HELP! Patch 5.0.4 ruined my game client!!

(Locked)

90 Worgen Warrior
GMA 950 here too, and it works.
81 Goblin Hunter
IT WORKED!!! THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!!!
85 Undead Warlock
Ok, I edited my config.wtf by selecting open with, textedit, then i just added the:
SET fixed function "1"
SET ffx "0"
at the very bottom. then I clicked file, save. Closed everything and launched the game...

All the wacky colors all around me are gone but now the distant terrain is all white-out instead of neon colors so it has fixed the majority of my problems the FPS rate is better too. This should work for now but I hope blizz changes something so us with "vintage" macbooks can play like in cata..

5 year old macbook is too out of date to play world of warcraft... friggin' unbelievable..
81 Goblin Hunter
Ok, I edited my config.wtf by selecting open with, textedit, then i just added the:
SET fixed function "1"
SET ffx "0"
at the very bottom. then I clicked file, save. Closed everything and launched the game...

All the wacky colors all around me are gone but now the distant terrain is all white-out instead of neon colors so it has fixed the majority of my problems the FPS rate is better too. This should work for now but I hope blizz changes something so us with "vintage" macbooks can play like in cata..

5 year old macbook is too out of date to play world of warcraft... friggin' unbelievable..
Yeahhh ive got the same problem.. if anyone finds anything else to fix it all the way please let us all know!! :)
90 Orc Warlock
if you go to your WoW/WTF/Config.wtf and add this two single lines:

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

From another Wonderful player who saved my day. Things change a little bit but it certainly offers a temporary fix.

Thank you so much for this. It was hell to play with the ground disappearing in rapidly flickering triangles. The white background is a bit odd, but it's much preferable to how things were before I made the change.
85 Goblin Priest

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

From another Wonderful player who saved my day. Things change a little bit but it certainly offers a temporary fix.

Blizzard should put this on their front page! It's genius! I wonder if we can continue to do this through mop?
Hallelujah! Yes, it works! And yes, the distant terrain is white, but this is playable, whereas before with the flickering triangles everywhere it was not playable. Before seeing this fix, I had submitted a ticket to Blizzard. Yesterday they worked with me to try and fix things, and the last thing they had me do was delete the game from my computer, then re-download it. It actually downloaded in little time, and the game ran more smoothly (though the flashing triangles were still there). So I'm back in the game. Grateful to the player who gave the fix!
81 Goblin Hunter
It keeps crashing for me :(
83 Goblin Mage

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

TESTED : WORKS

For all the people having terrain issues this seems to fix it, there's small issues with some models like the Horde Flag was green but I'm not sure if thats just a bug with the new update or if this coding changed that. But if it was that damn easy to fix, why couldn't blizzard tell us that? Terrain works fine, might wanna lower your graphic settings though because it seems like it takes a little more RAM to run it this way, then again I have no clue. Thank you so much for the information you have given us all, you are a WoW savior. Whoever gave you that idea give him a good pat on the back from all of us.
83 Goblin Mage
And just to clarify, Upgrading to Lion/ Mountain Lion didn't do squat.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I tried adding those two lines of to the WTF file, and it made it BETTER, but it didn't make it go away. :/
85 Blood Elf Mage
How do you get to the WoW/WTF/Config.wtf file?
85 Troll Shaman
Thank you so much! You're a lifesaver!
81 Goblin Hunter
08/31/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Snayne
How do you get to the WoW/WTF/Config.wtf file?
Just go to the little magnifying glass thingy in your top right corner, type in world of warcraft, click on the folder, and presto!! there it all is :)
100 Draenei Death Knight

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

You and that amazing player are the best! I am so glad someone has been able to help. Thank you so much. My boyfriend finally accepted the Scroll of Resurrection Sunday night, and last Saturday I got my roommate to start playing. I was getting really depressed trying to play with them and not being able to make out the ground.
Edited by Alayla on 8/31/2012 9:16 PM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
Does anyone have tips if the added code does not work? I was excited to see a possible solution, and quickly added it to the config file. However, now the game freezes on the login screen every time.

I'll keep trying. It's clear that there are ways around this problem - thanks to whoever figure this out. :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]