Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

63 Troll Shaman
Well, I managed to get my pet count down to 1870 pets by releasing the extras of the ones that cannot be caged.

I wasn't sure about the status of the argent gruntling and squire though, so I have not yet released any of my extras of either of those... and I have 18 characters that each have gotten one or the other (depending on the character's faction). Is it safe to release the extras of those or is it a bug that they are shared among all my alts?
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Were the pet achievements removed? I don't see any of my past achievements nor the 150 pet achievement which rewards the celestial dragon. :( I was only 10 pets away.

Edit: ROFL - NVM I found it xD
Edited by Flamingheart on 8/28/2012 9:34 PM PDT
85 Draenei Shaman
So when did it become pokemon....and y....
90 Human Mage
I spent over 10,000 gold purchasing all my toons pets and mounts !!!! Now I get to keep only 1 copy of a mount and 3 of a pet !!!! Can I get my gold back for all the mounts and pets that WOW took from me??

If I have know I could only have one copy, I would not have spent thousand of gold on mounts for all my toons.

Please, give me back the gold for the mounts and pets you took from me!
90 Tauren Paladin
r u srs?!

it's not real money and your efforts will all be in vein one day when WOW ceases to exist in your life.
90 Draenei Hunter
This is launch day for the patch and I must say that my pets list on all my characters is a mess, all my characters had the same pets acording to their levels to get, along with the blizz store pets. The blizz store pets are all just one each kind, but the standard pets are listed 8 times of each kind. except for the Moonkin hatchling it is listed twice one for each faction but one is not greyed out on either side like it should be. I can summon either hatchling from either faction which I should only be able to summon the one for that faction. I got off track for that so back to what I was saying, duplicate pets should not be listed like that, I show 1 alliance ballon and 7 horde ballons etc. share all pets but only list each type once. example: 1 alliance ballon 1 horde ballon, 1 brown rabbit, 1Tabby etc. the list of pets could be cleaned up a bit and not show duplicates of every pet.
63 Troll Shaman
08/29/2012 12:24 AMPosted by Laurianna
This is launch day for the patch and I must say that my pets list on all my characters is a mess, all my characters had the same pets acording to their levels to get, along with the blizz store pets. The blizz store pets are all just one each kind, but the standard pets are listed 8 times of each kind. except for the Moonkin hatchling it is listed twice one for each faction but one is not greyed out on either side like it should be. I can summon either hatchling from either faction which I should only be able to summon the one for that faction. I got off track for that so back to what I was saying, duplicate pets should not be listed like that, I show 1 alliance ballon and 7 horde ballons etc. share all pets but only list each type once. example: 1 alliance ballon 1 horde ballon, 1 brown rabbit, 1Tabby etc. the list of pets could be cleaned up a bit and not show duplicates of every pet.

You can release your extra pets if you want... or wait and when the expansion goes live, you'll be able to cage some to sell.

Right click on the pet in the list and you can see which you will be able to cage (can't do that now though) and which you can only release. I have been going through my own pet collection and releasing extras of the ones that are no trade. I even went ahead and released my extra Argent Gruntlings and Squires (and I really hope that it is intended that those are shared between my alts and that I haven't messed up my characters by deleting the extras).
63 Troll Shaman
  • There are certain pets that will not be account-wide. Examples include: Guild Page, Guild Herald, Argent Squire, Argent Gruntling.

• Just to clarify... my Argent Squires and Gruntlings WERE account wide. I "released" the extras. Please tell me that I did not mess up by doing that.
    Edited by Mahatma on 8/29/2012 1:39 AM PDT
    90 Human Paladin
    "I have three wow accounts under one battle.net account...does that mean I get all my mounts for each account on any one of the three?"

No, it means that for one account on the battle.net you will share the mounts. For example if you have WoW1, WoW2, and WoW3 in your battle.net account, all the pets and mounts for WoW1 will be shared by the characters in WoW1 only.
    "I have three wow accounts under one battle.net account...does that mean I get all my mounts for each account on any one of the three?"

No, it means that for one account on the battle.net you will share the mounts. For example if you have WoW1, WoW2, and WoW3 in your battle.net account, all the pets and mounts for WoW1 will be shared by the characters in WoW1 only.

Incorrect.

They all share.
    90 Human Paladin
    I spent over 10,000 gold purchasing all my toons pets and mounts !!!! Now I get to keep only 1 copy of a mount and 3 of a pet !!!! Can I get my gold back for all the mounts and pets that WOW took from me??

If I have know I could only have one copy, I would not have spent thousand of gold on mounts for all my toons.

Please, give me back the gold for the mounts and pets you took from me!

So should WoW take the gold back from you when every new toon you make has all those pets and mounts as well? You should look at it this way, the next time you spend 20k buying a mount somewhere, ALL your toons will have it, not just the one... so how much are you saving?
    90 Human Paladin
    08/24/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Kamoria
    4. All standard pets will be merged, with a limit of three per type. Players who currently have more than three of the same pet across their characters will see a total of three after the migration. Examples of standard pets: Orange Tabby Cat, Brown Prairie Dog, Crimson Whelpling.

So what if all my toons have an orange tabby Cat, let's say. Would I get like money back for purchasing said pet? Or will the money just be gone? I know they only cost little silver but still.

So I have Whelplings across all my characters: Azure, Emerald, Dark, and Crimson Whelpling; do I get to choose which one goes away or is it forced upon me? If I had to choose, it be Dark Whelpling.

I think since those are different colors you get to keep them all.

That means you will only have 3 of each one, like 3 dark whelplings, 3 brown snakes, 3 black snackes, etc. Be aware that when pet battles start, there will be different qualities to the "standard" pets; poor (name in grey), normal (white), uncommon (green), and rare (blue) are the ones I've found in beta. So if you have 3 normal rabbits, you can't catch another one, you have to release one first. If you have 1 rare, 1 uncommon, and 1 normal you have 3 and cant' catch another of that type until you release one (or cage it if that's an option).

Special pets (i.e. all those that aren't standard pets) are limited like the original post explained. Some will be capped at 3 of the type, some will be 1 some will be more.
    90 Gnome Warrior
    08/29/2012 01:39 AMPosted by Mahatma
  • There are certain pets that will not be account-wide. Examples include: Guild Page, Guild Herald, Argent Squire, Argent Gruntling.

• Just to clarify... my Argent Squires and Gruntlings WERE account wide. I "released" the extras. Please tell me that I did not mess up by doing that.

Yeah, I released the extras of my argent squires.

If that was a mistake, I better be able to get the little guy back again.
    90 Goblin Hunter
    Seems to me pets like the Starcraft pet w/ dominate the battles ... lol (not the murlok, but the mech)
    85 Goblin Priest
    So just to make sure I'm understanding this. For mounts, PvP mounts and class specific mounts aren't transferable, what about Achievment Mounts?
    For all those crying about blizzard "taking" your mounts with the combining into an account wide mount book, they aren't giving you less mounts they are giving you 50 copies of all mounts for the price of 1. Now sure if you bought 10 copies of the mount already you are only getting 4 free ones for each one you bought but that is still one hell of a deal.
    90 Human Paladin
    As long as I can keep a Westfall Chicken for each toon, I am good.
    Why are they doing it like this? They should let us keep all pets no matter if they are Alliance or Horde. No matter if you got them off the pet store or auction house or from a vendor or drop and or an achievement. They need to make the lists specificlly to that toon only like they had it before. No showing mulitpuls from your other toons. Because it seems a bit stupid to have all your toons work on the same pet and getting it lvled. I want to be able to get on the game in Mists and have my lvl 85 mage level her Feline Familar and not have my other toons help with the lvling process on that peticular pet, I mean where is the fun in that!!! I want a feeling of ACCOMPLISHMENT when I lvl my companions! I dont want help from my other toons. BLIZZARD YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!!!
    90 Troll Hunter
    DRH
    I"m a little confused, apparently like most other people. Did these changes go into effect yesterday with patch 5.0.4, or are is it coming into effect later? If it is supposed to be done, is it account wide, or apply to each server individually? For instance would the non-alliance mounts (ex. albino drake) that I earned on my 85 dwarf on Suramar show up for my horde toons on Ravencrest? I haven't seen anything yet...
    86 Human Paladin
    So, account wide mounts? Just wondering why my chopper and tundra only transferred to my alliance toons and not to my horde toons? Everything else transferred across except these 2.
    This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]