Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

93 Troll Shaman

2. Pets that can only be used by characters of the other faction will be greyed out.
  • Such pets can only be summoned by characters of the proper faction.
  • Examples include: Balloons, Moonkin Hatchlings.
  • There are certain pets that will not be account-wide. Examples include: Guild Page, Guild Herald, Argent Squire, Argent Gruntling.

Clarification quesiton? What are the criteria for "other faction" pets? You mentioned hyper-specific ones such as Balloons and the Moonkins, but what about pets only purchasable on one faction but usable by both? For example, my shaman's Bombay Cat 'Lucky' is nearly as old as my troll shaman, does this mean that Lucky won't be able to follow her around anymore, or is he exempt since he can be transferred from one faction to the other?

EDIT: Also, my mage got the slow Brewfest Ram Brewfest Ram years ago back when it was still offered, does this mean that all of my toons can ride it now?
Edited by Shadowwind on 8/24/2012 10:16 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Rogue
08/24/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Ninjet
Why would you ever want 3 of the SAME pet on your character???

Because when pet battles become available one Orange Tabby might be a different quality of another Orange Tabby, or you may find a wild pet that you can capture that you already own. And the fact that you can sell/trade non-unique pets with other players. Basically they're not just spells anymore, they're unique individual pets.

So if you bought a White Kitten on 3 different characters you'll now have 3 of them in your pet tab (which all of your toons will have access to). And you can now take one or two of them, cage them, and then sell/trade them, while still keeping the other.
42 Human Priest
OK so what happens if you have Bananas, Lil Xt, Riding turtle, all from the trading card game. So what Blizz is saying is that I have to choose one pet to keep and lose the others?
2 Night Elf Hunter
What about the fact that many of these pets have been paid for and suddenly we can on have three of each type.
Oh well money just grows on trees in Azeroth.
90 Pandaren Rogue
08/24/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Wytetygeress
OK so what happens if you have Bananas, Lil Xt, Riding turtle, all from the trading card game. So what Blizz is saying is that I have to choose one pet to keep and lose the others?

No. People have to realize that each pet will have different stats than others similar to them for pet battles. So if I have say an orange tabby cat, it may have different stats \ rarity's than your orange tabby. Thus in the pet tab, you can have more than one of the same pet.

So what he is saying is you cannot have more than one of these pets. So you can only have one bananas, even if you had 3 bananas across your account. You still get each individual pet.
Community Manager
The best suggestion I've seen here is to think of the end result of the migration as a "pet bank" into which all of the pets on all of the characters on your account are going to go.

With a very small number of exceptions, your characters then all have access to any of the pets in the "pet bank".

With exceptions, if you have two or three copies of the exact same pet somewhere in your account, you'll see all the copies in the "pet bank."
Edited by Kaivax on 8/24/2012 10:39 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock
08/24/2012 10:37 PMPosted by Kaivax
With a very small number of exceptions, your characters then all have access to any of the pets in the "pet bank".

At the same time?

Such as KC here can have her Worg Pup, & then I hop on an alt & she also still has it?

Or do we have to "deposit" pets in order to get them on another toon? o_o
Community Manager
08/24/2012 10:50 PMPosted by Killercaitie

At the same time?

Such as KC here can have her Worg Pup, & then I hop on an alt & she also still has it?

Yes. Yes.
90 Human Warlock
08/24/2012 11:04 PMPosted by Kaivax

At the same time?

Yes. Yes.

Alrighty, good to know! n_n
85 Night Elf Death Knight
You still haven't addressed what happens to pets that you haven't learned and which are pets that can currently be sold. After the "migration" will you still have all of those pets which you can sell or will those over 3 go away?

If I have 10 Sinister Squashlings in my inventory which I haven't learned, will 7 of them go away?

What if I bought 20 white kittens which I was planning on selling and I haven't learned any of them? Will 17 of them go away?

That all seems very unfair if so for pets that you purposefully didn't learn and were already holding for sale.
100 Dwarf Priest
08/24/2012 10:37 PMPosted by Kaivax
With exceptions, if you have two or three copies of the exact same pet somewhere in your account, you'll see all the copies in the "pet bank."

The concern is that copies beyond two or three will be destroyed. I'll use myself as an example.

I currently have one alt over 150 pets, eight alts over 125 pets, and one alt over 100 pets. The ten alts have many pets in common, such as the six Darkmoon Faire pets. After the merger, assuming I'm not over 1500 pets total (I shouldn't be), will my pet bank contain ten of each of the Darkmoon Faire pets, or three of each of the Darkmoon Faire pets? If the answer is anything other than "ten of each", how is this not a direct contradiction of Mumper's post on the 15th...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6307802778#2

...a post that many of us took as fact, leading us to obtain pets that will now be obliterated with the merge?
100 Tauren Paladin
By any chance will mounts go account wide at this time as well?
Why are ARGENT GRUNTLING and ARGENT SQUIRE not Account Wide?!?!!!???????

-_-'
90 Goblin Shaman
With account bound mounts does that mean that we will now get our RAF mounts on all toons?
100 Draenei Paladin
08/24/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Kaivax
There are certain pets that will not be account-wide. Examples include: Guild Page, Guild Herald, Argent Squire, Argent Gruntling.

during ptr i try to use my argent squire but i was not able to use it other than use the banner.

will this be fixed when the game goes live?
100 Worgen Death Knight
You still haven't addressed what happens to pets that you haven't learned and which are pets that can currently be sold. After the "migration" will you still have all of those pets which you can sell or will those over 3 go away?

If I have 10 Sinister Squashlings in my inventory which I haven't learned, will 7 of them go away?

What if I bought 20 white kittens which I was planning on selling and I haven't learned any of them? Will 17 of them go away?

That all seems very unfair if so for pets that you purposefully didn't learn and were already holding for sale.

unlearned pet will remain as an item in your inventory.
100 Worgen Death Knight
08/24/2012 11:48 PMPosted by Rezzul
With account bound mounts does that mean that we will now get our RAF mounts on all toons?

raf mounts are not account wide

What about the fact that many of these pets have been paid for and suddenly we can on have three of each type.
Oh well money just grows on trees in Azeroth.

You will be able to resell most of them. Except for wild pets.
Edited by Aligatro on 8/25/2012 12:10 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any chance of getting a search box in the mount window like the one going into the pet window?
96 Troll Druid
Kaivax, could you please provide or direct the community to a comprehensive list of all pets available / not available, specifically in the case of factions? I've been waiting for months for a post like this one, yet here we are 4 days from patch implementation. My concern is that many of my achievements on my horde main (formerly Alliance) will not translate in entirety to my alliance alts- a good 6 or so 85s. Saying "for example" is not really helpful, since I would like certain pets to benefit my other toons, such as my Argent Champion. Another question I have is weather or not my account will be recognized (finally) for my Crusader and Champion titles accrued while playing Alliance back in Wrath which were erased upon transferring. I assume yes, since re-transferring for people restores these achievements. Another concern perhaps is the mounts I collected on Ally side which were converted to Horde equivalent. Will my account be credited with the Alliance versions or will my Ally toons just have a bunch of grayed out mounts that are useless, where in fact I had unlocked them in the past?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]