MoP Changes

93 Draenei Paladin
08/26/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Peratryn
This sounds like a great idea. We're going to add a new /data url to get the full talent calculator data. It will include the list of talents and glyph options at least. We can't promise it for this week of course but we'll add it soon.

awsome like to have a api source insted on the jasonp feed ive been using....
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
Q: with the updates will we be getting the set pieces name and id's?
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
08/27/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Zonous
Q: with the updates will we be getting the set pieces name and id's?

We would like to get to all of the known issues solved,but as of the prepatch, the only changes are the ones I've mentioned.
Reply Quote
93 Human Paladin
08/26/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Peratryn
Boss kills should be in the character feed afaik. I think there is a bug that's preventing some from showing up, but we'll try to look at that before MoP raids start up.

The DS bosskills have never hit the activity feed. I posted on that a couple of times, but it never got fixed.

I defer to Polar from GuildOx and Wanttowrite from WowProgress for progression tracking, but I think if the each bosskill would hit the users feed with a timestamp, 10/25 & LFR/normal/Heroic tags, that would do the trick. It would be nice to get such info as a separate API query from the feed itself so that older progression data isn't lost as the feed purges.
Reply Quote
93 Human Paladin
Or maybe add more detail to the progression field return to include first kill time stamps for each mode. I don't think there much interest in tracking LFR kills, so please don't mix that in with Normal:

{
"name":"Morchok",
"normalKills":10,
"FirstNormal10Kill":1228281741000,
"FirstNormal25Kill":1228281741000,
"heroicKills":3,
"FirstHeroic10Kill":1228281741000,
"FirstHeroic25Kill":1228281741000,
"id":55265
}
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
First kill timestamps is not something we could add on the short term. Adding a last-updated timestamp to progression data or improving the character news feed in some way (or adding one just for progression) is something we might be able to do for MoP.
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Rogue
08/27/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Peratryn
First kill timestamps is not something we could add on the short term. Adding a last-updated timestamp to progression data or improving the character news feed in some way (or adding one just for progression) is something we might be able to do for MoP.

At the end of the day, we need to be able to work out what time/date each boss was killed (and the 25/10 mode in which they were killed) and it would be nice to simply call the API once for each guild. At the moment we have to do things with characters and feeds to get all of this and it is fairly inefficient.

-Polar
GuildOx.com
Edited by Polar on 9/15/2012 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Rogue
Or... how about getting the Guild news API feed to show boss kills done as a guild, timestamp and the mode in which they were killed? It would also need to show more entries (it is a bit limited at the moment). That would be REALLY neat.
Edited by Polar on 9/15/2012 6:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
08/26/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Peratryn
Progression data hasn't changed but be aware that achievements don't trigger site progression for the time being. If they did it would occur for all characters (account wide achievements) and we don't know if we want that yet.

So far I noticed there is no progression-related achievements that are marked as account-wide.
Cataclysm and Pandaria raid bosses achievements currently character-only.
Will it stay as it is now? You aren't going to change these achievements?

08/26/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Peratryn
Be aware that achievement and criteria id's might have changed and that criteria can now be shared between different achievements. If you have any code that looks up an achievement from criteria id it might need some work.

Changing id's, this is the most scaring part. It seems raiding achievements not affected.
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
Progression data hasn't changed but be aware that achievements don't trigger site progression for the time being. If they did it would occur for all characters (account wide achievements) and we don't know if we want that yet.

So far I noticed there is no progression-related achievements that are marked as account-wide.
Cataclysm and Pandaria raid bosses achievements currently character-only.
Will it stay as it is now? You aren't going to change these achievements?

Be aware that achievement and criteria id's might have changed and that criteria can now be shared between different achievements. If you have any code that looks up an achievement from criteria id it might need some work.

Changing id's, this is the most scaring part. It seems raiding achievements not affected.

The accountWide flag is the same as the blue border in game. This just means that the achievement either must be done by one character, or can be done by multiple characters.

The issue I was mentioning is that in 5.0.4 all achievements are shared across characters so checking whether a character has an achievement does not tell you if that particular character has killed the boss. Due to this all of the progression data in the API and website now only use kill statistics (the ones you can see in game) for this data, and not achievements.

Some criteria ID's have changed (you probably saw this as a lot of character feeds got "new" boss kills for old bosses when they logged in after the 5.0.4 update). No achievement id's have changed that I'm aware of.
Edited by Peratryn on 8/29/2012 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Or maybe add more detail to the progression field return to include first kill time stamps for each mode. I don't think there much interest in tracking LFR kills, so please don't mix that in with Normal:

{
"name":"Morchok",
"normalKills":10,
"FirstNormal10Kill":1228281741000,
"FirstNormal25Kill":1228281741000,
"heroicKills":3,
"FirstHeroic10Kill":1228281741000,
"FirstHeroic25Kill":1228281741000,
"id":55265
}

Yes lack of this information was one of the things that helped to kill off 25-man raiding for the most part, on the guild achievement and statistics level.
Edited by Malchome on 8/29/2012 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Can we have a flag with the achievements data that tells us the profile has hidden Account Wide achievements?

As it stands, I can check the list of any account wide achievements against the earned ones and make a guess as to if they have them hidden, but it is possible to level and avoid all of them I would imagine.

Also, I guess the no BattleTag rule is a privacy issue, so how about another checkbox in game to not display BatlteTags on the armory? It would be really nice to have them!
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
08/29/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Peratryn
The issue I was mentioning is that in 5.0.4 all achievements are shared across characters so checking whether a character has an achievement does not tell you if that particular character has killed the boss.

Okay, I understand. Currently there is no way to get data for most bosses.
How long do you plan to keep it in this mode?
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Paladin
Are Paladins Unerfed At Level 90?
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Paladin
Cause My Level 85 Paladin Cant Wait To PWN SOME PANDAS!
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
The issue I was mentioning is that in 5.0.4 all achievements are shared across characters so checking whether a character has an achievement does not tell you if that particular character has killed the boss.

Okay, I understand. Currently there is no way to get data for most bosses.
How long do you plan to keep it in this mode?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. There are kill statistic for all bosses in the game that I'm aware of, so while some characters (that had the achievement, but didn't have a kill since the criteria were added) have lost some progression you should have access to getting the kill counts of any boss that matches up with the in game statistics screen. (If not there is a bug).

There are no current plans to change how progression is working.
Edited by Peratryn on 8/30/2012 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
What returned in "fields=progression" queries is not enough because it misses kill time.
Aren't you going to add timestamps to the data? Or to add bosskills of current tier to activity feeds?
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
What returned in "fields=progression" queries is not enough because it misses kill time.
Aren't you going to add timestamps to the data? Or to add bosskills of current tier to activity feeds?

In this thread it's been said that we would like to add last updated timestamps to the progression data. The lack of current tier boss kills is a bug and we will look at it. Sorry if I wasn't clear on either of these two points before.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Shaman
Thanks for the info. Do you plan to make these improvements before MoP release or it's just something you're willing to do in future?
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
08/30/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Wanttowrite
Thanks for the info. Do you plan to make these improvements before MoP release or it's just something you're willing to do in future?

We should be able to add lastUpdated timestamps very soon. As far as the feed bug we can't say until we figure out what the bug is ;-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]