Stuck on 'reconfiguring game files'

100 Draenei Shaman
Mine stuck at 0% for more than 45 minutes on both my desktop and laptop. I think it is normal. 3 hours though is not imo. Has your drive activity stopped, or is your drive LED still going? I think how long it takes depends on your system. BTW, mine jumped from 0% to 50% to about 80% then complete all within 5 minutes after that initial wait period.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Tyrekicker

How long has is been like that? I just patched mine here at work, and even while on a fast connection it stayed at 0% for a good while.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Ok, after about an hour I left for a few minutes, when I came back it was finished. I can log in now but realms are still down.

Edit: yes, I'm aware down time was extended. I just posted this for others that wondered why their % has stayed at 0 for so long. Not sure about the 3 hour long wait though.
Edited by Chriswc on 8/28/2012 12:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Not as long as some of the others. Maybe half an hour. I figured I would post that I was having this issue so that others would know they aren't the only ones.
Is there a solution to this issue?
Reply Quote
sick 8gbs just started loading now lol 1% ohya
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Okay then, ignores me and answers someone in my thread. Guess I'll just go do something else. Thanks for the service I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
0% for two and a half hours reconfiguring game files
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
My question is the same as yours and is in your thread. Answering my question seems the same to me.
Reply Quote
08/28/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Teenanger
Okay then, ignores me and answers someone in my thread. Guess I'll just go do something else. Thanks for the service I guess.

lol dont get butthurt guy blizzard always does this
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
0% for an hour here. About to go to work - wait just came up saying patch is live and is dling the patch a pace now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
For the love of God! WHY does this take so long?!?! I need my WoW Fix!!!! rassa-frazzed-bricka-bracken Updating!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
took me 15 minutes or so to download all 8gbs so my game is now ready to go XD
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Mine was stuck at 0% for about half an hour and then jumped to 3% and stopped there. XD

Looks like it's normal though, gonna go play Skyrim.
Reply Quote
it is MUCH faster if you just deleted the game and reinstalled it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Its about patience. I thought mine was messing up because it was stuck at 2% for about 25 minutes. It does say 15-60 minutes but thats normal conditions. Normal probably doesnt mean half the subscribers at once but IDK.... It finally went to 3% after the first 35-or-so minutes. Guess this will just take a while.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm sure they will extend maintenance so you will all have plenty of time to fix your issues. I could see servers being down for another 4-6 hours.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Mine has also been stuck at 0% for a few hours now.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
ok I fixed mine and it was simple.

go to Control panel

click system and security

click admin tools

click services

locate "Secondary Services" set it to automatic if it is disabled

wait a few seconds and it should work correctly
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Stuck at 0% for 3 hours, finally gave up and reloaded it, still hasn't moved... this is ridiculous, optimizing... optimizing your computer to never run the game again more like. Blizzard needs to figure it out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]