HELP! Patch 5.0.4 ruined my game client!!

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
well, hot d#m. SET fixedfunction "1"/SET ffx "0" at the end of the WTF.config worked. All the ground looks like it should. Still not going to buy MoP or another game card when mine expires in 59 days. WoW can shove it. I'll get my NES out and play Mario and Zelda, or play good old fashion Diablo 2. IF Bliz fixes the problem I MIGHT come back but they shouldn't hold their breath.... I have 3 85s and a butt load of other characters I have worked hard on and paid good money to beable to play. IF they can make a 32bit exception when they switched to 64bit they can do taht here too. Since it was only the ground textures that were affected(atleast for me) then it is not the graphic card (Chipset Model: GMA 950). IF it was the card all textures would be affected. Pretty sure Bliz has stock in Apple and PC otherwise this is death move for them.
90 Draenei Shaman
Does anyone have tips if the added code does not work? I was excited to see a possible solution, and quickly added it to the config file. However, now the game freezes on the login screen every time.

I'll keep trying. It's clear that there are ways around this problem - thanks to whoever figure this out. :)

So, simply restarting the Mac seemed to make it work. I logged in and checked out various zones.

Far-away landscapes are white (instead of that misty look they have when the distance is turned down), but that's definitely better than the ground being all screwed up.

Thank you a million times to whoever figured this out.
90 Draenei Warrior
so i did this and it stopped flickering. I have a GMA X3100. Yet now when I put my password in it says success with the option to cancel and then doesn't proceed from there!

halp!
89 Tauren Druid
Thank you so much for this fix! It's going to be hard to get used to the big white wall, but at least I can see the ground. I think it's about time for a new Mac.
76 Worgen Druid
"SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0""

IT WORKED! HOLY FRIJOLES!!!!! Thank you!
85 Troll Hunter
i'm glad to hear that those two lines saved the day for so many of you who are having this problem!!!

Really, I'm feeling very happy being helpful to some of you guys while we don't get a fix from blizz. (if they plan to do so...)
80 Night Elf Hunter
if you go to your WoW/WTF/Config.wtf and add this two single lines:

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

From another Wonderful player who saved my day. Things change a little bit but it certainly offers a temporary fix.

This just saved my day. THANK YOU. <3
81 Blood Elf Paladin

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

From another Wonderful player who saved my day. Things change a little bit but it certainly offers a temporary fix.

This just saved my day. THANK YOU. <3

maybe I'm doing this wrong, but it isn't helping me. Can anyone confirm this works for the GMA X3100 or whatever my 2008 macbook has?
66 Gnome Rogue
No money has been wasted.

No fingers should be pointed or shown.

Practically every computer game that has been released, at least within the last five years, has clearly displayed in the requirements section a statement saying that requirements *may change over time due to potential changes* where then the buyer might have to upgrade their system - or obtain a new system - to play the game. This is not Blizzard's fault, and Blizzard most likely doesn't own the hardware industry (referring to a post implying that Blizz is greedy).

People. Don't quit over these changes. Adapt. Get new gear. I'm in the market for a new laptop as well because in another two years this thing just won't cut it - and it is only one year old.
58 Gnome Mage
Ok, this will sound really dumb, but when I click on the config.wtf file it asks what application I want to use to open it.

Help, anyone?
90 Blood Elf Priest

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

Thank you thank you thank you!! I have the GMA 950 chip on my macbook and this worked great! I can even full screen again! I've been mourning the loss of terrain, and considering cancelling my subscription. I read some comments that said it didn't work, the first time I tried it didn't work either, but then I seen the changes had not been saved. Just open config.wtf in textedit, add the lines to the bottom and be sure to save! Then boot up the game and away you go!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! ( i made a back up copy of the config.wtf file in case the unedited version is needed later ) Who ever came up with this is pure genius, and thanks so much for sharing with the rest of us!
12 Worgen Warlock
Ok, this will sound really dumb, but when I click on the config.wtf file it asks what application I want to use to open it.

Help, anyone?

TextEdit
90 Worgen Warrior
No money has been wasted.

No fingers should be pointed or shown.

Practically every computer game that has been released, at least within the last five years, has clearly displayed in the requirements section a statement saying that requirements *may change over time due to potential changes* where then the buyer might have to upgrade their system - or obtain a new system - to play the game. This is not Blizzard's fault, and Blizzard most likely doesn't own the hardware industry (referring to a post implying that Blizz is greedy).

People. Don't quit over these changes. Adapt. Get new gear. I'm in the market for a new laptop as well because in another two years this thing just won't cut it - and it is only one year old.

I would have no issue with the requirements changing had some warning been given, preferably prior to signing on for the annual pass. I have wasted money. Had I known I would not be able to play (both WoW after the MoP release and also Diablo, which was included in the pass but useless to me) I would not have signed on for the annual pass. I did check prior to signing on and my system was listed as being supported (by both MoP and Diablo). You can't tell me Blizzard didn't know there would be system changes.

As for "adapting", if you have the kind of money needed to "get new gear", well good on you. Not everyone can afford to purchase a new system just to play a game. Those of us who do not have money to burn are left with no choice but to quit....though it's not actually quitting, it's more like being thrown out.
90 Human Warlock
Ok so I did the changes but now it crashes after 5 minutes of play time. Anyone have any ideas?
85 Troll Hunter
Yeah, I heard that a lot of people are getting this same problem of crashing... but as said before, fixing the flickering problem with that suggestion may cause others problems... for me it worked fine.
83 Goblin Mage
Try making wow in Windowed mode, that stopped my flickering.
85 Undead Priest
So what Blizz has done to all Mac users is required them to spend money to update their macs, then also we are now having problems because of graphics issues with the GMA X3100 graphics card, so...buy a new Mac? Yeah right. Blizz this is going to lose tons of players because of the lack of warning along with the need to just throw money away to play a game.

It's a pain that I'm paying to play when I haven't been able to in about 2 weeks. -___-

Guild Wars 2 anyone?
73 Blood Elf Paladin
nWc
09/03/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Pâischâros
WoW/WTF/Config.wtf
Edited by Larwen on 9/9/2012 1:39 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]