Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

56 Undead Death Knight
08/27/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Vhelian
Honestly, I don't undersand why the heck they are letting us have multiple copies of the same pet? It makes no sense to me. You only need one of each if everything is being made account-wide. :(

Because when battling you can have 3 different pets to battle. Some people might want to battle 3 Creepy Crate in one battle. Not sure why, but some might.

Another reason is because you might have two different team at different levels and want some them to have some of the same pets.

For example you have:
Creepy Crate Dark Whelpling Feline Familiar
For your level 15 team, but also want
Creepy Crate A Jubling's Tiny Home Brown Rabbit Crate
for a level 5 team.

A third reason is some wild pets have different colourings of skins. So you can tame three different colours of bandicoons. If you wanted.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Based on what Kaivax is saying, I am frantically trying to get one of my licenses moved to a separate battle.net account before the patch hits.

The whole point of having multiple licenses is so that we can play together. If we can't battle each other with our pets, it defeats the purpose.

Blizz might want to take a moment and think about how they are going to fix this when all of their best customers (the people who maintain multiple licenses) realize that they can't use this function. What happens when an account that has been merged wants to separate into 2 battle.net accounts? Because there are going to be a TON of people who will ask for this. If I can't get my accounts separated before the patch, I will be among them.

The really annoying thing is that I actually dont WANT a separate battle.net account. It has been really convenient and useful to have it all under one umbrella: one authenticator, sharing heirlooms. But I feel like I have to separate the accounts so I can play pet battles with my family.

I have a bad feeling about this transition. There are going to be a lot of unprepared, unhappy people on Tuesday.
Agreed. It's also unacceptable.

If someone pays for 2 licenses, then they should be able to use all of the functions of each license. That includes 1 license battling another.

Okay, re numbers of pets, it's not that hard. Here's a screenshot of the pet battle screen from beta that shows what the blue was talking about re the "types" of pets:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v623/Bethgael/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_082812_183601.jpg

You don't get 3 of each CAT. You get 3 of each TYPE of cat, ie., 3 bombays, 3 black tabbies, etc. The reason to have more than 1 is for the battle system--you can see I have 1 black panther at level 3 and another at level 1.

Ok I'm confused here on the pet thing. Which pets exactly are horde/alliance specific ? FOR EXAMPLE : If I have a white kitten on my horde toon & a black tabby on my alliance toon am I going to lose those ? The same question for pets that only horde/alliance they will now be only on the faction that can buy them ?
Both horde and alliance can currently "use" a white kitten, so, yes, you'll have all your kittehs.

What they mean by "faction specific" are ones such as the buyable moonkin (which have a different type according to whether they're horde or ally--horde gets one that looks like a horde druid, brown, while alliance get one that is grey-blue), the alliance/horde balloon, etc.

If you have horde & ally chars who both have a moonkin/balloon etc, you'll see the horde moonkin on your ally char but will only be able to use the alliance version, and vice versa.

Pets that are bought from the other faction but still useable by yours will still be useable in Mists.

As you can see on my picture, I have 3 black tabbies, all useable by the Alliance toon the screenie was taken in (this one, in fact, ported and renamed :-D)
Edited by Bethiah on 8/28/2012 1:52 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
Edited into previous post, sorry for the double.
Edited by Bethiah on 8/28/2012 1:49 AM PDT
86 Tauren Warrior
Does this mean, after the patch, if I get a mount/pet, will it be available on all characters? Cause I'm getting the RaF mount... tomorrow... and I want it on all characters.. :C
85 Draenei Hunter
08/24/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Nyssa
It means you will not have 3 Lil' KTs in your pet tab, only 1 but it is account-wide. This is so people don't cage it and sell him on the AH bypassing the Blizzard Petstore.

Ahh, I finally get it! I'll have a maximum of THREE duplicates on EACH CHARACTER, because they're sellable. I can sell two of those three.

Thank you for the clarification. :)
90 Draenei Shaman
08/28/2012 02:05 AMPosted by Lortah
Does this mean, after the patch, if I get a mount/pet, will it be available on all characters? Cause I'm getting the RaF mount... tomorrow... and I want it on all characters.. :C

Yes. Most mounts & pets will be account-wide & available for use on all your characters.
RAF mounts are currently intended to be account-wide so it should be available for use. :)
86 Tauren Warrior
08/28/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Novalas

Yes. Most mounts & pets will be account-wide & available for use on all your characters.
RAF mounts are currently intended to be account-wide so it should be available for use. :)

Yay! :D. Thanks for the clarification! :3
60 Tauren Death Knight
hmm ... pet battles really ? wow is turning into a pokemon game I see they are now catering to the 7-10 year olds and forgetting about the mature players looks like they really went downhill with this one . Looks like after playing for years I will be dropping this game altogether
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm confused. I bought some pets from the Blizzard Store. Does this mean they are no longer account wide and some of them will go away because I can only have one?
90 Troll Warrior
there the same moonkin but one looks bluish gray (alliance) and red black (horde)
90 Blood Elf Mage
Another question: During the Noble Garden Event, I amassed about 15 Spring Rabbits and put the in the guild bank to sell in the AH at a later date....are they going away? Did I just get guild bank robbed?
90 Tauren Hunter
all these people nerd raging about losing pets. if you read the forum post its says pet battle system. has nothing to do with the pets you have except some you can't battle with. you will not lose pets in any way. everyone just stop freaking out and read carefully
76 Human Mage
DUH? I'm lost
22 Worgen Rogue
You're not alone.
If I wanted to play Pokemon, I'd play Pokemon.
I was amazed to see Leggo-like WoW toys at Target the other day.
You can't aim first at adolescents and young adults and then switch to young children several years in. The content of the game is largely inappropriate for little kids. Maybe they are also thinking about using "Joe-Camel" as a mascot, lol!

If Blizzard thinks they can salvage this dying game by aiming at a younger audience, they are very much mistaken IMO.
My wife already canceled her account and I guarantee that I will -not- be getting WoW accounts for any of my kids. Sadly I will probably drop the game too as soon as my Tyreal's Charger commitment is complete.
It's too bad, I really liked WoW.

Seems to me that Blizz has just accelerated its own demise with MoP.
Your mileage may vary.
76 Human Mage
Then quit wont miss one more person who had to gripe everytime somthing changes.
90 Gnome Warrior
08/27/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Caeland
Interesting point. And I thought I was pet crazy. xD I just happened to focus all my collecting on only 1 toon.

I do focus my collecting on 1 toon. Tigg has 207 out of 209 possible pets.

OTOH, there's only a few of my 17 other toons that don't exceed 100 pets.

Something that may help. I don't recall the exact words, but there was mention about allowing 1500 pets for a short while.

Go read my other posts in this thread where I explain. After merging the uniques, I still have around 1700 pets. That means Blizz is deleting a minimum of 200 of my pets.

The first post also indicated that the x3 limiter will be enforced, which directly contradicts the recent post by Mumper. That means that 1700 drops to under 500, in other words, Blizzard will be deleting more than 1200 of my pets.

I guess it's kinda moot complaining now since I'm waiting for the game files to be reconfigured and the patch to be applied. It doesn't make me any less ticked off at Blizzard.
89 Worgen Hunter

I LADIES AND GENTLEMAN AM UP TO 169 VANITY PETS I AM THE NEW POKEMON GOD BUWAHAHHA
90 Gnome Warlock
Who the hell spends the time collecting 500 pets? I can't even make it past 65
90 Human Priest
I'm only worried about gettin the right spec for holy raid heals. forget all the pets and stuff I only need one mount or two depending upon if you can mount it in BG or Raid dungeons.
90 Gnome Warrior
08/28/2012 02:08 AMPosted by Califree
Ahh, I finally get it! I'll have a maximum of THREE duplicates on EACH CHARACTER,

No.

Think of it like the guild bank. One storage place accessible by multiple peeps.

If you put a stack of ore in the guild bank, and your guildmate removes it, you no longer see that ore in the bank. The difference is that only you get to see/access the contents of this pet bank.

For pets, let's use the example of the Bombay cat that you can buy in Elwynn forest. Let's say that you have 7 characters and you like the Bombay, so each of the 7 characters has a Bombay cat.

The patch is putting all pets in the journal (or pet bank if you like). The journal is accessible by all your characters. According to the first post, the patch has a temporary maximum of 1500 pets and x3 of any particular pet. This means that your pet journal will have 3 Bombay cats in it. These 3 are accessible by any of your 7 characters.

Now, if Character 3 takes a Bombay out of the pet journal and sells it, there are only 2 left in the journal. Which means all of your 7 characters only see 2 Bombay cats in the journal. If character 5 goes and buys a Bombay and puts it in the journal, all 7 of your characters will now see 3 Bombay cats in the journal again.

08/28/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Ekkolab
all these people nerd raging about losing pets. if you read the forum post its says pet battle system. has nothing to do with the pets you have except some you can't battle with. you will not lose pets in any way. everyone just stop freaking out and read carefully

I suggest you go back and re-read the first post, then read my posts on the subject. I explain the matter very clearly.

I very much am losing either 200 or 1200+ of my pets due to this patch, I just have to get into the game to find out which is the case.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]