<A> The Old Timers Guild

100 Worgen Rogue
In 2005 a vision got its start. That vision was the answer to a question. Wouldn't it be nice to game with like minded mature gamers who just want to have some fun? The result of that vision is:

The Old Timers Guild

Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama......All About The Fun

Please visit our site at:

http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/content.php
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
@Asmodejj - Physical benefits include the web site and access to other MMO chapters besides Wow. We also have a huge Mumble account (like Ventrillo). The real benefit is from being in a large casual guild. We are not a raiding guild but a guild that raids. For CATA we had three static 10 man raid teams - all at various skill levels. Tuesdays are 25 man achievement runs. Saturdays I host the Moar Dots event which goes after older content (OS3D and TK's The Eye, for mounts, Ulduar, and ICC25). We were server first for Guild lvl 25.

The thing I like best about OTG is that unlike trade chat, you can have conversations with people that do not automatically troll everything you say.
Reply Quote
The Old Timers Guild has been around for a long time and they've never bothered anyone. Leave em alone to do their thing. It's a guild based on community rather than progression, it's not that difficult of a concept.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Not to mention they have like a million members and will get server first lvl 30 guild. :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I pull my weight these days!

Now I need to learn to ele (:
Reply Quote

Not trolling, belittling, or insulting hmmm?

You were being a smart !@# and she checked you on it. The in-game benefit IS a mature playing environment. I realize that you likely have issues with understanding what a "community" is seeing as how you've done a pretty good job at making yourself a general pariah on Anvilmar, but a positive guild environment is important to many people.

Don't think because you get to peek over Badglad's shoulder while we raid means you have any room to talk about people getting carried.

The only think I'm a pariah for is AA. I get along decently with everyone else. Also, you can thank me for even letting Badglad raid, seeing as he's been using my laptop for the past 2 weeks. You're welcome.

I only use him for his mana tide.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You like me for our conversations too, I can tell
Reply Quote
From what he tells me, you all love him for his fantastic sense of humor and camaraderie. Am I mistaken?
Edited by Asmodejj on 8/25/2012 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I support OTG being an old timer myself. Damn kids get off my lawn.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Ivy was easily the best ret paladin on Anvilmar during ICC content,

Idk who might've been better during TOC, since Valor and Ivy were both in the same guild with you guys, but there were better Rets in Voracity once ICC came along. Valor immediately comes to mind when he switched to us.
Edited by Purifiedtart on 8/26/2012 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
In no way was I trying to emanate an attitude of being "better-than-you".
I was merely a tiny bit peeved that you took the approach in comment that you did, especially with a guild that really didn't provoke anything.

I'm sure there were plenty of better players and ret paladins then myself. And Valor was a great player. However I think if I had 1 staple guild in Anvilmar or any other realm I had transferred to during ICC content, and had near equivalent gear to Valor's. (Curse you tiny abom jar)
I would have performed exponentially better than whatever you thought you had previously seen me pull, Tart :-)

It's past content, and I like to remember it because it was fun times. But the past is the past, and I perfectly alright with not turning OTG recruitment thread into a thread about ivytea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]