HELP! Patch 5.0.4 ruined my game client!!

(Locked)

73 Blood Elf Paladin
nWc
SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"
90 Orc Warlock
I'm not sure if it's because the patch, since the patch notes contain "Resolved a Mac issue related to CPU usage." but I was able to remove the two lines I added to the Config.wtf file and the game's graphics are the same as they were pre-5.0 patch, with no flickering triangles in place of the ground textures.
Whether it was intentional fix or an unintended side effect of another change, looks like Blizzard fixed it for us.
90 Human Warlock
Thanks for the update vorpil. I was started to get annoyed by the white wall in the background
27 Human Warlock
my graphics go out then restarts on the live but not on beta can someone help me find out what the problem is
90 Blood Elf Priest
So is anyone able to play in MoP with this fix? It made WoW much better but I get dc'ed about every 30 min. I was hoping I could still play in Mop until I can get a new computer.
Thanks for any info.

A special thanks to Blizz, for forcing me and many others out of WoW with no warning or making it worth not playing at all due to the issues.
90 Blood Elf Priest
So Blizz fixed the issues? We can remove the lines in the config file and its back to normal..ish...lol
100 Night Elf Hunter
if you go to your WoW/WTF/Config.wtf and add this two single lines:

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

From another Wonderful player who saved my day. Things change a little bit but it certainly offers a temporary fix.

Do we know if this works for PC's as well? My husband's machine is having the same tear issue that looks like this :http://i.imgur.com/NfOY2.png? Gruthgos's 85 (Tauren Druid Bathory) screen capture there, not ours.
MVP - Technical Support
93 Draenei Mage
Do we know if this works for PC's as well? My husband's machine is having the same tear issue that looks like this :http://i.imgur.com/NfOY2.png? Gruthgos's 85 (Tauren Druid Bathory) screen capture there, not ours.

You'll need to post a DxDiag and description of the issue to the Windows Tech Support forums :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011701/

Not totally sure if that's overheating , bad windows drivers or bad textures.

Here's some info on how to run a DxDiag :

https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information
100 Night Elf Hunter
Thank you very much for the information.
86 Blood Elf Paladin
if you go to your WoW/WTF/Config.wtf and add this two single lines:

SET fixedfunction "1"
SET ffx "0"

From another Wonderful player who saved my day. Things change a little bit but it certainly offers a temporary fix.

Whoever came up with this just saved Blizzard a couple more subscriptions! It worked perfectly!
83 Goblin Mage
Update :
The added code works like a charm, the only thing that I still had was a screen flicker. I checked out a few sites, well countless sites and this is what I figured out.

Step 1 : delete your cache in your WoW folder, make sure it's emptied..(not sure if it matters but I always do anyway)

Step 2 : run the wow launcher, and in the menu bar at the top go to options and change your game settings to windowed fullscreen, and 32 bit client.

Step 3 : WoW will load up, now this is the breaking point i've noticed. Go to the system options or w.e at the login screen if the flickering hasn't stopped and check Vertical Sync, (make sure it's enabled) once I did this last step the flickering stopped.

I've tried doing the Vertical Sync alone and got nothing so maybe it's this whole process, maybe it's not but this is how I properly fixed my WoW minus the white background. If someone knows a way to fix the white background and not just the terrain please let me know.

I don't blame blizzard, but I do wish they would recognize we found a way to make this work with simple code and work off of that.

I hope I have helped someone a little more.

~Vurlix
90 Undead Death Knight
It didnt work for me. Im still walking around with black holes...or triangles where ever I step.
Support Forum Agent
Julibro, what have you tried so far? Can you create a new thread, and post some system info?

I'm locking this thread because it is from last year.

'Look at flesh. See only potential. Strands, sequences, twisting, separating, joining. See how it could be better. Eat flesh, splinter bone. Inside me, can touch it. Weave it. Spin it... Make it great.'

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]