Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

90 Dwarf Paladin
Hai Guise my names Blizzard Entertainment and i certainly do enjoy telling you there is a system update and that it will end around 11 then telling you it's extended for 2 hours then when that two hours is up i extend it again.. and again... and again...
100 Gnome Warrior
08/28/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Rayel
This is confusing.

Not really.

1.) Do the pets obtained via World Events (i.e. Children's Week pets), get shared from my main to all my other characters who have not gotten them? Or are they under the "unique" classification?

Unique just means that you can't have more than one in the journal. You'll have all your holiday and achievement pets available to you.

2.) How does this whole account-sharing thing work with pets I automatically get in the mail every time I create a new character?

Imagine, if you will, something like the guild bank, but that bank is only accessible to your characters on a particular battle.net login. It doesn't matter what server your characters are on, or even if they're on separate wow licenses as long as they're under a single battle.net account. Now imagine that this bank only holds minipets. Now imagine that this bank that is accessible to all your characters has 500 slots.

Get the idea?

Any new character you create will have access to that bank.

3.) How does this affect the achievements for collecting vanity pets?

The only effect is that you can collect pets on any character to work on the achievement.

I should note that while you can have 3 of a particular pet (for example, the Bombay cat), achievements will only count that as 1 for purposes of the achievement.

Pets awarded from achievements will automagically appear in the journal. To the confusion of some players who expected to receive them in the mail like we had previously.

4.) Lastly, only getting 3 of the same pet?

Some peeps really like certain pets. For example, my journal will have 3 each Crimson Whelpling, Emerald Whelpling, Azure Whelpling and Dark whelpling.

If I really wanted to, my pet battle team could be matching whelplings.
90 Tauren Paladin
Will the mounts be on all my toons but not available for use until i hae the riding skills for them.
86 Blood Elf Paladin
ok not to be stupid but if u had 10 tabby cats lets say then why would u want to keep three tabby cats... why isnt blizz just making u go from 10 tabby cats on different toons to only have one tabby cat in ur journal that is on all ur toons.... just dont get why i would want three tabby cats on all my toons >.<
90 Human Mage
Yeah, I am clearly missing something from not playing any of the beta or ptr. Not sure why anyone would need 3 of the same pet. This must have something to do with the pet battle stuff coming out with mist.
100 Gnome Warrior
ok not to be stupid but if u had 10 tabby cats lets say then why would u want to keep three tabby cats... why isnt blizz just making u go from 10 tabby cats on different toons to only have one tabby cat in ur journal that is on all ur toons.... just dont get why i would want three tabby cats on all my toons >.<

Maybe you like tabby cats and want to battle as Team Tabby? It wouldn't be a good team, but you can do it.

Similarly, why they're not just merging them down all to a single pet right off is so you have the option of taking them out and selling them if you want. They're (thankfully) not leaving you with nothing.
90 Tauren Druid
08/28/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Steady
Yeah, I am clearly missing something from not playing any of the beta or ptr. Not sure why anyone would need 3 of the same pet. This must have something to do with the pet battle stuff coming out with mist.

It has something to do with the pet variations I think. Like, there's special versions of normal pets.
57 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/24/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Kaivax
1. There will be a limit of 500 pets, per player, that can be carried going forward.

For some reason, the hunter in me wondered if they were implementing some sort of account-wide kennel for pets (like the stable for hunter pets).

(Which would be nice, because it would solve the dilemma and ease the anxiety of players who won't be able to log into more than three characters out of fear for losing their pets. But I doubt that is the case here.)
90 Tauren Paladin
Lol It keeps saying that for me and im on eastern time so i have to wait longer
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think what's confusing most people is that before pet battles come out, there is no reason to have more than one of a pet ever. So the 3 copies thing makes no sense. But when pet battles come out, apparently you'll be able to make teams of 3, and on those teams you'll be able to use more than one of a type of pet. So the 3 copies thing is for pet battle purposes. Because there will be no more than 3 pets per team, there will be no reason to have more than 3 copies of a pet.
100 Gnome Warrior
08/28/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Steady

I'd imagine that it's more to do with quality of captured pets. Higher quality means slightly better stats. So if you catch a pet of a type you need to win some fights and start leveling it, but it's common (for example) you may want to keep on catching pets of that kind in order to get an uncommon or rare of that kind. But if you'd then need to go back and level up that uncommon (or rare), so you can do that and keep using the higher level common one for higher level fights to keep going with progression.
Edited by Tiggindy on 8/28/2012 2:40 PM PDT
90 Human Mage
interestingly i can log onto the mobile armory with my iphone and it shows that my achievement points on my main actually went DOWN (from 12725 last night to 12635). Who really knows what is goin on anymore :P
90 Tauren Paladin
Lol i think everyone is going to have to get use to the new changes all week

08/28/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Steady
interestingly i can log onto the mobile armory with my iphone and it shows that my achievement points on my main actually went DOWN (from 12725 last night to 12635). Who really knows what is goin on anymore :P
85 Night Elf Mage
will all player be able to use spirt beast
90 Human Hunter
yes do tell please beause i have spent alooooottt of gold on them....
90 Tauren Paladin
Are the servers still down
85 Blood Elf Paladin
what about the mounts?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think mounts will be simpler because there won't be mount battles with teams of 3, but good question.
50 Blood Elf Mage
Two bits of information that might be helpful. Try WarcraftPets. com for information.
Also if you pull your character profile on the armory you can see your pets and sort them by type. This will let you see which ones will be unique per account.
I have more than 1300 pets on my 85's. My most per character is 171. There will be between 500 and 1100 when things settle.
How to cut down the numbers to get the new ones? No idea.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
this is so cool, im stoked! finally :D thank you blizzard ♥
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]