Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

100 Tauren Hunter
08/24/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Jessie
4. All standard pets will be merged, with a limit of three per type. Players who currently have more than three of the same pet across their characters will see a total of three after the migration. Examples of standard pets: Orange Tabby Cat, Brown Prairie Dog, Crimson Whelpling.

I am confused about this.

So if I have 4 cats, I will only have 3 after patch?

I u have say orange Tabby cat on 8 toons when this merges u will only see 3 of the 8 orange Tabby cats
85 Night Elf Priest
Pets that can only be used by characters of the other faction will be greyed out. Such pets can only be summoned by characters of the proper faction.

During my quest for Littlest Pet Shop acheivement, I collected the Horde reward pets from Argent Tournement Grounds. Some of them were bought at onsiderable expense. Does this mean that I no longer get to bring out my Durotar Scorpion or my (favorite) Sweeping Broom?

Where do these "500 pets" come frrom?? I struggled to accumulate 150!!
100 Draenei Mage
I like to collect the companion pets, even horde.. as alliance so what you are saying is that as alliance I wont be able to use that pet. Why.. If I buy it or get it should be able to bring it out when I want. And please clarify the number of pets an account may have.
100 Tauren Druid
How does this work? What about those folks working toward a pet achievement, if the pets are merged that would change the totals.
Edited by Elene on 8/28/2012 12:19 PM PDT
85 Troll Hunter
So if you can place all my vanity pets into one super massive bank usable by any of my characters anywhere why can I not send my BoA items to a character on another sever as well?
100 Tauren Druid
^Chablis: "During my quest for Littlest Pet Shop acheivement, I collected the Horde reward pets from Argent Tournement Grounds. Some of them were bought at onsiderable expense. Does this mean that I no longer get to bring out my Durotar Scorpion or my (favorite) Sweeping Broom?Where do these "500 pets" come frrom?? I struggled to accumulate 150!!"

to Chablis: right with you here. I am at 126 or so, and struggling to get to 150... now wondering how many I'll have when we get into the game!

And I likewise hope I get to keep the 2 alliance Argent Tourney pets I bought off the AH.

I guess any pets in the bank that are not "used' yet.. (say if we put a Jingling Bell in the bank) will still be in the bank?
Does anyone else dislike the idea of pets fighting? lol
90 Undead Mage
Does this mean the new gryphon hatchling I just bought will not be usable? Not sure if it is faction-bound.
85 Draenei Warrior
i think this shall be fun
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Do trading card game pets go account wide? I have 2 spectral kittens I would like all my toons to have.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hey when i log into wow, no realms are showing up o.o why is this?
100 Gnome Warrior
08/28/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Chablis
During my quest for Littlest Pet Shop acheivement, I collected the Horde reward pets from Argent Tournement Grounds. Some of them were bought at onsiderable expense. Does this mean that I no longer get to bring out my Durotar Scorpion or my (favorite) Sweeping Broom?

I really wish peeps would read the thread...

The only faction specific pets are:
Moonkin Hatchling
Guild Page
Guild Herald
Argent Squire/Argent Gruntling
Horde/Alliance Balloon

Those each have a version for their faction.

Where do these "500 pets" come frrom?? I struggled to accumulate 150!!

You can have up to 3x of any particular pet. This means that if you like the Bombay cat, you can go to Ellwynn forest and buy more to have 3 in your pet journal. There are also the load of new pets being added with MoP, so between those two things, you could easily reach 500 pets.

OTOH, the pet achievements are going to be for unique pets. This means your 3 Bombay cats only count as 1 in regards to your achievement totals.
90 Troll Rogue
In the news notes they are stating that realms will be up at 1 pm PDT.

I just hope my Ethereal Kitty makes it through the mess. lol
100 Gnome Warrior
08/28/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Taeria
Do trading card game pets go account wide? I have 2 spectral kittens I would like all my toons to have.

Yes, that was covered in a blue post in the Beta forums. I had concerns about that as well. Not only will they be account wide, the pets aren't considered unique, so you'll have 2 spectral kittens in your journal when you log in.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Apparently, the servers are still down... Blizzard lies a lot when it comes to when the servers go back up... a LOT... sometimes you can get in up to an hour or more earlier than they said, and sometimes (like today), you're SOL for freaking forever. *goes off and reads a book*
90 Blood Elf Mage
*comes back* ofc, technically, they do say things like "we expect" and "approximately", so it prolly doesn't count as lying, but after all these years you'd think they would know how to estimate how long these things would take. Ah well... *goes back to book (Friday, by Robert Heinlein, if anybody's interested)*
90 Blood Elf Mage
*comes back* On a topic-related note, I'm excited about the account-wide mounts! Can't wait for this mage to have access to all my other toons' mounts! Kodo, Chocobo-- err... Hawkstriders, skeletal horses! *squeeeeee!* Hey, I wonder if the Warlock class mounts will count? lol I'd make a paladin just for their mount too! oh, and ofc the DK's mount!
85 Undead Warlock
Hey, I wonder if the Warlock class mounts will count? lol I'd make a paladin just for their mount too! oh, and ofc the DK's mount!

Class and faction specific mounts do not count. You won't find a gryphon nor a Dreadsteed for your Orc DK. :)
85 Undead Warlock
Here's a thought. I have 2 characters with an Albino Drake. They'll all have one now?
90 Troll Rogue
The new time is 2 pm PDT. I rather them take longer than have it buggy.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]