Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

100 Gnome Warrior
08/28/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Morduzâd
I am currently ingame and my achievements, mounts and pets are not sharing across my different toons why ?

Have you logged in each toon in turn?

Also, horde mounts don't show up for alliance toons and vice versa.
100 Gnome Warrior
08/28/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Tya
Spirit of Competition is not account wide it seems. :(

I can see it, and summon it, on my goblin. Who was certainly not around for the Olympics 4 years ago.

08/28/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Pipz
I had this on my druid but it seems that it is just gone from all my characters now :(

Have you logged in your druid?

If only one character has it, then it won't show up in the journal until you log in that character.
88 Orc Shaman
War
I do not have any cross faction toons these are all horde toons and they are just the same as they were yesterday i have one toon with 1129 achievement points and i have another with 7237 achievement points and i cant believe that they all cannot transfer also on the toon with 7237 achievement points i also have 72 mounts not one of them transfered with any other toons that I have
85 Troll Hunter
Question.. So my all my horde toons received the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, but my Alliance on a different Realm did not, even though they got other mounts from my horde toons. So my question is, if I xfer my toon that did not originally have the Mammoth mount but has it now, to the other realm and change factions, will he have the mount once the xfer and faction change is completed?
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Is there a time frame for when we have to cut our pets down to 500, and just 3 of any one pet type? Will it be after we can cage the pets, or will our only option be to release any excess? I haven't logged on to all my toons yet because I'm worried about merging all my pets, then having to decide which ones to release beyond the 500 limit. With more than 25 toons, all of which had 50 to 100 pets, it is going to be a headache to decide which to keep anyway.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Ummm, i have 1137 pets, and can't learn anymore, does this mean I will have to release down to 500 inorder to learn the lucky quilen Cub?
90 Human Death Knight
I think this was asked already, but i have not seen an answer.

I have 3 accounts attached to one Bnet account. One of the three is an EU account, the other two are US accounts.

Will the pets, titles, mounts etc be shared from the EU to the US and vice versa?
100 Orc Rogue
08/28/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Maxamus
Ummm, i have 1137 pets, and can't learn anymore, does this mean I will have to release down to 500 inorder to learn the lucky quilen Cub?

yes, pets are capped at 500. you cant learn any more once you reach that.

the migration can/will go above that so that people dont lose pets, but obviously it means they will be over the cap.

youll have to cage or dismiss some pets until you get under 500, then you can learn a new one
100 Gnome Warrior
08/28/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Morduzâd
I do not have any cross faction toons these are all horde toons and they are just the same as they were yesterday i have one toon with 1129 achievement points and i have another with 7237 achievement points and i cant believe that they all cannot transfer also on the toon with 7237 achievement points i also have 72 mounts not one of them transfered with any other toons that I have

Have you logged in all your other toons?

My level 20 goblin has 9300 achievement points right now, and access to 68 mounts. Most of which I can't use because I can't fly. :p

08/28/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Gigglesnort
Question.. So my all my horde toons received the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, but my Alliance on a different Realm did not

There's a horde version and an alliance version of the traveller's tundra mammoth.

Not sure how changing faction will work, but I expect that you won't get the alliance version since it's not tied to a specific character.

08/28/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Jotan
Is there a time frame for when we have to cut our pets down to 500, and just 3 of any one pet type?

They haven't stated one.

Will it be after we can cage the pets, or will our only option be to release any excess?

They have said we have to wait for MoP release to cage pets, and Kaivax cautioned peeps not to release stuff now that you can cage later for high value. So our extras will be safe for that long at least.

I haven't logged on to all my toons yet because I'm worried about merging all my pets, then having to decide which ones to release beyond the 500 limit. With more than 25 toons, all of which had 50 to 100 pets, it is going to be a headache to decide which to keep anyway.

Yeah, it's annoying. I just finished releasing all the cheap/common vendor pets and all the multiples of pets that are listed as non-tradeable. I'm down to 952 pets.

08/28/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Maxamus

Yes.

The same way archeologists had to get down below 200 fragments when they put in the fragment cap. They didn't take away the stuff past 200, but you couldn't get more til you went below.

08/28/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Arkayenro
youll have to cage or dismiss some pets until you get under 500, then you can learn a new one

You can't cage until after MoP release.

My suggestion, if you want to clear the journal is get rid of multiples of cheap/common vendor pets and any pet listed as non-tradeable since you won't be able to cage extras of those anyway.

Hang onto anything/everything else for post MoP release and put it on the AH.
Edited by Tiggindy on 8/28/2012 5:47 PM PDT
90 Troll Druid
I think this was asked already, but i have not seen an answer.

I have 3 accounts attached to one Bnet account. One of the three is an EU account, the other two are US accounts.

Will the pets, titles, mounts etc be shared from the EU to the US and vice versa?

According to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yyK-GGvnbQ&feature=youtu.be

They're only shared with other accounts from the same region.

I'm actually really disappointed by this, because I've got hundreds of hours worth of achievements, with pets and mounts that are no longer attainable, but I won't get access to them because of the irritating region restriction.

No doubt they'll justify this by some spiel about how cross-region accounts aren't compatible, in the same way that cross-faction character transfers still aren't available. Honestly though, given how easily I could copy characters from both my EU and US accounts to the same servers on the PTR and get them sharing mounts and such, I think it's probably just an arbitrary restriction they've placed.
57 Tauren Druid
I upgraded 2 of my accounts to the MOP Digital Deluxe Edition to get the mount and pet. I really only needed to upgrade one since the mount and pet are showing up on all of my accounts (I have more than 2).
I wasted $20, but am glad I did not upgrade another account.
86 Human Warrior
Thanks for all your answers in this thread, Kaivax. I have one question that I'd really appreciate a response to:

Do you know if pets, mounts and (ultimately) achievements will become account-wide on licenses across different regions (on the same battle.net account)?

I moved from the UK to USA, and all my collector's edition pets are on my old EU account (in addition to a lot of mounts and achievements). I'd love to be able to use those on my new US account.

Furthermore, do I have to pay for a whole month of gametime on my inactive EU account just to be able to log onto each character for the pets/mounts to syndicate to being account-wide?
Edited by Zyde on 8/28/2012 6:45 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/28/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Tya

Darn. I was hoping that would be the one that would transfer as I have it on a toon I hardly ever use on a different account (but same Battle.net account).
85 Worgen Druid
I cannot use my Lil XT from a different license on the same BNet account.
85 Night Elf Hunter
im seeing alot on PETS what about MOUNTS?
100 Gnome Warrior
08/28/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Etreum

Darn. I was hoping that would be the one that would transfer as I have it on a toon I hardly ever use on a different account (but same Battle.net account).

It certainly is account wide.

My goblin has it available.
71 Troll Shaman
OK, so my pet journal currently holds 2028 pets. I cannot (at this time) cage any of the extras. Will I be able to do this on the same day that Mists is released whether I have gotten the expansion yet or not... or will I need the expansion to do that?

When I right click on the pets, some give both cage and release as options and some only give the release option.

I have also noticed that the agent gruntling and the argent squire are both listed in my journal for all my alts... is this intended? I thought that they would be character specific. Only one of my characters ever got a guild page and he is not there for my alts. It had been my understanding that the argent gruntling and squire would be treated the same as the guild page.

Edited because I found that I can after all, release some extras.
Edited by Mahatma on 8/28/2012 7:54 PM PDT
100 Gnome Warrior
08/28/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Mahatma
OK, so my pet journal currently holds 2028 pets.

Huh, so the upper limit of 1500 was false too...

I cannot (at this time) cage any of the extras. Will I be able to do this on the same day that Mists is released whether I have gotten the expansion yet or not... or will I need the expansion to do that?

I assume you need the expansion. Though maybe not, now that I think about it, since players can learn pets even with just a trial version. who knows?

When I right click on the pets, some give both cage and release as options and some only give the release option.

Unique pets cannot be released or caged. Pets that are nontradeable only give the option to release. Pets that are tradeable will give the option to cage or release.

I have also noticed that the agent gruntling and the argent squire are both listed in my journal for all my alts... is this intended?

I think so, but you'll only be able to summon the faction appropriate one. The same way I see both the versions of the moonkin hatchling, and can only summon the faction appropriate one.

The guild page and guild herald are character specific.

Edited because I found that I can after all, release some extras.

Yeah, I released all the extras of the common/cheap vendor pets and all the extras of pets that are nontradeable.
Edited by Tiggindy on 8/28/2012 8:08 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]