please insert world of warcraft disc 1??

88 Worgen Mage
So i'm trying to download the latest patch and I am forced to download this optimizer, which I don't mind doing, but it keeps telling me to insert the disc labled World of Warcraft disc 1. My first issue was that I had downloaded the client online and didnt have my disc with me but then I went and dug through all my storage for my original WoW disc. So i inserted the WoW disc but it keeps poping up as insert disc 1. Someone help because it wont recognize the disc as being the WOW disc for some reason. I'm using a Mac too if that matters which i wouldn't think it would unless there is a certain WoW disc for PC and Mac and I have the PC disc.....
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Priest
having the same issue, also a mac user
Reply Quote
74 Worgen Death Knight
Same here, also a Mac user.
Reply Quote
89 Orc Hunter
Same issue. Also on Mac. OSX 10.7.4
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Same problem here, I'm using a mac as well! please help.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Mac user :*(
Reply Quote
12 Draenei Warrior
Mac user...... hey blizzard we need our wow fix and were stuck on a stupid update.......... loosing some faith over here.......I guess my monthly payments don't mean that much to you.
Reply Quote
12 Draenei Warrior
$14.95 times lets say a million users
this equals $14,950,000
times 12 equals $179,400,00
This is the low side of the math
and this problem can't be corrected out of the gate

I work my !@# off during the week and when i spend money to get a product I expect it to work especially when its supposed to be just an update. If you update and the game now doesn't work for me, you now get close to loosing a customer. If I feeling that way than thousands do.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Priest
Here again - how to solve this?
Mac user - downloaded client
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm in the same boat, after trying everything I could think of I submitted a ticket last night. Trying to contact Blizz support, but surprise! their phone queue is full and I'm just told to call back later. I have all my discs, am considering doing a full uninstall but I really don't think that will solve the issue here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Well, I deleted the battle.net folders from the hard drive, a new window popped up after dling the updated tools, saying it was running setup, then right back to the flippin' optimization screen, and it's been at 0% with no change for about 45 mins now. At least it's not asking for the disc anymore! I'll update if/when anything happens, maybe this is the fix us Mac users needed!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
OMFG IT IS FINALLY WORKING, I have never been so excited to see progress at 2% in my entire life. Looks like deleting the battle.net folders was the magic trick! Woohoo!
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Rogue
What battle.net folders do you delete??
Edited by Bellamont on 9/2/2012 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Worgen Hunter
Hey I am a Dell user and have the same 0% load after 45 minutes. Tried deleting folders still not change. Deleted cache, history, and WFT, ran registry cleaner, antivirus, nothing has helped.
At a loss. Sitting here reading forums hoping not to have to re-install WOW. Especially since I have purchased the game also, Tks for heads up on that avenue.
Also on the "send Ticket" idea. Woe is me, want to play :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
also mac user... same problem,.... sent threw ticket just now after having my discs fedexed to me from my parents place...
dont want to delete the files as I'm only allowed 10Gig a month on my internet....
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Same problem. Mac user. Downloaded client so no disk.

Lame.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
Same problem here. Mac user as well. Very disappointed.
Reply Quote
67 Human Priest
Same problem. Mac user.
Reply Quote
76 Draenei Hunter
$14.95 times lets say a million users
this equals $14,950,000
times 12 equals $179,400,00
This is the low side of the math
and this problem can't be corrected out of the gate

I work my !@# off during the week and when i spend money to get a product I expect it to work especially when its supposed to be just an update. If you update and the game now doesn't work for me, you now get close to loosing a customer. If I feeling that way than thousands do.

Not everyone pays $15 a month. Some people pay far less. Even in the areas where $15 a month is the normal subscription rate, you can usually get a discount for paying for several months at a time.

You are also assuming that is all profit, with no servers to maintain, no content to developer, no other bills to pay, and no employees to pay.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I didn't have this exact problem of asking for a disc, but I couldn't get past the optomizing on either mine or my husband's computers (both macs). I ended up uninstalling wow completely and redownloading from Blizzard. The optimizing thing shouldn't take more than an hour if it is working like intended. This is the quote from a blue on how to do it (it links another page). The 5.0 installer doesn't need to be optimized, thus you get the skip the part that is causing so much problems for so many people.

If all else fails, delete your current build of World of Warcraft and use the new 5.0 Installer on Battle.net. Read our World of Warcraft Uninstall article for uninstalling steps and how to download the new installer: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/uninstall-reinstall-instructions-for-patching-issues
Edited by Aneria on 9/7/2012 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]