HELP! Patch 5.0.4 ruined my game client!!

(Locked)

83 Goblin Mage
So today I let the new patch download while I was at work, and when I got home it had finished just as i had hope.. So i got to log in, and the first thing that happens is parts of the log in screen were just flashing... and then when I log in, I have to choose my realm, but when i try to do that the realm list is just empty!! So now I cant even play! Please help!!!

P.S. I use a Mac OS X

So I found a way to make the screen stop flickering, I was messing around in the settings and switched to different ratios, I found that if you switch to windowed mode the screen goes back to normal. But still there's that terrain that looks all messed up. I agree with all our your posts on how this is unfair. Odd thing is that my girlfriend has a PC and it seems a lot of the PC users are having a hard time just installing the patch. I know a lot of us have asked for better graphics in a game that dates so far back, but as an option like it always has.

Like it has been mentioned before, all the models, the toons, the flags, the buildings...they all show up fine. I can see the new menus and additions to the U.I. so why can we not play the game with lower resolution ground texture? That's why the option is there isn't it? We have been playing since Vanilla on these machines haven't we? MOP is the expansion that makes or breaks WoW and they do this to us? Come on Blizz we need more support on this issue, it seems so easy to fix a terrain, such a simple game like Minecraft allows people to do it themselves why can't you? I never made it to 85 on this toon because I wanted to do it once this patch drops...thanks.

Now that we have realized that blizz hasn't officially shown us the support we need, we need to go to outside developers and hope that there is something that can be worked around...otherwise we're going to have to wait another year for a MOP server to drop.

SMH, all this money for blizz to force us out..
83 Goblin Mage
oh and BTW - I just upgraded to Lion, so there's no issues there, and I did the system update like WoW recommended me to do...

Graphics Intel GMA 950 64 MB
100 Draenei Shaman
So now that you changed the requirements on us and we have spent much money on these games, will you be refunding us our money? Since it is now impossible for the vast majority of your previous clientele from the Mac based side to play, I believe it is only fair that all users be compensated. And not by some free days of WoW and some stupid little pet! We were proud supporters of this company and now we have been backstabbed and kicked out. So either repair what you have done and enable the graphics cards that became unsupported in this patch OR refund us our money and give us compensation for all that we have been tricked into buying from Blizzard.

Sincerely,
Your Former Supporters
81 Goblin Hunter
so did upgrading to lion help fix the graphics for you?
90 Human Priest
08/29/2012 11:45 PMPosted by Drimp
so did upgrading to lion help fix the graphics for you?

Probably not. I'm running Lion on a GMA 950 Mac. Same issues with the lava ground and whatnot. I just bought the full game up through MoP a little bit ago when it went on sale for $60; that's the only money they will be getting from me, unfortunately. Unless they fix this by the time I buy a new PC, I'll be playing Guild Wars 2.
Edited by Psykek on 8/30/2012 2:07 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Priest
I really hope Blizzard finds a way to support older Mac computers. My boyfriend is completely unable to play WoW too now & also isn't going to go out and buy a new computer just so he can play. Really sucks. Please fix this Blizz!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Frankly at this point I would just like a "Yes we're working on this" or "No, please call for a refund".
Edited by Kookamønga on 8/30/2012 6:02 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
This is unfortunate and really sad. Here comes the death of wow and the development of a new game... man I wish I knew more programmers and designers so I could finish my MMO on time... now would be the perfect launch time for it... At least now i'm more motivated than ever to finish it... and blizz just gave me more free time...

we can all just go play on a free cata server somewhere, screw official servers they are over priced anyway.
33 Draenei Warrior
That is why I built a PC back in early Cata, because my Mac was older and could barley run the game, when i found out I could not Upgrade parts I sold it and used the money to start a new PC. Mac systems are also over priced for what you get, and they have been on the borderline of not being Video Game Viable for years (besides facebook games...and even in some cases they aren't supported..). It's not blizzards fault that macs with the GMA chipset are not supported they just lack the ability to sustain the graphics. When the game enhances, changes need to be made to the system and in Macs case its a solid unit, and knowing that it isn't able to be upgraded is a huge wrench in any gamers lifestyle.
I will agree that the situation is unfortunate and Blizzard should / try to do something to better the situation for the sake of their player base.

Here comes the death of wow and the development of a new game... .

Also a Very valid Point. They may not do anything at all or even care, because TITAN is on its way in a couple years, it will supposedly End WoW and be blizzards new reigning MMO champion. And I don't know much about Mac's because i haven't Looked at buying new ones or even window shop for them but I doubt macs will be able to support TITAN as well.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
if you go to your WoW/WTF/Config.wtf and add this two single lines:

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

From another Wonderful player who saved my day. Things change a little bit but it certainly offers a temporary fix.
90 Night Elf Druid
hey mine did something different but i need to fix it someway . So when i log in and enter the world on my main character it takes about 20 to enter it and when it does u playr for like 2 min and then if u try to open the map or ur bags it appears transparent and am a druid so when i shapeshift it says in the same figure but it does w.e the shape is suppost to do ( like when i click flying shapeshift my character just starts swiming in the air :P ) and also then after a couple more minutes it just frozes and it says wow not responding and i have to close it

please help .
90 Human Paladin

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

From another Wonderful player who saved my day. Things change a little bit but it certainly offers a temporary fix.

playing on it and so far it works! Thank you to both your friend and you! PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT, THERE MAY BE HOPE FOR MACS!

edit: I have a mac with the X3100 card
Edited by Epiona on 8/30/2012 8:03 PM PDT
85 Undead Warlock
What program do you use to edit config.wtf?? My macbook doesn't have a utility to edit it and add the :
SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"
85 Draenei Death Knight
it should open in text edit. I am reinstalling the game now to see if it works with that "SET..." adjustment to the config file. I tried a different one earlier from another thread to no avail and had given up hope, but I am going to try this and cross my fingers. I will check back again once I've tried it!
81 Goblin Hunter
hey!! awesome!!! does it matter whereabouts i type it??
85 Draenei Death Knight

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

IT WORKED! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! XD
90 Human Priest

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

Working on GMA 950.

Just copy the lines, and paste them on the bottom of the document in TextEdit.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]