 4.3.0 installed, and tried to do a fresh install of 5.0 from there, and the exact same problem ocurred. I also have D3 and the beta installed, never had any problems, and am not risking have to download 19 gb to do a fresh install just to have the same problem occur again.

And yet Blizzard has yet to acknowledge the problem, as the error message is not on the known issues on the sticky thread.
Edited by Pererê on 8/28/2012 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warlock
08/28/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Longfeather
anyone any luck yet?

nope.. please help us blizzard!!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

Show hidden files

did that, still no folders

Click the View tab.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]