Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

100 Night Elf Druid
08/25/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Cindyanne
So... if my son and I want to be able to do pet battles against each other, we will have to be on SEPARATE battle.net accounts. Is that correct? Because that's kind of a big deal and pretty important to know.

Yikes... my daughter and I are set up the same way. :(

Well for you all that has their son and daughter on the same account, NOW IS A GREAT TIME TO BUY, just buy another account for their $ 5.00 sale that blizzard has going on now and then I believe you need to pay to switch the character they are using to that account, but at least until Monday at midnight you can save $ 14.99 on the original/TBC game, but then you have to buy wolk and cata if they are that far into it. :(
100 Night Elf Druid
OK, since I knew way back since blizzcom that the pets would be combind in one book, I went through childern week with my alts and did all the quests and since my main (This toon has all of them 202 total) I did not learn those pets on my alts.

Now you say that pets that are not unique can have more than 3, so tell me of the childern week pets that I am looking at now on my alt:

TURTLE BOX - UNIQUE
SLEEPY WILLY - UNIQUE

Curious Wolvar Pup - Soulbound (NOT UNIQUE)
Little Fawn Salt Lick - Soulbound (NOT UNIQUE)

I believe that is an achievement pet I dont remember, so what I am reading since my Turtle box and Sleey Willy are Unique, they will be combind into 1 main pet in my book, but what about the curious Wolvar Pup?

I don't want any surprises and you go and start making pets UNIQUE unless they are already UNIQUE TODAY

Also I see the boss drop for the Phoenix Hatchling is UNIQUE, why is that? Why are some non achievements, blizzcom, TCG pets, Blizzard Store UNIQUE???? So now that I have a few extra Phoenix Hatchlings on a few toons they get put in my book as one and they are not even a world boss drop, achievement, blizzcom, blizzard store or TCG pet...... so what else do we need to discover?
Edited by Mâximus on 8/25/2012 6:11 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/24/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Kaivax
4. All standard pets will be merged, with a limit of three per type. Players who currently have more than three of the same pet across their characters will see a total of three after the migration. Examples of standard pets: Orange Tabby Cat, Brown Prairie Dog, Crimson Whelpling.

I'm sorry if I'm just stupid, maybe I misunderstood this. "Three per type." Does that mean, that say I have 4 different kinds of cats, will I only keep 3 different kinds?
74 Dwarf Paladin
Is there a final, definitive, official list of which pets will not be account-wide?
24 Night Elf Priest
Forgive my stupidity, but why would I want three copies of the same pet?
100 Night Elf Druid
08/25/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Madia
Forgive my stupidity, but why would I want three copies of the same pet?

Well some people like me if you have 3 of the same kind would like a challege and use all 3 at once just for shets and giggles. Also if you have 3 of the same kind, nothing is stopping you from caging them in MoP and selling them on AH for some extra $$$$.

Trust me if I run across 3 rares of the same kind, you can bet I will keep that in my pocket and sure use it depending on what class type I have and what wild pet I happen to see, say something like Mechanical Pets vs the 3 wild pets that are beasts. I noticed in the wild a lot of times that one pet family you see usually is joined by the same family tree.
92 Gnome Death Knight
08/25/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Kaivax
Caging and trading caged pets are Mists of Pandaria functions. You'll see some mention of it after the 5.0.4 patch, but you won't be doing it until the expansion.

No chance we can change your mind on that? Would be great if we could cage our duplicates and get under the 500 limit before the expansion, so we can be ready to get into capturing wild pets on day 1.
85 Tauren Paladin

This makes no sense at all.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. If you have 1 toon total with a Dark Whelpling, then you'll have one across all your accounts. If you have like, a total of 10 with Chicken Egg (the westfall chicken), you'd come into 5.0.4 and find you'd have a total of 3 of them.

If they are all shared, why do I need 3?
100 Night Elf Rogue

Actually, it makes perfect sense. If you have 1 toon total with a Dark Whelpling, then you'll have one across all your accounts. If you have like, a total of 10 with Chicken Egg (the westfall chicken), you'd come into 5.0.4 and find you'd have a total of 3 of them.

If they are all shared, why do I need 3?

Related to the pet battle system. You can have 3 pets in a battle. If you wanted, you could have three westfall chickens fight for you.

Apparently as you tame pets, they can be of differing quality and strength, even if they have the exact same name.

To ask again..

I have one battle.net account. There are 3 wow licenses (meaning they can all be logged in at once). Two are being paid for and have wow paid up to Cata (and mop on one)

In order to be able to pet battle would one have to split the other two licenses into new battle.net accounts to do it all at once? Based on something already said.

Doesn't that contradict this?

You will have to separate licenses for two players on the same Battle.net account to enter into Pet Battles at the same time.

I already have two separate licenses (three, but only 2 are active)

Actually, would any pets/cheeves from a frozen account get added?
Edited by Yukale on 8/25/2012 8:24 PM PDT
100 Gnome Warrior
You didn't address the concerns of peeps that already have more than 3 of the rare drop pets now.

08/25/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Kaivax
Let's say that across all of your characters, you've only ever acquired one Crimson Whelpling. It's on a character that you rarely play. You wish you had a Crimson Whelpling on your current main. But alas, you do not.

Let's say that I liked the Crimson whelpling so much that I went and got a crimson whelpling for 14 other characters.

Why are you deleting 12 of those?

Why do your posts directly contradict http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6307802778#2
08/15/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Mumper
Pets will still be merged on MoP launch, but instead of placing them in your bags or mail they will be placed directly in your pet journal. You will be allowed to have more than 500 and 3x per pet during this process.
Edited by Tiggindy on 8/25/2012 8:27 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Rogue
You didn't address the concerns of peeps that already have more than 3 of the rare drop pets now.

Let's say that across all of your characters, you've only ever acquired one Crimson Whelpling. It's on a character that you rarely play. You wish you had a Crimson Whelpling on your current main. But alas, you do not.

Let's say that I liked the Crimson whelpling so much that I went and got a crimson whelpling for 14 other characters.

Why do your posts directly contradict http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6307802778#2

Pets will still be merged on MoP launch, but instead of placing them in your bags or mail they will be placed directly in your pet journal. You will be allowed to have more than 500 and 3x per pet during this process.

Also this!
100 Gnome Warrior
08/25/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Yukale
I have one battle.net account. There are 3 wow licenses (meaning they can all be logged in at once).

They've responded to this. As long as those WoW licenses are under the same battle.net account, they can all use the pets as companions simultaneously, but only one of the accounts can battle at a time.

If you want to have pet fights among those 3 WoW accounts, you'd have to separate that account onto a new/different battle.net login.

For instance, say Tiggindy and Tiggandy are on 2 WoW accounts (they're not, but humor me). Both could simultaneously bring out a Celestial Dragon to amuse and amaze the peeps Stormwind.

However, if Tiggindy and Tiggandy wanted to have a pet battle, they can't because they're both under the same battle.net account even though they're on different WoW licenses.

OTOH, if I separate Tiggandy to a new/different battle.net account, then it's the same as a completely different person's account (even though I own both). Tiggandy wouldn't get Tiggindy's pets and would have a much smaller choice of pets than (Tiggi has 207 vs Tigga's mere 120). BUT, now I could stage pet battles between Tigg and Tigg.

Actually, would any pets/cheeves from a frozen account get added?

No clue. ;)
So what I am understanding is that our accounts will basically have a "kennel" containing all of our pets - making this pool of pets accessible to whichever character we are playing. In this kennel we can have up to 3 standard pets per type (presumably allowing us to spec them out differently for pet battles), as well as all our other pets within the parameters described. Is this correct?
100 Night Elf Rogue
08/25/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Fogzul
In this kennel we can have up to 3 standard pets per type

It's not per type. If you have the following combinded across all your characters:
4 Orange Tabby(cat)
5 Bombays(cat)
4 Silver Tabby(cat)
2 Siamese(cat)
3 Black Tabby(cat)

you will end up with all of this:
3 Orange Tabby(cat)
3 Bombays(cat)
3 Silver Tabby(cat)
2 Siamese(cat)
3 Black Tabby(cat)

The Blue misspoke when he used the word type. Each pet color is a different pet despite all the above being cats.
Edited by Nyssa on 8/25/2012 9:48 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
The 500 limit is... troubling. Is there same reason for the limit? Collecting mini pets is one of my favorite things to do in the game, always has been. I know I don't have 500, even with doubles, but I'm sure you plan to keep adding more. What do I do when I hit the 500 cap? I know I will not be deleting any. I guess when I 500 I just give up pet collecting?

It says players can go over 500 during migration. What then? Do these players always have a higher cap than the rest of us? Do they have to delete pets to get down to 500 after 5.0.4? What's the deal with that line? Can you explain it better?

Edit to add: Does that mean we should go on a mad pet acquiring spree in the hopes of getting more than 500 now while we can to avoid the arbitrary 500 limit?
Edited by Vacant on 8/25/2012 10:26 PM PDT
86 Worgen Druid
just curious, are you guys at blizzard taking the proper precautions when merging the pets/mounts this time? as i recall quite a few years ago with the release of the first expansion, many players lost pets/mounts when you converted the system we had back then to the one we have now. i remember you had to send out pets/mounts to everyone to fix it, and people had to petition to get the special ones they lost.

i hope it goes well this time
90 Blood Elf Hunter
New question: What if I separated my licenses into two different accounts after MoP? (I currently dual box) Would the second account still have all the pets as the first?
90 Undead Hunter
A question regarding account-wide Mounts:

So if I earn an exotic mount~say like Midnight from the fantastically spooky Karazhan on my paladin in A server~will my hunter in B server be able to use it?

edit: I think this question is crucial cos there're heirlooms that are "account-wide", but they simply are not available to characters on a different server~
Edited by Xerberus on 8/25/2012 11:31 PM PDT
90 Draenei Hunter
what about the feat of strenght mounts are those going to be account wide too? like my zuilian tiger mount? or the ravenlord mount or evenmy white halk strider? what of them it kinda ruins the fun of farming for the mounts if they become account wide...and what is with the rule of 3's i keep seeing like the 3 of the same min pet thing does that mean the pets are acount wide but that you can only pic them on 3 toons? or does it mean that there will be on each toon a colection of all the mini pets from all of y our toons that you have access to? the wording on the press release was very confusing
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]