Rogue MoP Nerf

90 Night Elf Death Knight
I heard they REALLY nerfed Rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Group stealth, free combo points from Honor Among Thieves, Vendetta is 30% (up from 20%), backstab is 75% more damage and costs 25 energy less, and recuperate also gives you energy while you get health, etc.

Sure, some of the Rogue bread and butter talents were nerfed but they more than made up for that in my opinion.

Note: If this is sarcasm, then I fail.
Edited by Atheric on 8/28/2012 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nah, that was some pretty useful info breh.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
No. They're fine.

This game isn't balanced by 1v1, so don't say "I CANT BEAT THIS CLASS SO THEY'RE OP NOT BC I SUCK"
Reply Quote
Icwutudidtharwish
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
ill say this , i was whoopin !@# alot easier . lol
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/29/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Sektor
ill say this , i was whoopin !@# alot easier . lol

That's because I don't play anymore. ;)
Reply Quote
Anyone who says rogues were not nerfed simply does not know what they are talking about. We were massively nerfed in PVP. Just a few things:

1) now impossible to have shadowstep and prep at the same time.
2) crit buffs for Ambush for Subtlety removed.
3) stun diminishing returns now apply to gouge.
4) recuperate MASSIVELY nerfed and can no longer be improved through talents.
5) Cold Blood removed from Assassination spec--no more automatic crits.
6) Recuperate no longer refreshed for subtlety spec.
7) hemo bleed no longer works for Sanguinary Veins debuff. You must apply garrote or rupture.
8) all specs much slower due to energy regen reductions. This is especially true for Assassination, which is now the slowest playing spec in the game for any class.

Add to this the buffs that many other classes got, and you have a bad situation for rogues. And this is just a few things off the top of my head. There are dozens more critical nerfs. Most of the top rogues have quit the class and rerolled warrior or feral. Reckfull, a legendary rogue, quit because of the changes.

Look at the PVP arena ladders and count how many rogues are in the top brackets. Last time I checked, I could not find a single one. Not one in any of the three divisions. Now check and see how many warriors you see. Compare that to the number of rogues. What does that tell us?

Go to any of the sites that compare the number of players in different classes by popularity for PVP playstyle. You will find rogues at the bottom. In many, they are so unpopular as to not even be displayed.

Here's one example: http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

For PVP, Rogues are in the worst place they have ever been in this game.
Edited by Senate on 11/29/2012 4:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
3 months man...

Why would you necro a thread about nerfs from last expansion?
Edited by Atheric on 11/30/2012 2:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
I had been up all night. I didn't notice the date.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
In my Opinion Rogues are completely nerfed... I love my rogue but seriously there are way to many classes that have the ability to DPS and Heal effectively. Rogue are a pure DPS class and they have below average DPS with the weakest armor out of any class (Cloth wearers have magic armor and crazy CC). I mean come on atleast give us a couple skills to get out of stuns and fear. How about giving us a passive skill that cuts the times for these spells in half or make it so we cant be feared twice within a min or something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Damage:

Step 1. Look at our rogue's dps in our logs
Step 2. Look up how to play your class
Step 3. Quit whining

PvP Survivability:

Step 1. Use Paralytic Poison to mix in with your normal stuns
Step 2. Learn how to manage said stuns
Step 3. Shut up and kill things before they kill you

Have a nice day
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Damage:Step 1. Look at our rogue's dps in our logsStep 2. Look up how to play your classStep 3. Quit whiningPvP Survivability:Step 1. Use Paralytic Poison to mix in with your normal stunsStep 2. Learn how to manage said stunsStep 3. Shut up and kill things before they kill youHave a nice day

This advice is clearly helping the rogues of WoW, as seen by the % in arena ladders.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Oh I'm sorry, I should add a disclaimer to it : "May not help obtain higher rating"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Exactly.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Step 2. Look up how to play your class

Cuz watching Youtube videos makes you learn how to play your class.. Right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Admitting how you research yours? Lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We research ours using Twitch.tv streams.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/10/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Dìavolo
Admitting how you research yours? Lol

Hell I don't even research anything about my class. I learn by experience.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]