Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

Community Manager
When Patch 5.0.4 goes live in the next week, we will be implementing systems that prepare characters for the Pet Battles system that is coming with World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, and bringing account-wide non-combat pets to the game. During the patching process, non-combat pets will be migrated among your characters, with the final result being all of your non-combat pets available to all of your characters. This initial adjustment to your catalog of pets includes several changes that are worth noting.

1. There will be a limit of 500 pets, per player, that can be carried going forward.
  • Players will be allowed to go over the 500 pet cap during the 5.0.4 migration.
  • The migration will not convert more than a total of 1500 pets for a player.
  • Unique pets will be merged, so there will not be more than one unique pet on an account.

2. Pets that can only be used by characters of the other faction will be greyed out.
  • Such pets can only be summoned by characters of the proper faction.
  • Examples include: Balloons, Moonkin Hatchlings.
  • There are certain pets that will not be account-wide. Examples include: Guild Page, Guild Herald, Argent Squire, Argent Gruntling.

3. Players should not see more than one of any unique pets. Examles include: Lil' KT, Murky, and Frosty.

4. All standard pets will be merged. There will be a limit of three per type for players, but the migration can exceed this limit. Examples of standard pets: Orange Tabby Cat, Brown Prairie Dog, Crimson Whelpling.
Edited by Kaivax on 8/28/2012 3:42 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
1. There will be a limit of 500 pets, per player, that can be carried going forward.

Players will be allowed to go over the 500 pet cap during the 5.0.4 migration.
The migration will not convert more than a total of 1500 pets for a player.
Unique pets will be merged, so there will not be more than one unique pet on an account.

Does this mean that you won't be able to learn any more pets once you hit the 500 pet limit, or that any new ones will only show up on the toon you learn them on?

On a related note, will we have any ability to drop pets or alter which ones get shared? For example, if I hit the limit and then get some shiny new pet (for example, a Collector's Edition reward), will I be able to drop my Orange Tabby and put the new pet in its place? Or, could I "hide" all my Alliance-only pets to open up slots for bifactional pets to be shared?
Edited by Karat on 8/24/2012 6:34 PM PDT
85 Worgen Druid
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere and is a little off-topic . . . but when you say 'account wide' is this just one game account or the whole battle.net account?
08/24/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Kaivax
There are certain pets that will not be account-wide. Examples include: Guild Page, Guild Herald, Argent Squire, Argent Gruntling.

So none of these will count towards the Pet Collecting Achievements? Am I reding this right? =/
90 Troll Shaman

2. Pets that can only be used by characters of the other faction will be greyed out.
  • There are certain pets that will not be account-wide. Examples include: Guild Page, Guild Herald, Argent Squire, Argent Gruntling.

Is this the Blizzard Store Moonkin Hatchling? Why does it go from being a dual-faction pet to an Alliance-only pet?
85 Worgen Druid

Is this the Blizzard Store Moonkin Hatchling? Why does it go from being a dual-faction pet to an Alliance-only pet?

There is a Horde one too.
90 Tauren Hunter
HELP!

Please clarify the meaning of "Account-wide" in regards to pets. I currently have 3 licenses in my family under the same Battle.net account. Will the pets really be merged across all of Battle.net as the press releases state or is it actually just within each individual license?

If all of our pets are merged into one super library, how will we be able to battle each other? Will we be able to be logged in at the same time with identical pet rosters? Will we each still be able to each do the quest lines and dailies? Using the same pets? Will we be able to level and battle with pets all at the same time in different parts of the world? This doesn't seem to make sense, but the press releases keep saying "account-wide across battle.net". I am on the verge of separating my licenses onto different battle.net accounts to make sure that we can participate fully. My son will be devastated if we can't battle each other!
90 Human Priest
4. All standard pets will be merged, with a limit of three per type. Players who currently have more than three of the same pet across their characters will see a total of three after the migration. Examples of standard pets: Orange Tabby Cat, Brown Prairie Dog, Crimson Whelpling.

I am confused about this.

So if I have 4 cats, I will only have 3 after patch?
90 Night Elf Druid
So I have Whelplings across all my characters: Azure, Emerald, Dark, and Crimson Whelpling; do I get to choose which one goes away or is it forced upon me? If I had to choose, it be Dark Whelpling.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I finalized list of what is unique and what's not would be cool.
4. All standard pets will be merged, with a limit of three per type. Players who currently have more than three of the same pet across their characters will see a total of three after the migration. Examples of standard pets: Orange Tabby Cat, Brown Prairie Dog, Crimson Whelpling.

So what if all my toons have an orange tabby Cat, let's say. Would I get like money back for purchasing said pet? Or will the money just be gone? I know they only cost little silver but still.

08/24/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Jerauld
So I have Whelplings across all my characters: Azure, Emerald, Dark, and Crimson Whelpling; do I get to choose which one goes away or is it forced upon me? If I had to choose, it be Dark Whelpling.

I think since those are different colors you get to keep them all.
Edited by Kamoria on 8/24/2012 7:34 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
08/24/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Jerauld

Each color is a different pet so you can have 3 Azure, 3 Crimson, 3 Dark, and 3 Emerald
85 Goblin Warrior
Could you clarify whether or not account-wide pets/mounts/achievements will apply to all WoW licences on a battle.net account. Specifically: is there any chance they will apply to accounts from different regions (ie, will a US wow account share pets with a EU wow account if they are on the same battle.net account?).

I've seen lots of people speculating, but no official answer.
Hey Bliz...I have to agree with pretty much everyone here...this is about as vague and confusing as it could have possibly been. Any way we can get a Blizzardeeze to English conversion of this announcement? It seems to assume that all players have participated in the beta and are intimately familiar with every concept remotely related to the topic. Bad assumption. This is total greek to those of us who did not participate in the beta. Please be way more verbose and use way less legaleeze...and assume the audience doesn't have a clue what you are talking about (because we don't). Thanks guys.
Could you clarify whether or not account-wide pets/mounts/achievements will apply to all WoW licences on a battle.net account. Specifically: is there any chance they will apply to accounts from different regions (ie, will a US wow account share pets with a EU wow account if they are on the same battle.net account?).

I've seen lots of people speculating, but no official answer.

Account-wide literally means account wide. if you have a US account then it shares it with all that US account. Same with EU.
71 Undead Death Knight
3. Players should not see more than one of any unique pets. Examles include: Lil' KT, Murky, and Frosty.

Kaivax, I greatly appreciate that you all trying to clarify things for us. Forgive me but huh? I have a merged battle.net acct. Of that merge 1 acct has the Lil' KT, all accts have Murky, many Horde toons on all accts have the alliance cats. So would I be correct in understanding that:

A) Lil' KT will not go acct wide at all, and

B) Murky will no longer be on all accts, and

C) all my Horde toons will lose their cats (since there are no easily accessible cats via vendors on the Horde side)?

I'm really confused. Please give further clarification on this. Thanks.
Edited by Theoldman on 8/24/2012 7:42 PM PDT
72 Worgen Druid
are there any guidelines about mounts?

Kaivax, I greatly appreciate that you all trying to clarify things for us. Forgive me but huh? I have a merged battle.net acct. Of that merge 1 acct has the Lil' KT, all accts have Murky, many Horde toons on all accts have the alliance cats. So would I be correct in understanding that Lil' KT will not go acct wide at all, and Murky will no longer be on all accts, and all my Horde toons will lose their cats (since there are no easily accessible cats via vendors on the Horde side)?

I'm really confused. Please give further clarification on this. Thanks.

Lil'KT and Murky are account wide, but you only get one. Pets like the cats will be limited to a maximum of 3.
I have three wow accounts under one battle.net account...does that mean I get all my mounts for each account on any one of the three?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]