Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

100 Night Elf Rogue
3. Players should not see more than one of any unique pets. Examles include: Lil' KT, Murky, and Frosty.

4. All standard pets will be merged, with a limit of three per type. Players who currently have more than three of the same pet across their characters will see a total of three after the migration. Examples of standard pets: Orange Tabby Cat, Brown Prairie Dog, Crimson Whelpling.

Kaivax, I greatly appreciate that you all trying to clarify things for us. Forgive me but huh? I have a merged battle.net acct. Of that merge 1 acct has the Lil' KT, all accts have Murky, many Horde toons on all accts have the alliance cats. So would I be correct in understanding that Lil' KT will not go acct wide at all, and Murky will no longer be on all accts, and all my Horde toons will lose their cats (since there are no easily accessible cats via vendors on the Horde side)?

I'm really confused. Please give further clarification on this. Thanks.

It means you will not have 3 Lil' KTs in your pet tab, only 1 but it is account-wide. This is so people don't cage it and sell him on the AH bypassing the Blizzard Petstore.
100 Human Mage
08/24/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Eyllen
I have three wow accounts under one battle.net account...does that mean I get all my mounts for each account on any one of the three?

08/24/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Gàrth
are there any guidelines about mounts?

There are guildlines in place atm. From the top of my head PvP mounts and RaF mounts are account wide. There are more I think but I cant't remember them all.

EDIT just found this from Mumper:

We have been discussing this issue the last couple of days and we made the call to make the following mounts account-wide:

Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
Grand Expedition Yak
Mechano-Hog
Mekgineer's Chopper
Sandstone Drake
Grand Ice Mammoth
Ice Mammoth
Jeweled Onyx Panther (all color variants)
Cloud Serpents (all color variants)

At this point, the only mounts that are not account-wide are either class specific or rewarded from PVP. We feel like both these types of mounts should still be character specific.

Thanks for your feedback on this issue!

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5633973536?page=15#new-post
Edited by Kamoria on 8/24/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Hmm. Alright. I want my sandstone drake on my undead >.>
90 Tauren Druid
08/24/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Kaivax
4. All standard pets will be merged, with a limit of three per type. Players who currently have more than three of the same pet across their characters will see a total of three after the migration. Examples of standard pets: Orange Tabby Cat, Brown Prairie Dog, Crimson Whelpling.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6307802778#2 Mumper said:
Pets will still be merged on MoP launch, but instead of placing them in your bags or mail they will be placed directly in your pet journal. You will be allowed to have more than 500 and 3x per pet during this process. Any pets that are flagged as unique will be merged into one and also placed in your journal. (Unique pets are from Achievements, Pet Store, Promotions and Guild) You will be able to cage any pets that are tradeable and you can release anything that you have more than one of.

A few examples:
  • A B.net account has a total of 6 Wolvar Pups across all of it's characters. On merge the B.net account would have 6 Wolvar Pups. This would be the only time an account is allowed to have more than 3x of a single pet.

• Could someone reconcile these statements for us, please?
    Edited by Heavycream on 8/24/2012 7:52 PM PDT
    90 Gnome Warlock
    08/24/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Kaivax
    There are certain pets that will not be account-wide. Examples include: Guild Page, Guild Herald, Argent Squire, Argent Gruntling.

You couldn't have told me sooner, not to waste the 40 days of farming I did for the Argent Squire and pony unlock. Thanks.. -.-

I feel it should still be account wide, considering if you went through all the effort to unlock it and equip it with the pony that yes you should have it on all characters. it's unrealistic to think that someone should farm this for all their alts
    100 Human Priest
    08/24/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Heavycream

Pets will still be merged on MoP launch, but instead of placing them in your bags or mail they will be placed directly in your pet journal. You will be allowed to have more than 500 and 3x per pet during this process. Any pets that are flagged as unique will be merged into one and also placed in your journal. (Unique pets are from Achievements, Pet Store, Promotions and Guild) You will be able to cage any pets that are tradeable and you can release anything that you have more than one of.

A few examples:
  • A B.net account has a total of 6 Wolvar Pups across all of it's characters. On merge the B.net account would have 6 Wolvar Pups. This would be the only time an account is allowed to have more than 3x of a single pet.

Yes. Please, needs more information/detail.
    71 Undead Death Knight

Kaivax, I greatly appreciate that you all trying to clarify things for us. Forgive me but huh? I have a merged battle.net acct. Of that merge 1 acct has the Lil' KT, all accts have Murky, many Horde toons on all accts have the alliance cats. So would I be correct in understanding that Lil' KT will not go acct wide at all, and Murky will no longer be on all accts, and all my Horde toons will lose their cats (since there are no easily accessible cats via vendors on the Horde side)?

I'm really confused. Please give further clarification on this. Thanks.

Lil'KT and Murky are account wide, but you only get one. Pets like the cats will be limited to a maximum of 3.

Okay, maybe I'm just too tired and I beg your indulgence if I seem really dense But...

When you say 'get only one'... what does that mean? Only one toon on one of the accts, chosen by Blizz gets those pets? If only one toon on one acct of the merge gets it, how will they choose? Will it be the oldest toon on the acct? The most active? What?

By the same token, there are what, 7 versions of the cats, so by random selection they will choose 3 of the 7 types available ( I believe there are 5 from the vendor, plus the white kitten, plus the now extremely rare black cat that drops in Silverpine, never mind the holiday black cat that flies on a broom) that we will be allowed to have? What if they choose the ones we aren't that keen on? I have certain cats I'm more fond of than others.

Like I said, sorry if I seem dense but I'm just not getting how selections will be made, why, etc.
    90 Draenei Shaman
    08/24/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Gàrth
    are there any guidelines about mounts?

I've compiled an FAQ on Account-wide mounts that should answer all your questions. :)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6368188111

The only mounts that are not account-wide seem to be :

-Class specific mounts.
    -Arena/RBG mounts.
    -Challenge mode mounts (not released yet).

Faction-specific mounts also remain faction-specific and do not convert to their faction equivalent.
    100 Human Mage
    08/24/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Heavycream

A few examples:

Basically stating that if you have "x" amount of "y" pet then it gets capped at 3 total. Only exception are pets like Lil'KT and Murkablo, etc. Pet get put into the new Pet Journal when you get them and it stores your pets past 500.
    100 Human Mage

Lil'KT and Murky are account wide, but you only get one. Pets like the cats will be limited to a maximum of 3.

Okay, maybe I'm just too tired and I beg your indulgence if I seem really dense But...

When you say 'get only one'... what does that mean? Only one toon on one of the accts, chosen by Blizz gets those pets? If only one toon on one acct of the merge gets it, how will they choose? Will it be the oldest toon on the acct? The most active? What?

By the same token, there are what, 7 versions of the cats, so by random selection they will choose 3 of the 7 types available ( I believe there are 5 from the vendor, plus the white kitten, plus the now extremely rare black cat that drops in Silverpine, never mind the holiday black cat that flies on a broom) that we will be allowed to have? What if they choose the ones we aren't that keen on? I have certain cats I'm more fond of than others.

Like I said, sorry if I seem dense but I'm just not getting how selections will be made, why, etc.

No its one of those pets per account and you get 3 of the same cat types per account as well, meaning 3 Orange tabby, 3 White Kitten etc.
    Edited by Kamoria on 8/24/2012 7:55 PM PDT
    90 Tauren Druid
    Are there actually 3 classes of pets then?

Some pets collapse to 1 pet -> e.g. collectors edition pets
    Some pets collapse to a max of 3 pets -> the 'standard' cats listed
    Some pets don't collapse at all... 'the 6 Wolvar pups'

I'm just wondering if I need to carefully cage pets one character at a time next week to not lose them.
    Edited by Heavycream on 8/24/2012 8:00 PM PDT
    100 Night Elf Rogue

All your caharcters will have the same pet tab in their spellbooks, and same mount tab. Like a comunnity thing that all your characters can access.

You will get up to 3 of EACH pet from across all your characters. Char A, B & C have a Black Tabby. There will be 3 Black Tabby in your pet tab. Each color is a different pet, in tha case of the tabbies, Silver, Orange, Bombay, Black, etc... are all different so you will have up to 3 of each. They're all cats but have different names so count as different pets.
    100 Night Elf Rogue
    08/24/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Rìghteous
    Doesn't say color, it specifically says type.

Could be poor wording on blue's part unless they have change something in the last week =/

EDIT
    Going with poor wording:

"Players who currently have more than three of the SAME PET across thier characters will see a total of three after the migration." Same pet not type.
    Edited by Nyssa on 8/24/2012 8:07 PM PDT
    100 Human Warrior
    08/24/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Rìghteous

This section is a little vague.
    Are you saying we will LOSE pets account-wide if we have more than three of the same type?

Example
    There are 8 Cat Carriers

Cat Carrier (Calico Cat)
    Cat Carrier (Bombay)
    Cat Carrier (Cornish Rex)
    Cat Carrier (Orange Tabby)
    Cat Carrier (Silver Tabby)
    Cat Carrier (White Kitten)
    Cat Carrier (Siamese)
    Cat Carrier (Black Tabby)

If we can only have 3 of this type, who decides which pets get removed?

Each color is a different pet so you can have 3 Azure, 3 Crimson, 3 Dark, and 3 Emerald

Doesn't say color, it specifically says type.

It's probably safe to say, that his specific use of 'orange tabby cat', instead of 'cat carrier', means each color is considered separate from each other, meaning only Cat Carrier (Orange Tabby) will be merged with other Cat Carrier (Orange Tabby), rather than merging every Cat Carrier.
    71 Undead Death Knight
    08/24/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Nyssa
    It means you will not have 3 Lil' KTs in your pet tab, only 1 but it is account-wide. This is so people don't cage it and sell him on the AH bypassing the Blizzard Petstore.

I suppose I get this but I wouldn't expect there to be multiple KT's or Murkies on the pet tab per toon that would be a waste of space and bad planning.

Just curious, since you brought it up... how could they take a pet off their their pet tab, cage it, and sell it? That sounds really odd to me.
    80 Blood Elf Hunter
    How will this work cross realm?

If I understand correctly, someone could buy a rare pet on their home server, learn it, log onto another server then cage and sell it?

Isn't that essentially sending gold cross server?

Wasn't the Haunted Mementos ability to be thrown from player to player removed to prevent this?
    Edited by Kiingeh on 8/24/2012 8:11 PM PDT
    100 Night Elf Rogue
    Just curious, since you brought it up... how could they take a pet off their their pet tab, cage it, and sell it? That sounds really odd to me.

It's part of the Pet Battles comming in MoP. Check out the Pet Battles forums under the MoP Beta forums.
    85 Draenei Paladin
    Don't you touch lmy Azure Whelping off Mistralia. :(
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]