Dual Wield?

85 Human Death Knight
Has anybody tested DW vs 2H for PVP yet?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Yeah just tried out 2H with Runic Empowerment, was fun topping the charts no real problems.
Then I tried DW with Runic Corruption and it was even better, I think Runic Corruption may be bugged, on a target dummy I was able to spam 12 Howling Blasts in a row just because I had proc after proc of 100% rune regeneration. Going to try it out with 2H in a little bit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Just realized I never forged my hit out when I went from 2H to DW, woops, so as of right now I'd say DW is pretty awesome if Runic Corruption stays the way it is.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Are we using Obliterate now as DW?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
nope
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
for 2H you pick Obliterate now over Frost Strike for KM procs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
08/28/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Dkvaluemenu
for 2H you pick Obliterate now over Frost Strike for KM procs.

RC is crazy good now that the buff stacks

perma 4.43 sec rune regen... (when lucky with procs)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I have been playing with this and RC seems to work well with very little down time.

My question is now that the changes are made how much hit should i be aiming for for DW? I think i have too much at 8.5%
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Death Knight
So as DW frost its FS > Ob? Or what am i missing..
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
08/28/2012 11:34 PMPosted by Rickdog

Yeah, it's always been like that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
and the 2 UH runes? DnD and Plague strike?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
08/29/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Livedeath

Wrong, thats only if your playing as masterfrost. Obliterate hits harder than both frost strike and howling blast.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Obliterate costs 2 runes, one howling blast plus one frost strike together is more than obliterate at the cost of only one rune.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
08/29/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Murtrick

Wrong, thats only if your playing as masterfrost. Obliterate hits harder than both frost strike and howling blast.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
WHY isn't there a dual wield talent available to DK's? Blizzard MUST know that so many people love dual wielding. The hit penalties for dual wielding are so high that most people will never carry on with it once they reach end game. It's basically just a way to "look cool" as you level, but it's deeply frustrating when you know that your hit chance is so low. I want a DUAL WIELD tank - who the hell wouldn't? You want to please your gamers Blizzard? Either remove the option for dual wielding entirely and stop getting our hopes up, or make DW viable (especially for tanks)!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
08/29/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Murtrick

In PvP, DW has stacked mastery like mad all of cata and with the levels of mastery it reaches HB/FS hit's harder than Obliterate on it's own. Especially with the new ToT.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]