Stuck on 'reconfiguring game files'

MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Priest
08/28/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Mysticmahl
For the love of God! WHY does this take so long?!?! I need my WoW Fix!!!! rassa-frazzed-bricka-bracken Updating!!!!

Please knock off the nonsense.
Servers aren't even up yet, so you couldn't play if you wanted to.

Previous patches just added a new .mpq file and it was done patching.

MoP created a new Expansion .mpq file, and then inserted other files into the main files. This is what takes so long. Instead of having 10 small .mpq files open and 2 large mpq files open, wow will now only need 2 large .mpq files open.
Edited by Ressie on 8/28/2012 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
DONEEE
Reply Quote
75 Draenei Shaman
Google it people.

Took me 10-15 seconds to figure out the problem and fix it.

Delete your wtf, interface and temp folders, check for admin priv, try again.
Reply Quote
4% yeeees
Reply Quote
08/28/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Ressie
For the love of God! WHY does this take so long?!?! I need my WoW Fix!!!! rassa-frazzed-bricka-bracken Updating!!!!

MoP created a new Expansion .mpq file, and then inserted other files into the main files. This is what takes so long. Instead of having 10 small .mpq files open and 2 large mpq files open, wow will now only need 2 large .mpq files open.

>green-text on wow
all my wuts
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
does download speeds affect this? because my isp is crap and im gettin 512kbps dl speeds....<sigh> dont live in the middle of nowhere if u can help it
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Didn't delete anything just let it do its thing and my patch is now up and running, All servers are still down and Bliz says the ETA is around 1p.m PST so in around 30 mins or so, you guys have plenty of time to patch up.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
ive also done the pre backround download which took me days...crappy dl speeds, if i have to re download the whole patch....ill be ready to gank someone
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I'm stuck at 0% too :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
woot nevermind, my download just started and its 473 mbs to download so i dont have to redownload everything. it also went from 0 to instant download start so idk whats goin on, just give it time and it will start, mine took 3 hours to get from 0% to patch download.
Edited by Nubalicious on 8/28/2012 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Priest
08/28/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Johnnyswag

>green-text on wow
all my wuts

Info on greeny:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4038704715
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
i notice everyone keeps saying give it time however i have been stuck at )% for almost 2 hrs wtf. is that !@#$ normal?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Suckish.

Stuck at 0%...I'll go take a nap and come back. lol
Reply Quote
thanks for the info
>8%
>12 mins left till 3pm
wont make it in time lol
Reply Quote
78 Undead Mage
I had same issue this morning, ran it for over an hour and nothing moved so I stopped it. I stopped my anti-virus and firewall temporarily and tried again and the reconfig took less then 5 minutes, I turned everything back on and just waiting to log in now. If you decide to try this, remember to turn everything back on when finished.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I have been patching for almost 2 hours and am still at 0%. This is so nerve racking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]