Any Rocky Horror Picture Show fans here?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I have no fancy speech this time. Lately I've just been really really nostalgic for RHPS. So I was curious if there were some fans here. I've seen a few in general discussion ^^

Quickie questions if you want:

1: How did you find it?
2: Have you seen it in theaters? Or at a friends house with a bunch of people?
3: Favorite yellback?
4: If you saw it in a theater what was your Virgin ritual?

I'll try and answer these quick since I have to sleep soon. ( Meds and all )

1: I was an outcast in high school. I bumped into another outcast girl and she was shocked that I didn't hear of it.
2: I've sadly only seen up to "Over at the frankenstein place" in a theater. My friend had to leave and we went in her car. However one of my favorite teen memories was seeing it at a friends house. He had a bunch of people over. His yellbacks were great and had me crying.
3: It's during the Time warp "Get the *beep* off the desk!!" I always crack friends up when I livestream the movie on Halloween. ( I still plan on doing that this year ) That one surprised them and got the most laughs. My 2nd fav might be for Hot Patootie.

Real version: What ever happened to Saturday Night?
Yell back after wards: WE GO TO ROCKY CUZ WE HAVE NO LIVES!

Can't forget this one either "Janet!" "Dr Scott!" "Janet!" "Brad!" "Rocky!" "BULLWINKLE!"

4: I was in a big group of newbies. Or Virgins. They had us all cram up on a stage. At first since it was the holidays, they had us pass candy canes to each other with our mouths. ( I had a cute guy next to me it was fun ) The finale were people chosen for a little skit.

I feel bad since the first time I mentioned this skit. I fibbed a little. Only a little lie. What they did was pick out 4 people. Gender didn't matter. They'd put whipped cream on their chest. And have a cherry on top. ( Get it? Poppin cherries? lul xp ) And the other person had to go get it with their mouth.

My fib was I made it sound like I participated. Sadly no. I felt bad about that little fib when I was just trying to be goofy on the forums.

Sadly the theater here that did this has closed down. Which makes me sad because I met some cool people there. But I hear the group has found a new theater. But due to certain friendships not really lasting I haven't been to a screening in ages.
Reply Quote
48 Undead Mage
08/25/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Rosenivy
I have no fancy speech this time. Lately I've just been really really nostalgic for RHPS. So I was curious if there were some fans here. I've seen a few in general discussion ^^

I have yet to watch that :(

go figure since I have seen the movie clue, i have heard that, if one likes the movie clue then they shall like rocky horror picture show... : \
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
go figure since I have seen the movie clue, i have heard that, if one likes the movie clue then they shall like rocky horror picture show... : \

The same goes for Repo the Genetic Opera. I like to think of those movies as cousins. I mean that as a compliment.

I recommend both. Both movies are movies you have to at least see once in your life.

Theater screenings are more funny with yellbacks but Virgins will have no clue what the movie is about
Reply Quote
48 Undead Mage
In fact i'm going to go watch it, RIGHT NOW -amazon on demand for teh win
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/25/2012 01:25 AMPosted by Solicon
In fact i'm going to go watch it, RIGHT NOW -amazon on demand for teh win

^^ Enjoy. And please don't take it seriously. It's not meant to be.

Virgins don't have to worry about yellbacks. I'd give you 2 freebie ones but they'd be bleeped on the forums. A lot of them would be bleeped actually lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

1. Learned of it when I was little, my older cousin was obsessed with it. (She still is)
2. I've only seen it on DVD, it's not shown in theatres here.

I'd love to go to it at a theatre, but I doubt I ever will get the chance :(

08/25/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Rosenivy
"Janet!" "Dr Scott!" "Janet!" "Brad!" "Rocky!" "BULLWINKLE!"

LOL.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/25/2012 01:32 AMPosted by Killercaitie

You could always look nearby theaters up online. Tend to be little dirty theaters though like dollar ones.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
08/25/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Rosenivy

You could always look nearby theaters up online. Tend to be little dirty theaters though like dollar ones.

The internet is not finding anything recent... showings from 2010 on the other side of the province. x_x
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
mine is kinda similar to the op's

i was in high school and a friend invited me to go to houston with them to see a theatre showing of it. i was just happy to get out of my crappy town even for a few hours. mind you this was some 20 yrs ago so my memory is slightly fuzzy but i remember going to and area or maybe the theatre that was called tinseltown which happens to be at the time the main bi-sexual part of houston.

i was riveted at the showing because just about everyone there was in some sort of costume/make up from characters of the show and there was major crowd support in that they were throwing things on stage at certain times,one guy was whacking it during a certain scene and everyone was involved in some way or fashion.

i didn't see the actual movie of it till a few years later but already was a fan and knew what to expect so yes, i too hollered back "bullwinkle" during the movie and all of the other little crowd nuances.

i think the biggest thing i took out of the live show was that they(the crowd) didn't care about race,color,creed or if you were fat,ugly,gay,straight,..they were all in it together and came together to have a beutiful time.
Edited by Khatula on 8/25/2012 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/25/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Khatula
i think the biggest thing i took out of the live show was that they(the crowd) didn't care about race,color,creed or if you were fat,ugly,gay,straight,..they were all in it together and came together to have a beutiful time.

The theater where I lived would always say "Come as you are" So you wouldn't feel like a freak. I enjoy that part of the fandom very much ^^

Also it's just great when you hear a new good yell back and bust out laughing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
08/25/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Rosenivy

The theater where I lived would always say "Come as you are" So you wouldn't feel like a freak. I enjoy that part of the fandom very much ^^

Also it's just great when you hear a new good yell back and bust out laughing.
yea,i showed up in basic street clothes not knowing what i going to see but they treated me just the same.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/25/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Khatula
yea,i showed up in basic street clothes not knowing what i going to see but they treated me just the same.

Same but they had to draw the giant red V on my face in lipstick. XD
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
same but they just gave me those funky over sized vienna sausage looking squishy things that were the bees-knee's to throw on stage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/25/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Khatula
same but they just gave me those funky over sized vienna sausage looking squishy things that were the bees-knee's to throw on stage.

I didn't get to stay for the throwing parts sadly. I'm pretty sure some Toast was going to be thrown though. They always make it extra burnt so no one tries to eat it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

1.) I remember seeing the cover numerous times as a child when my parents and I would rent movies. One day when I was 13, I thought I'd rent it from the library. I was so happy I found it!

2.) I've seen it at a friend's house during one of our movie nights. Never had the pleasure of seeing it on big screens... yet. Thank god for Alamo Drafthouse!

3.) "Janet!" "Dr Scott!" "Janet!" "Brad!" "Rocky!" "Adrian!"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/26/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Valhalo
3.) "Janet!" "Dr Scott!" "Janet!" "Brad!" "Rocky!" "Adrian!"

Lol that version is new for me. It's fun when Yellbacks are different depending on where you live.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest

1) Some of the friends I played laser tag with told me about it.
2) Live. In a theater... over 100 times (yeah, that makes me a LOSER!)
3) A bat of the eye, a twitch of the lips, first one to scream....
4) We stand all our virgins in a line, single file, packed as tightly as possible (virgins are supposed to be tight), and pop their cherries by teaching them the pelvic thrust, which they have to do on a count of 69.

5) Bonus points. I'm a member of the local cast, the low down cheap little punks. I've played Janet, Magenta, Columbia, Ralph, Betty, Riff-Raff, Rocky, Brad and Dr. Scott.The only parts I haven't played are Frank, Crim, and Eddie. Most of the time I just take a crew position, but I'll fill in for anything.

We still do the show every Friday night, at the appropriate hour, and have for over 20 years, so if you are ever in the Raleigh area, look it up.

Just remember, if you have more hair on your a-- than I have on my f-----g night elf's head, you don't want to do the underwear run - people carry lighters and they will torch your fuzzy butt :P
Edited by Olorimë on 8/31/2012 6:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/31/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Olorimë
4) We stand all our virgins in a line,

Oh that's the reason why. XD That's pretty funny.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]