Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

90 Night Elf Druid

You will have to separate licenses for two players on the same Battle.net account to enter into Pet Battles at the same time.

This needs to be reconsidered - previously we have been encouraged to merge WoW 'family' accounts into one Battlenet account (for authenticator and credit card security etc) and this decision means some families will be separating them out now.

Also, the wording is confusing - I obviously have separate game licenses for my 2 WoW accounts, but I have just the one Battlenet account.
90 Human Paladin
My concern here is for the people that play on multiple servers. If you see the heirlooms, they are "Battle.net account bound", yet you can't send them to other servers. According to what Maximus linked, it should be working across different realms, and I sure hope so, not only that, I'm hoping that they make achievements and mounts the same way, hopefully even extend that to Heirlooms as the technology might work both ways. But, without confirmation on this exact issue, well, there isn't much to know.
90 Dwarf Paladin
08/24/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Kamoria
Lil'KT and Murky are account wide, but you only get one. Pets like the cats will be limited to a maximum of 3.

3 different types, each 'color' is a different pet
71 Gnome Priest
to try to help some who are having trouble with the *3 of the same pets* issue... It is my understanding that when you do Pet Battles, the pets can level up and get stronger... I am not sure when it goes into effect, but apparently we will be able to give all of our pets a unique name. Saying that... If I have 3 Orange tabbys...I would give each of them a different name. so I would have an orange tabby called *CandyCorn, one called OrangeRage and a third called PumpkinPuss.... each would have different abilities they earn based on their level. Therefore even though we can have 3 orange tabby cats... they will evolve to be different based on having different names and different abilities from the battles they win.

Hope that helps to clear up some of the confusion.
Edited by Icechip on 8/26/2012 6:00 PM PDT
90 Draenei Death Knight
08/24/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Kaivax
There are certain pets that will not be account-wide. Examples include: Guild Page, Guild Herald, Argent Squire, Argent Gruntling.

I'm not so ok with this as again account wide means account wide. Not all but a selected few if we can give a renowned tabard to our alts why can't we give the Herald and Page.

Also why if a level one in beta has the title of Argent Champion why can't they aquire the Argent Squire and Gruntling form your main also. I understand not giving the alts the Squire pony but why can't they have the Squire/gruntling all it does is hold the flags if it doesn't have the pony. If you have the title at lvl 1 why not the flags carrying squire?

I also noticed that even though the renowned tabard says Battle.net account bound I can't send it for give to my alts on my second account within my battle.net account even though there on the same realm.

This is a crock of crap if you say Battle.net account bound it should spread clear through out the battle.net account. It is rediculas that I would have to play money to transfer a character from WoW 1 with a bunch of tabards in the inventory to WoW 2 just to get my alts there Renowned tabards when all the toons are on the same realm.

I also noticed that my main who got copied over to beta has the following mounts.
Mech chopper and the traveler's tundra mammoth.
I got on my Templet Horde blood elf for the first time yesterday and looked only to find that he did not have the Horde version of the Mech chopper and did not have the travelers tundra mammoth. This not converting these pets to the other factions equivelent isn't ok in my book.

I want to say that when you say Battle.net account bound it should include any accounts under your Battle.net account name like mine is Victoria (Last name not given for safety reasons.) This means that WoW1 and WoW2 should be included. This is a bald faced deception that is dishonest and underhanded. The term Battle.net account bound is very misleading.

"3. Players should not see more than one of any unique pets. Examles include: Lil' KT, Murky, and Frosty."
I want to say this is sickening as it is also applied to the Onyxian Whelpling I have dutifully carried around for over 4 years now. I started out with a full 10 spells to pass around for my characters as the spells where not resent every time I started a new character. I had to hold onto the spell. I now over the years only have 2 of them left. I dilangently send if from my main to the new alt and then back to my main for safe keeping now that I've lost so many of the original 10 spells.

Each time I've had to send them two ways I had to spend 90 copper as usually the alt didn't have any money so my main had to send it to them. Now this isn't alot of money but the process is time concuming and tedious. And in the end I spent alot of money before I solidified the alts on my main account as 90 Copper adds up over time. When your main is only like level 50 at most 90 copper was a big deal when I started playing.
What I'm getting at is that this is wrong to make the players keep ahold of a spell like this and then tell them that they only get one of those on there account after almost all other pets are going account wide. This is a slimy thing to do to people like me. When I got the spells my main who was a hunter at the time was only like level 9. I've taught this spell to every character on this realm. I'm not happy all the stress and heart ache over trying to hold on to a spell that should have been resent with every new character on the realm like the pet store pets are is just sleazy.

I also want to say that I want to train my Argent Squire as a combat pet. Squires where traditionally knights in training. I've been looking forward to the squire being a combat pet for a long time now I wanted it even before this system was announced. I got my squire back in 2011 and I wanted to train it to be a knight now that the ability could be there you tell me I can't.. Boy Fail on this note blizz.

08/24/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Dalent
Is this the Blizzard Store Moonkin Hatchling? Why does it go from being a dual-faction pet to an Alliance-only pet?

I am also wondering when did this become an alliance only pet I paid for a pet that converts between the two factions with two different looks.

Dysheki
85 Worgen Druid
stalk and kill
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere and is a little off-topic . . . but when you say 'account wide' is this just one game account or the whole battle.net account?

I would imagine that they are talking just a single license within your battle.net account. That seems to be Blizzards style. Look at the way a Renowned tabard suddenly becomes soulbound when you try to trade from WoW1 to WoW2

Eyllen
85 Night Elf Rogue
Brotherhood of the Dawn
I have three wow accounts under one battle.net account...does that mean I get all my mounts for each account on any one of the three?

Now I don't speak for blizzard but it comes back to the fact that they are most likely referancing 1 Account license on any Battle.net account for this account wide. Which leads to the term Battle.net account bound being very misleading, underhanded and wrong.
Edited by Ksparhawk on 8/26/2012 6:09 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warrior
08/26/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Carradin
I gueeeeess I kind of see what you're saying here, but functionally speaking, isn't it more like gaining pets than losing them?

No.

I purposefully got the whelplings for pretty much every toon on both accounts. I do that for quite a few of the available pets.

On 18 toons, I've got in the neighborhood of 2200 minipets. When you remove all the ones that are "unique", I've still got around 1700 minipets.

I have a hard time seeing that as losing anything.

I've resigned myself to having effectively wasted half the money I've spent on store pets (I bought two each, one for each account). Thankfully, I'm not losing the money I spent on TCG pets.

However, limiting the merger to 3 of any pet means I'm apparently losing 12 whelplings. I camped the majority of the whelplings I have. Now multiply that by 4 colors of whelplings. Now add to that the time to get the rare raptors for the hatchlings (back before they added the nests), &ct., &ct.

Basically, what I'm losing is all the time I spent acquiring these items in the game.

Since one Blizzard poster said we would be able to keep more than 3 at the time of the merger, and one said we wouldn't, I'd like to know which is actually the case.
So, the question I have is whether Blizzard is going to be arbitrarily deleting around 200 of my pets (assuming the 1500 limit and not 3x limit), or whether they'll be deleting more than 1200 pets or my pets (assuming the 3x limit).
90 Gnome Warrior
08/26/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Ksparhawk
This is a crock of crap if you say Battle.net account bound it should spread clear through out the battle.net account. It is rediculas that I would have to play money to transfer a character from WoW 1 with a bunch of tabards in the inventory to WoW 2 just to get my alts there Renowned tabards when all the toons are on the same realm.

I don't know about the tabard, but I know I can send battle.net account bound pets across my two WoW accounts under the same battle.net account. Otherwise my spare paladin on the second account wouldn't have Mini-Tyrael.
85 Tauren Paladin

However, limiting the merger to 3 of any pet means I'm apparently losing 12 whelplings.

This is what confuses me. Today, you log onto one of those characters, and you have access to one of each whelp on that character. On Tuesday, you log onto any of those same characters, and now they each have access to three whelps of each color. What's being lost?

I camped the majority of the whelplings I have. Now multiply that by 4 colors of whelplings. Now add to that the time to get the rare raptors for the hatchlings (back before they added the nests), &ct., &ct.

Basically, what I'm losing is all the time I spent acquiring these items in the game.

Now keep in mind that every new character you create will instantly have a whole menagerie of pets in their pet tab, no camping time required to access them. Your new level 1 Monk will be able to break out a whelp of any color, right out of the gate, without having to spend a moment of playtime camping for them. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.
Edited by Sardis on 8/26/2012 6:55 PM PDT
85 Worgen Death Knight
This is what confuses me. Today, you log onto one of those characters, and you have access to one of each whelp on that character. On Tuesday, you log onto any of those same characters, and now they each have access to three whelps of each color. What's being lost?

You have three whelps across your battle.net account period. Not 12 whelps on 12 different characters anymore.

The concern is whelps have a low drop rate. If I farmed 12 separate whelps for 12 alts, I don't want to log on and find out I now have only 3 whelps. I want all 12 of them, even if my pet tab is clogged for a month.

Now keep in mind that every new character you create will instantly have a whole menagerie of pets in their pet tab, no camping time required to access them. Your new level 1 Monk will be able to break out a whelp of any color, right out of the gate, without having to spend a moment of playtime camping for them. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Again if I cage one of those pets, I will lose it on all of my characters. Lets say I have 3 whelps again. I cage one of them, now I only have two. If I log onto my Monk, I will still only have two whelps, not three.

That's where the concern is. Someone who took the time to get X amount of pets WILL be losing pets if they squash them down to three instead of keeping all the pets like Mumper said we would over in the beta forums.
Edited by Akatsuki on 8/26/2012 7:48 PM PDT
08/26/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Sardis

Think of it this way: Shortly before Blizz announces the Battlepet system, I either spend days farming enough whelps for my 10 characters on my server, or the gold buying them from the AH. I have them in my bag, ready to mail to each character, when the announcement comes out. What do I do? Wait until the system kicks in so that they all share one, or go ahead and mail them out, learning them and being able to use them before that time?

So now Blizz announces that if there are multiples that you've learned on your account, you'll get the extras back, so you can give them away, sell them, whatever. Good, I think, and I send them out to my alts, learn them, and show them off.

Now Blizz is effectively saying that out of all those extras, 7 will be deleted. Had they said this to begin with, I could have kept the 7 extras, and just learned 3. I've effectively lost 7 whelps. Whether or not I get to share them on all new characters forever after is irrelevant; had I known this change was coming, I would have held onto the extras, instead of using them.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have two accounts under my Battle.net account. One of them has a Burning Crusade Collector's Edition Key. Will my Netherwhelp pet be shared with my non-Collector's Edition account?
90 Tauren Hunter
I have spoken to 2 customer service reps and they have confirmed everything that Kaivax has been saying about people with multiple licenses.

When 5.0.4 hits, your pets will be merged across ALL of Battle.net, including multiple licenses. People who have more than one license under the same Battle.net account will share one library of pets. When 2 or more characters are logged into the game they will be able to summon any pets in the stable without limitation, but only one toon can participate in pet battles at a time. This means that you will not be able to battle each other. Also, you will only be able to complete the pet-related quest chains one time, regardless of how many licenses you have.

Because of this information, I called Blizz and asked them to move one of my licenses to a new Battle.net account. They were very accomodating and moved the license for me over the phone within minutes.

The customer service rep said that this issue was discussed in a meeting this morning and he also seemed to suggest that this was an unintended consequence of the merging of accounts and that they are discussing remedies. Maybe Blizz can come up with some kind of fix before MOP launches. If they don't, there will be a lot of people with merged accounts who will be very disappointed.

Obviously, this will only affect the small minority of players who maintain multiple licenses. But these are WOW's biggest fans! How sad that the functionality will be gimped for these most loyal players.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have spoken to 2 customer service reps and they have confirmed everything that Kaivax has been saying about people with multiple licenses.

When 5.0.4 hits, your pets will be merged across ALL of Battle.net, including multiple licenses. People who have more than one license under the same Battle.net account will share one library of pets. When 2 or more characters are logged into the game they will be able to summon any pets in the stable without limitation, but only one toon can participate in pet battles at a time. This means that you will not be able to battle each other. Also, you will only be able to complete the pet-related quest chains one time, regardless of how many licenses you have.

Because of this information, I called Blizz and asked them to move one of my licenses to a new Battle.net account. They were very accomodating and moved the license for me over the phone within minutes.

The customer service rep said that this issue was discussed in a meeting this morning and he also seemed to suggest that this was an unintended consequence of the merging of accounts and that they are discussing remedies. Maybe Blizz can come up with some kind of fix before MOP launches. If they don't, there will be a lot of people with merged accounts who will be very disappointed.

Obviously, this will only affect the small minority of players who maintain multiple licenses. But these are WOW's biggest fans! How sad that the functionality will be gimped for these most loyal players.

Anything on Collector's Edition pets being shared across accounts under the same Battle.net?
90 Human Warlock
When Patch 5.0.4 goes live in the next week, we will be implementing systems that prepare characters for the Pet Battles system that is coming with World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, and bringing account-wide non-combat pets to the game. During the patching process, non-combat pets will be migrated among your characters, with the final result being all of your non-combat pets available to all of your characters. This initial adjustment to your catalog of pets includes several changes that are worth noting.

1. There will be a limit of 500 pets, per player, that can be carried going forward.
  • Players will be allowed to go over the 500 pet cap during the 5.0.4 migration.
  • The migration will not convert more than a total of 1500 pets for a player.
  • Unique pets will be merged, so there will not be more than one unique pet on an account.

2. Pets that can only be used by characters of the other faction will be greyed out.
  • Such pets can only be summoned by characters of the proper faction.
  • Examples include: Balloons, Moonkin Hatchlings.
  • There are certain pets that will not be account-wide. Examples include: Guild Page, Guild Herald, Argent Squire, Argent Gruntling.

3. Players should not see more than one of any unique pets. Examles include: Lil' KT, Murky, and Frosty.

4. All standard pets will be merged, with a limit of three per type. Players who currently have more than three of the same pet across their characters will see a total of three after the migration. Examples of standard pets: Orange Tabby Cat, Brown Prairie Dog, Crimson Whelpling.

Wish they could do this "Give every toon access to these items" with my Heirlooms.
10 Human Mage
If we delete all of our characters, do we still keep the pets we got?

Or are the pets only shared account wide if live characters have them?
Edited by Eustacia on 8/26/2012 9:15 PM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
08/26/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Eustacia
If we delete all of our characters, do we still keep the pets we got?

Probably. The account-wide system is set on the account end and not the individual character. :)
This is likely to only apply if characters are deleted after Patch 5.0.4 though.
Edited by Novalas on 8/26/2012 9:17 PM PDT
90 Tauren Hunter
08/26/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Draculias
Anything on Collector's Edition pets being shared across accounts under the same Battle.net?

From everything they are saying, you should have the identical pet library on all your toons. If you have multiple CE pets you might only get to keep one, but all your toons will have access to it.
I only need 1 Willy to fight >:)
90 Draenei Shaman
My only concern is I have the WoW Collectors panda on my old account that I haven't used since Argent Tourney, does the account have to be active to share the pets with my current in use account?
Edited by Faylinn on 8/26/2012 9:47 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]