Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

90 Draenei Hunter
The 500 limit is... troubling. Is there same reason for the limit? Collecting mini pets is one of my favorite things to do in the game, always has been. I know I don't have 500, even with doubles, but I'm sure you plan to keep adding more. What do I do when I hit the 500 cap? I know I will not be deleting any. I guess when I 500 I just give up pet collecting?

It says players can go over 500 during migration. What then? Do these players always have a higher cap than the rest of us? Do they have to delete pets to get down to 500 after 5.0.4? What's the deal with that line? Can you explain it better?

Edit to add: Does that mean we should go on a mad pet acquiring spree in the hopes of getting more than 500 now while we can to avoid the arbitrary 500 limit?

i also agree with this player too, is the 500 total mean 500 diferent kinds of pets acrost the board, or does that mean 500 total for ALL your toons, because if it is the collective amount of pets you have obtain on all of your toons total, well i would have to say that is not very cool, because in retro spec i have a couple servers i play on with several 85s and mini pet and mount hunting are two of my favorite things to do, putting a limit on how many pets total i can have acrost the board is a very sad concept for me and i would not enjoy my game play as much if that is the case =(
63 Draenei Shaman
I can't wait for this :)

I'm really curious what my achievement point total will be. I really have no idea, since I alternate characters so much
100 Night Elf Hunter
so if i have more than three of a particular pet type my pet count will go down?
100 Tauren Hunter
Based on what Kaivax is saying, I am frantically trying to get one of my licenses moved to a separate battle.net account before the patch hits.

The whole point of having multiple licenses is so that we can play together. If we can't battle each other with our pets, it defeats the purpose.

Blizz might want to take a moment and think about how they are going to fix this when all of their best customers (the people who maintain multiple licenses) realize that they can't use this function. What happens when an account that has been merged wants to separate into 2 battle.net accounts? Because there are going to be a TON of people who will ask for this. If I can't get my accounts separated before the patch, I will be among them.

The really annoying thing is that I actually dont WANT a separate battle.net account. It has been really convenient and useful to have it all under one umbrella: one authenticator, sharing heirlooms. But I feel like I have to separate the accounts so I can play pet battles with my family.

I have a bad feeling about this transition. There are going to be a lot of unprepared, unhappy people on Tuesday.
62 Worgen Death Knight
this thread is super confusing, i think a new, more clear thread is in order.
30 Pandaren Mage
I don't think the thread is the problem. I think this whole "account-wide" business is what is confusing.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Quick question as I need it clarified. When you say account wide does that mean my character on Maurdin will get the pets and achievements of my character on Hellscream as well or is it server specific like BoAs are.

Please please reply, I need to know if I have to transfer my character before the patch hits.
90 Draenei Shaman
Quick question as I need it clarified. When you say account wide does that mean my character on Maurdin will get the pets and achievements of my character on Hellscream as well or is it server specific like BoAs are.

Please please reply, I need to know if I have to transfer my character before the patch hits.

The account-wide system is cross-realm. :)
You’ll be able to enjoy just about every mount and pet you own on any character, and any license, under a single Battle.net account.
85 Goblin Shaman

The account-wide system is cross-realm. :)
You’ll be able to enjoy just about every mount and pet you own on any character, and any license, under a single Battle.net account.

Does this mean EU and US licenses even though they are different regions? I've looked over the topic and asked my own questions but I haven't seen any answers to that. That's the one question that has me curious for an answer.
90 Draenei Shaman
08/26/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Valimatka
Does this mean EU and US licenses even though they are different regions? I've looked over the topic and asked my own questions but I haven't seen any answers to that. That's the one question that has me curious for an answer.

I'm not sure if it will apply to WoW-US & WoW-EU seeing as they're different regions.
Battle.net is infrastructured by region & those servers don't really 'talk'.
There'd be no way to communicate what mounts or pets you have from one to another.
90 Human Warrior
Vox
my question really about all of this is ......will any rep related pets/mounts be available on all toons... and will each toon be automatically exalted or will they be greyed out until each respective toon is of rep req. before the mount/pet is useable
85 Goblin Shaman

I'm not sure if it will apply to WoW-US & WoW-EU seeing as they're different regions.
Battle.net is infrastructured by region & those servers don't really 'talk'.
There'd be no way to communicate what mounts or pets you have from one to another.

Thanks. This is what had me confused since it was said all [WoW] licenses under the battle.net account. And since I had a US lisence and 2 EU Licenses under one battle.net I got confused.
85 Worgen Warrior
I dont understand why i would want 3 of the same pet? I really dont understand all this at all. will the companion tab be the same as it is now and i just choose which pets i want to learn from there?
86 Blood Elf Paladin
1: kt at this time if you have it you have 1 on each of your toons, when the merge happens you will not have 3 of each per toon as they are unique pets you will still have 1.

2 any non unique pet say snakes cats and so fourth you know the easy to get items that you ahve even say on your bank alt and say you have 8 toons all with it when merge happens you will have a maximum of 3 of each pet you have, 3 or more off on your toons, if on 4 of 8 toons have it then the 1's with it get 3 and the others without it get 1 could get 3 it doesnt go into enough detail to accertain.

Hope this help out some of the confusion.
as for acc wide as long as its under the 1 battlenet tag it will apply to all those acc in it
100 Troll Druid
Blizz still ain't touching TOC with a 50 foot poll... Would REALLY like some answers please.
100 Human Warlock
08/26/2012 06:21 AMPosted by Catbrie
so if i have more than three of a particular pet type my pet count will go down?

Ok. For the 50th time. If you have 3 black tabby cats, 3 calico cats, and 3 white kittens after the conversion you will haveeeeee
3 black tabby cats
3 calico cats
3 white kittens
The way you are asking is making me think you consider the above question to mean you have 9 cats that will be culled down to 3 when patch hits.

Next - Account wide means account wide. It means i can make a forum troll alt on durotan and still have my onyxia whelpling along with my disgusting oozeling on that toon.

Next theme im seeing, You are NOT losing pet count towards any achievements. Most of you will see a gain in this area. IF youre thinking of the Celestial dragon, that requires UNIQUE pets. as in 50 white kittens will count less towards it than one albino snake, a mechanical squirrel, and mojo.

That should cover everything that hasnt been gone over. If you are still confused there is a wonderful page full of pet battle patch notes that explains this better. Or you could migrate a character or 3 over to the PTR and see for yourself.
100 Human Warlock
Blizz still ain't touching TOC with a 50 foot poll... Would REALLY like some answers please.

I'm going to assume you mean Argent Tournament.
Consider the following -
Is the pet a quest reward from a quest that is faction exclusive/not mirrored on the other side?
Is the pet soulbound before it is learned?
Is there no way to place the pet on the neutral AH?
Iis the pet a faction exclusive from the pet store? e.g. the tauren moonkin hatchling and the night elf moonkin hatchling
If the answer to all of those questions is No then the pet will be available to both alliance and horde.
So if youre wondering if you can learn enchanted broom on a horde toon and switch over to an alliance toon, cage it, and AH it...then get on the ptr and find out because I don't have a definite answer on that one. However I recall seeing several posts that said it was possible.
Now if youre referring to the heralds and gruntlings, those still count toward pet achievements, they will not be summonable by the faction they oppose and they cannot battle.
87 Troll Druid
So... if my son and I want to be able to do pet battles against each other, we will have to be on SEPARATE battle.net accounts. Is that correct? Because that's kind of a big deal and pretty important to know.

Yikes... my daughter and I are set up the same way. :(

Agreed. WTF...don't you have to pay for a character transfer to separate the Bnet account into different Bnet emails? You're telling families that have all their licenses under one Bnet umbrella account that they have to pay to separate them to be able to enjoy the new features at the same time?

Please someone help me clarify this in my brain.
Edited by Jinxxer on 8/26/2012 10:58 AM PDT
85 Goblin Hunter
WOW... peep are retarded sometimes.. lol

If your pet has a diff name Like the whelps do then u will get to keep them all,
same with cats. you can only have 3 of each color! so u can own 3 orange tabys! 3white cats, and so on... the reason fro this is becuase pets in MOP are captured ,and there are poor(grey), common(green), and rare(blue)... this will let u capture 3 to get diff qualities of pets having better stats then others.

and the pets that dont transfer to all account toons are pets that u cant use to fight neway.

also allows you to capture xtras to trade with friends.

hope this helps.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]