Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

90 Troll Druid
Once again lists would be extremely helpful... and if the result proves negative I'd love a free transfer back to Ally or my account achievement record corrected.
If you want to know if you can ride the scorpion guild mount on a alliance toon its :no.
85 Human Mage
What I want to know is this, Is it truly account wide? Unlike our BOA? it says account bound but limited to server, Say I have a toon on thunderlord with the Spirit of competition. Can I use that on a my mage on destromath? or maybe he has the brewfest kodo, Can I use that on my mage from another realm?
90 Worgen Warlock
I don't get the "same type" thing.

If I have 5 different cats on my druid, will I lose 2 of them forever? Or my druid will still be able to spawn them and only my other toons wont? Will there be another frame to add/remove pets from, like bags do with banks?
90 Human Paladin
Could you clarify whether or not account-wide pets/mounts/achievements will apply to all WoW licences on a battle.net account. Specifically: is there any chance they will apply to accounts from different regions (ie, will a US wow account share pets with a EU wow account if they are on the same battle.net account?).

I've seen lots of people speculating, but no official answer.

08/24/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Kamoria
Account-wide literally means account wide. if you have a US account then it shares it with all that US account. Same with EU.

That wasn't the poster's question. He was asking if you have a battle.net account with both EU and US licences, will the pets be shared across those region licences? And this is what I would also like to know. A simple yes or no would be great from an official source.

I live and work around the world and will do for some years to come. I have one battle.net account with an EU & US licence on it. I play the licence with the lowest ping, so I have achievements and mounts / pets across the 2 licences.

I appreciate those with 2 different regions under one battle.net account will be a very small minority, but the question has been asked a few times now without any clarification. It's almost like those in the know don't know themselves, which is worrying for the launch day of this new system.
90 Draenei Shaman
08/25/2012 03:47 AMPosted by Acolis
What I want to know is this, Is it truly account wide? Unlike our BOA? it says account bound but limited to server, Say I have a toon on thunderlord with the Spirit of competition. Can I use that on a my mage on destromath? or maybe he has the brewfest kodo, Can I use that on my mage from another realm?

Yes. :)
Most of your achievements, companions, and mounts will be account-wide and available to all your characters regardless of realm or faction.
84 Blood Elf Hunter
Now I will admit that I didn't read the full five pages of comments, so this may have already been answered. Assuming the same guidelines posted for pets (that I barely understood), apply for mounts as well, does that mean production mounts like the Vial of Sands, or RaF/SoR mounts (Spectral Windrider, the rocket, etc.), or seasonal mounts, will be account wide?

Also. What about the seasonal pets, such as Feline Familiar, Creepy Crate, the Reindeer, Peddlefeet, etc.?

Edit: Last question. I saw it asked a couple times, but didn't see a definite answer. Pets that the Horde can not buy unless Allies put them in the neutral Auction House, like the cats and moths... Will Horde players still be able to keep them, or will they be "grayed out"? I spent quite a bit of gold getting the cats and moths, and I am going to be very sad if the only character that can keep them is my level 6 Worgen.
Edited by Reivunko on 8/25/2012 5:22 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
08/25/2012 05:17 AMPosted by Reivunko
Assuming the same guidelines posted for pets (that I barely understood), apply for mounts as well, does that mean production mounts like the Vial of Sands, or RaF/SoR mounts (Spectral Windrider, the rocket, etc.), or seasonal mounts, will be account wide?

Correct.
Some profession mounts that have some sort of requirement to learn like the Flying Machine will still require you to have the specific profession to mount.

The only mounts that don't seem to be account-wide on the PTR seem to be class-specific mounts & arena/rbg mounts.

Faction-specific mounts also remain faction-specific (ex :no racial horde mounts on alliance) and do not convert to their faction equivalent (ex : Mechanohog doesn't convert to Mekgineers Chopper).

Also. What about the seasonal pets, such as Feline Familiar, Creepy Crate, the Reindeer, Peddlefeet, etc.?

These should be account-wide.
Edited by Novalas on 8/25/2012 5:22 AM PDT
84 Blood Elf Hunter
Alright, thanks. I'm just looking forward to my Warlock having my Spectral Windrider and Sandstone Drake(when she hits 80), and my hunter having the 50 pets I collected on my lock. ^ .^

I had another question, but I edited my above post with it, because I didn't think anyone would reply that fast. xD

And.. Apparently I lied about that being the last question... If it does gray out the Alliance pets we Horde members bought on the AH, do we lose achievement pets, like Stinker?
90 Draenei Shaman
Last question. I saw it asked a couple times, but didn't see a definite answer. Pets that the Horde can not buy unless Allies put them in the neutral Auction House, like the cats and moths... Will Horde players still be able to keep them, or will they be "grayed out"? I spent quite a bit of gold getting the cats and moths, and I am going to be very sad if the only character that can keep them is my level 6 Worgen.

They should be available for use on your Horde characters.
The only companions that seem to be grayed out are companions that can only be summoned by the opposite faction.
Ex : Alliance Balloon can't be summoned by a Horde character so you wouldn't be able to use it on your Horde characters.

That's how it works on the PTR anyways. :)

08/25/2012 05:29 AMPosted by Reivunko
And.. Apparently I lied about that being the last question... If it does gray out the Alliance pets we Horde members bought on the AH, do we lose achievement pets, like Stinker?

Since they aren't grayed out, no. :P
Edited by Novalas on 8/25/2012 5:44 AM PDT
84 Blood Elf Hunter
Alright, so nothing's really changed about them then. We couldn't get the opposite faction's balloons or Moonkin, anyway... Although I would love to get my hands on the Alliance Moonkin. I'm just too lazy to go get it out of my Worgen's bank... or actually train my Worgen.. xD'

Thanks for answering. I have the Beta, it's just really laggy on my computer, so I haven't played it enough to find out these things for myself. I pretty much just made my Pandaren, fell in love with her, and logged out. xD
41 Blood Elf Paladin
What does account wide mean? Can I transfer pets across servers?
90 Tauren Druid
Ok, so there seems to be A LOT of confusion over what is really a very simple concept.

You have ten characters, and all of those characters have an orange tabby cat. Each of your characters has an individual pet tab.

So you end up with Tabby A, Tabby B, Tabby C, Tabby D, Tabby E...etc.

After the patch hits, you will have one tab, so no matter which character you are on, the tab will look exactly the same, with the same pets in the same positions, with the same names.

All that will happen is instead of having Tabby A, Tabby B, Tabby C, Tabby D, Tabby E...

You will see Tabby A, B and C.

There are currently 226 pets in game, adding however many are coming in mists, it will be impossible to go over the 500 cap and lose any pets, because the system looks at all your pets, across all your characters and combines them into one list, so if character A and Character C have a tabby, but Character B does not, after the patch, all three will have access to the same tabby cat, and you will see two orange tabbys in the pet tab.

The 500 pet cap is there purely so you do not end up with 10 tabbys, 10 tickbird hatchlings, so on and so forth, you will still have all the same TYPES of pets, you just may not get as many DUPLICATES of those pets if you reach the cap.

I hope that helps a bit.
55 Night Elf Death Knight
08/25/2012 05:29 AMPosted by Reivunko
Alright, thanks. I'm just looking forward to my Warlock having my Spectral Windrider and Sandstone Drake(when she hits 80)

Unfortunately, SOR and RAF mounts are not account wide.

08/24/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Suraah
If I have 10 Sinister Squashlings in my inventory which I haven't learned, will 7 of them go away?

I'm curious about this as well.
90 Draenei Shaman
08/25/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Renshaw
Unfortunately, SOR and RAF mounts are not account wide.

While a blue did mention that RAF mounts weren't going to be account-wide on live, they seem to have changed their stance recently. SOR and RAF mounts are currently account-wide on the PTR.

The only mounts that aren't account-wide are class-specific mounts & arena/rbg mounts.
Edited by Novalas on 8/25/2012 5:54 AM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
What happens to people with multiple licenses when their pet libraries are merged across Battle.net? Can both accounts be logged in at the same time with identical pets? Can they do pet-battle with each other using the same roster? Can both accounts do the pet quest lines using the same pets? This doesn't sound right. Can somebody please explain how that is supposed to work?
90 Gnome Mage
I would imagine the 3 pet limit only refers to LEARNED pets. If you have 10 Cat Carrier: White Kitten sitting in your bank unopened you'll still have 10 unopened carriers after the patch. If you already have 3 learned ones you won't be able to open/learn another.
41 Blood Elf Paladin
What if I have pets on different servers? Will I still have access to them on ALL toons across multiple servers?
90 Undead Death Knight
OK, lets see here. If char A has a white kitten, char B has one & char C has one; right now I have 3 characters with 1 pet each. So after the merge will they each now have 3? Will that count toward the pet achieves?
90 Draenei Shaman
08/25/2012 06:11 AMPosted by Citric
What if I have pets on different servers? Will I still have access to them on ALL toons across multiple servers?

Pets that are account-wide should be available to all your characters regardless of realm. :)
Edited by Novalas on 8/25/2012 6:13 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]