MoP Changes

10 Tauren Shaman
Peratryn, thank you for the answers! really appreciated!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Has anything been done to move or add progression information to the Guild Achievements/Statistics area rather than just character progression.

Character progression is great for ranking characters but having to aggregate the data for estimate guild progression is well I will say short sighted as this has been a problem the entirety of Cataclysm.

Boss XYZ Kill
10 Man Normal : DateTimeStamp
10 Man Heroic: DateTimeStamp
25 Man Normal :DateTimeStamp
25 Man Heroic: : DateTimeStamp
Reply Quote
6 Troll Mage
Thanks for the great work! :)

Here is a bug that, as far as I could see, was not reported yet: one of the things added by 5.0.4 is the fact that hunters now need expertise. Their expertise isn't reported in the character JSON though. I would have expected to see a new "rangedEpertise" field in the "stats" block. (Their "main hand expertise" and "off hand expertise" does appear in the JSON, but hunters no longer use main hand or offhand weapons. The fact that something is still reported for those might be another bug)
Edited by Yocoliah on 8/31/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
Thanks for the great work! :)

Here is a bug that, as far as I could see, was not reported yet: one of the things added by 5.0.4 is the fact that hunters now need expertise. Their expertise isn't reported in the character JSON though. I would have expected to see a new "rangedEpertise" field in the "stats" block. (Their "main hand expertise" and "off hand expertise" does appear in the JSON, but hunters no longer use main hand or offhand weapons. The fact that something is still reported for those might be another bug)

I'll check with the wowTeam about which profile fields are needed now. It's possible that there has been some deprecation and mainHandExpertise should be renamed as expertise. I will try and find out.
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
Racials can affect expertise on different weapon types. We have rangedExpertise in the character profiles and I'll expose it in the API with the next update.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
In the guild member list could you please keep the 'achievementPoints' value the individual character's achievement points and ADD an 'accountPoints' value for the character's account-wide achievements? This would help my guild when they claim their alts as their alts should generally have the same number of account-wide achievements, hence validating their alts. I am finding it odd though that the achievement points from alts lower than level 85 do not match that of the characters at the maximum level (although they DO match ingame).

Kinda cool that I'm starting to see the spec structure show up on some of my guild's characters already... looking forward to finding a use for that.
Edited by Cordana on 8/31/2012 10:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
In the guild member list could you please keep the 'achievementPoints' value the individual character's achievement points and ADD an 'accountPoints' value for the character's account-wide achievements? This would help my guild when they claim their alts as their alts should generally have the same number of account-wide achievements, hence validating their alts. I am finding it odd though that the achievement points from alts lower than level 85 do not match that of the characters at the maximum level (although they DO match ingame).

Kinda cool that I'm starting to see the spec structure show up on some of my guild's characters already... looking forward to finding a use for that.

This is not something we'd be able to do soon. The achievements we get for each character are either account-wide or not based on the setting that this character has chosen in game. Right now we don't have the option to get both.

Most likely those guild members have just not logged in and out of their alts yet in order to trigger profile updates. Once all of the characters have updates (and once their achievement point totals get into the cache) the guild roster (fields=members) view of the API should settle out (except for those that choose to only have character achievements show up on their profiles via the in game setting).
Edited by Peratryn on 9/2/2012 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Peratryn,

I can see some new info on the item API, such as armor, and displayInfoId. Any idea 1) what these are, and 2) what other fields have been added? It is difficult to tell what the complete list of possible fields are in the item API without traversing the whole list of items, which I'm sure you don't want me abusing my app key for.
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
Peratryn,

I can see some new info on the item API, such as armor, and displayInfoId. Any idea 1) what these are, and 2) what other fields have been added? It is difficult to tell what the complete list of possible fields are in the item API without traversing the whole list of items, which I'm sure you don't want me abusing my app key for.

1) armor is the total value of armor that an item has on it (baseArmor plus any bonus armor given from bonus stats). Display info id is just an id that describes what the item looks like. Both were added prior to 5.0.4.

2) The main fields that were changed or added for 5.0.4 were listed in the OP.
Reply Quote
That works for me, thanks for taking a look at this and my other threads. :)
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
Thanks for the updates. Good stuff. We know you folks are busy, just do what you gotta do and we'll be standing by. :)

Do you have any info to release regarding the Black Market Auction House? Will it be added to the AH API at some point?

I don't have any data about the BMAH right now, I will make sure to find this out.

Any news? Thanks. :)
Edited by Ujournal on 9/5/2012 6:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't have any data about the BMAH right now, I will make sure to find this out.

Any update on this?
Edited by Osseric on 9/24/2012 7:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
09/24/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Osseric

Any update on this?

Unfortunately not yet. The wow team has been understandably busy, but I will ask again after launch.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
with mop will the game cater for the people 16 yr and above .
EG let us take the hard quests again in the out doors ( orange and red quests )
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Posted by Osseric

Any update on this?

Unfortunately not yet. The wow team has been understandably busy, but I will ask again after launch.

Hello,

Is there any further updates since? Would love to see an API available for BMAH

Cheers!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
:o
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Warlock

The issue I was mentioning is that in 5.0.4 all achievements are shared across characters so checking whether a character has an achievement does not tell you if that particular character has killed the boss.

I see this still happens - are there any plans to change this, or a way of telling which character earned the achievement?

Thanks,
Chris
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I found this on the limited posts, which i am restricted to since i left World of Warcraft, just after Mists was released. What i find most fascinating about this entire thread is it's just about the technicalities of certain pieces of code. What the devs did was Burn me Out. I wonder how many more players of my dedication have left as well, finally so tired of grinding just to have all time spent stuffed into a new, much less appealing package. In fact, leaving the
game after 4 years of playing was a very hard decision. What is truly sad is games like W*z*rd 101 still keep me interested because they do NOT make changes to the base;
they add enhancements. See ya Blizzard; i can't use your style of "Progression"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So, how about that BMAH data?
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
12/18/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Osseric
So, how about that BMAH data?

Haven't heard anything about it. Unless I post an update I would assume that BMAH data will not be available in any form outside of the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]