Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

85 Human Rogue
What about Landro's XT? When I whip him out, he breaks every other "toy" companion around. So, if they are supposed to battle now... Do I lose that cool aspect of him?

"I'm ready to play!"
100 Night Elf Druid
08/26/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Hywell
Pets that your characters have learned are going to be merged, and will be account-wide thereafter.

I have one question that I didn't see an answer for in the Blue Tracker at MMOChampion.
Will the pets be truly account-wide? As in Live, anything that reads "account-wide" are locked to the server it has been acquired in. Will I be able to use my Warsong Horde pets in my Nemesis Alliance? Going out of subject here: Does that applies to mounts? What about heirlooms?

I am pretty sure where I read that the answer to the mounts is NO, you can't have a horde mount and use it on alliance or vice versa.

Pretty much the same answer to horde pet and alliance pet, from what I understand they will all go in the same book, but if you are on your alliance toon, the horde pets will be greyed out and you can't use them, vice versa for the horde toon trying to use the alliance pets.

BUT what is not clear is would all the pets horde and alliance count toward your 400 pet achievement, that answer hasn't been made clear or I haven't seen it yet, but if I had to give it a guess, I would say yes, ANYTHING in the book that is one of a kind should count toward your 400 pet achievement just like they do it on the web site that keeps track of vanity pets way before this was ever though of:

You have top 50 accounts and top 50 collections:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/top/account/

I believe the book should count as a COLLECTION and everything goes toward your goal as the 400 pet achievement, but I think we need blizzard confirmation on that.
100 Night Elf Druid
What about Landro's XT? When I whip him out, he breaks every other "toy" companion around. So, if they are supposed to battle now... Do I lose that cool aspect of him?

"I'm ready to play!"

No, because when you bring him out in a pet battle it is him and up to another 2 pets to do battle vs the wild pets, this has nothing to do with you bring him out following you around while you do your daily things, he will still break train sets and have a good time breaking things, but it wont happen in a PET BATTLE.
90 Tauren Shaman
The best suggestion I've seen here is to think of the end result of the migration as a "pet bank" into which all of the pets on all of the characters on your account are going to go.

With a very small number of exceptions, your characters then all have access to any of the pets in the "pet bank".

With exceptions, if you have two or three copies of the exact same pet somewhere in your account, you'll see all the copies in the "pet bank."

Ok, I have an 85 of each class and the cheap pets I bought one for each toon for the ach's. So my pet bank will seriously have 10 Prarie dog whistles .... 10 Tickbirds .... etc etc etc? Do we have the ability to delete the multiples?
90 Human Paladin
I am pretty sure where I read that the answer to the mounts is NO, you can't have a horde mount and use it on alliance or vice versa.

I think I didn't make myself clear enough. If I have a neutral pet on another server, could I use that in any server I play or is it locked to server like on live? What about mounts and heirlooms? I do know that faction specific pets and mounts can't be used by the other faction, my focus there is about server locked "account-wide" things.
100 Night Elf Druid
The best suggestion I've seen here is to think of the end result of the migration as a "pet bank" into which all of the pets on all of the characters on your account are going to go.

With a very small number of exceptions, your characters then all have access to any of the pets in the "pet bank".

With exceptions, if you have two or three copies of the exact same pet somewhere in your account, you'll see all the copies in the "pet bank."

Ok, I have an 85 of each class and the cheap pets I bought one for each toon for the ach's. So my pet bank will seriously have 10 Prarie dog whistles .... 10 Tickbirds .... etc etc etc? Do we have the ability to delete the multiples?

Yea right click and delete, but why delete, SELL THEM, if nothing else for 5 gold each, something is better than just deleting them. To bad you are not on my server, I would take them off your hands, I have a guild bank TAB full of pets ready to sell, you need to think advance in this game if you want to have $$$$. :)
100 Tauren Paladin
Don't worry. Different licenses such "Wow1", "Wow2" are considerated within the game as different accounts.
90 Tauren Shaman
I can't wait for this :)

I'm really curious what my achievement point total will be. I really have no idea, since I alternate characters so much

Ditto! I have 11 85s and my main is whatever works for the guild during that raid. So I have Plagued Protodrakes etc etc. I am seriously excited for the first time on 4 years of WOW. I may all of a sudden have a berjillion ach points. I added it up and I have 300000 kills in pvp on all my toons. Go go gadget account wide achs!
100 Night Elf Druid
Deleted.
Edited by Mâximus on 9/9/2012 7:26 PM PDT
100 Gnome Warrior
[quote]So my question since you brought it up is what happens if you go OVER THE 500 pet limiit come Tuesday??????? Are those extra pets sent back to you or does blizzard pick and choose on which one's gets thrown away?

According to the first post in this thread, the limit on Tuesday is 1500.

The first post also indicates that you're limited to 3 of any particular non-unique pet.

The big problem there is that it directly contradicts this blue post:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6307802778#2
08/15/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Mumper
Pets will still be merged on MoP launch, but instead of placing them in your bags or mail they will be placed directly in your pet journal. You will be allowed to have more than 500 and 3x per pet during this process.

The smaller problem is that given the information in the first post the 1500 limit is impossible to hit. There's currently 209 possible pets in the game, a number of them are unique. 3x209 is only 627. (edit for bad math) So why set the limit at 1500 at all?

Given that the first post contradicts a previous blue poster, and the fact that the limit is set at more than twice the possible highest number you could achieve even if there were no unique pets, I really hope that Kaivax posted incorrect information. If he did not, then Blizzard is doing some nonsensical things on their end, and arbitrarily punishing the players on the other.

Of course, if the upper limit of 1500 is accurate but the 3x any pet is not, I'm still in trouble. As near as I can figure, after all the uniques are merged, I'll have around 1700 pets.

Oh and as to what happens with the 500 limit, Mumper stated that once you're below 500 you won't be able to go back over again. I'd expect you won't be able to add any new pets until you're under 500. Kind of like how when they added the 200 limit to archeology fragments, if you were over you didn't lose any, but you couldn't get more til you went under 200.
Edited by Tiggindy on 8/26/2012 3:03 PM PDT
100 Gnome Warrior
08/26/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Mâximus
We are taking about an account, not battle.net, they never said the pets, achievements and mounts would be BATTLE.MET bound,

Actually, they did say that the achievements pets and mounts were battle.net account wide.

So her main account is 1, her kids are wow 2 and maybe another child wow 3, but they are all on the same battle.net account.

This means that if her acct and her kids' accounts are all under the same battle.net account, then they'll all have the same pet journal, achievements and mounts.
100 Night Elf Druid
Deleted.
100 Gnome Warrior
08/26/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Baloo
I may all of a sudden have a berjillion ach points. I added it up and I have 300000 kills in pvp on all my toons. Go go gadget account wide achs!

Yeah, it doesn't work like that.

While the achievements are account wide, the criteria for earning them isn't. At least for things that aren't pets and mounts.

For example, if you have 120,000 kills on 1 toon, 50,000 kills on another, 33,000 kills on another and so on totaling 300,000 kills across 8 toons, you will not get the 250,000 kill achievement. You won't get it because no one character has 250,000 kills. You need to get the achievement on one character, and then once it's earned it's shared to the account.

Similarly, for The Brewfest Diet achievement, you can't have one toon eat sausage, one toon eat pretzels, one toon eat cheese &ct. You have to do all the criteria of that achievement on a single toon to get the credit.

OTOH, If you have Brew of the month club on one toon, you've killed coren on another, eaten the food on a third, drunk the drinks on a fourth &ct., you'd get credit for the Brewfest meta achievement.
100 Night Elf Druid
Deleted.
100 Gnome Warrior
08/26/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Mâximus
First thing is I have never heard or seen anything that said 1,500

Kaivax said 1500 in the first post of this very thread. Please tell me you read the first post?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413172080#1

where did you see that everything will be BATTLE.NET bound if you don't mind me asking?

Zarhym
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4887739044?page=2#22
05/08/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Zarhym
For all intents and purposes, assume that the game doesn't really understand the concept of a WoW license. The account-level achievement system will all be based on the Battle.net account and not each individual WoW license attached to it.
100 Night Elf Druid
Deleted.
08/26/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Tiggindy
I may all of a sudden have a berjillion ach points. I added it up and I have 300000 kills in pvp on all my toons. Go go gadget account wide achs!

Yeah, it doesn't work like that.

While the achievements are account wide, the criteria for earning them isn't. At least for things that aren't pets and mounts.

For example, if you have 120,000 kills on 1 toon, 50,000 kills on another, 33,000 kills on another and so on totaling 300,000 kills across 8 toons, you will not get the 250,000 kill achievement. You won't get it because no one character has 250,000 kills. You need to get the achievement on one character, and then once it's earned it's shared to the account.

Untrue. Read this post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5367158

About half-way down you will find this:

A few achievements are account-only.
There are two categories of account-only achievements. One is achievements that are not possible to earn on one character. If we made an achievement to level every class to level 90, it would be account-only. (I'm not sure we will, but it's a good example.) The other category are achievements that are just brutal to complete on one character (and you’d never want to do for multiples), such as 2500 daily quests or 250K honorable kills. In these cases, the cumulative work of all your characters on those criteria will count.
100 Gnome Warrior
Untrue. Read this post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5367158

That's what I was reading, but I guess I didn't read closely enough.

I saw "If you start an achievement on one character, you can't then finish the achievement on another" and then the bit about metas being cumulative and thought that's what they meant by keep reading, since the first part of the next section was talking about account level only achievements I kinda skimmed the remainder.

My bad.
32 Dwarf Hunter
You didn't address the concerns of peeps that already have more than 3 of the rare drop pets now.

Let's say that across all of your characters, you've only ever acquired one Crimson Whelpling. It's on a character that you rarely play. You wish you had a Crimson Whelpling on your current main. But alas, you do not.

Let's say that I liked the Crimson whelpling so much that I went and got a crimson whelpling for 14 other characters.

Why are you deleting 12 of those?

I gueeeeess I kind of see what you're saying here, but functionally speaking, isn't it more like gaining pets than losing them?

For example: If you now have 14 Crimson Whelplings across 14 characters, and another 10 characters with no whelplings, you'll log in after the patch to suddenly find each of those characters has three Crimson Whelplings. While technically they're all pulling from the same pool of three, functionally it's the same as each character suddenly getting a bunch of whelplings in their mailbox. All the characters who today have no access to any whelplings will soon have access to them. I have a hard time seeing that as losing anything.
Edited by Carradin on 8/26/2012 3:58 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
08/24/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Kaivax
4. All standard pets will be merged, with a limit of three per type. Players who currently have more than three of the same pet across their characters will see a total of three after the migration. Examples of standard pets: Orange Tabby Cat, Brown Prairie Dog, Crimson Whelpling.

Is this speaking in general or will this rule be in place for Patch 5.0.4?

Originally, it was announced that players would be allowed to exceed the 3x cap post-patch. Has this changed?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6080902772#2

"Day one migration from Cataclysm has been changed. You will now get all of your extra pets directly in the journal (rather than pet crates in your bags/mail) These pets will be allowed to exceed the 500 total/3x per pet limits for this one time event. Note that unique pets will be merged into one."
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]