5.0 Shadow Dance

100 Undead Rogue
Please tell me there's a way to disable it from just using my stealth bar and instead go back to how it was?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Nope. Stance Macros don't help either. ^.^
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Was removing the shadowdance bar intentional or bug? Because at the moment it makes playing sub almost impossible. And I would rather not have to go back to using macros.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Guess sub is out then. I really don't know how they could take an already bad UI decision with Shadow Dance, one that's existed for years, that people have adjusted to and made work in one way or another and then they somehow make it even worse.

Using the stealth bar is the dumbest thing of dumbest things that could have ever been done.

Unless of course you don't happen to have any of your main moves in the same spot as your main stealth moves of course.

I've never wanted to quit so badly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
You can create a separate bar if you use Bartender to substitute as a stealth bar but....yeah...why did blizzard think this was a good idea....sigh
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I don't use addons and I refuse to use addons to play a game that should be playable without them.

A small part of me wants to hope this is a bug, but the rest of me knows it was intentional and won't be changed.

Such a huge flaw just completely shut down any fun I could have had on my rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I don't use addons and I refuse to use addons to play a game that should be playable without them.

A small part of me wants to hope this is a bug, but the rest of me knows it was intentional and won't be changed.

Such a huge flaw just completely shut down any fun I could have had on my rogue.

That's sad. As far as pvp with the exception of kick/recup my shadowdance bar was the same. I don't see how this will greatly impact anyone
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
how did you get your sdance bar to work on bartender? When I went to my sdance bar on the config under stance config it says stealth/shadow dance now and still just uses my stealth bar.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
08/28/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Stabynarwhal
That's sad. As far as pvp with the exception of kick/recup my shadowdance bar was the same. I don't see how this will greatly impact anyone

I seriously hope you're trolling.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
My main bar, as it has been since I started leveling, I pretty much put moves on as I got them, looks like

Hemo/SS, Backstab(Ambush when dancing)/Mut, Gouge, Evis, CoS, Blind, Rupture, KS, Vanish, Stealth, Kick, Evasion

which with the exception of one or two aren't on my stealth bar which is

Distract, CS, Premed, Garrote, CoS, Pick Pocket, Sap, Stealth/Mount, Ambush.

So, if I want to use Shadow Dance I have to make a major overhaul and find room for everything on my bars and/or new hot keys.

Sure, there are people out there who will be fine but there are a lot of people who like me, will have to change a lot.

I just don't see why they had to change something broken into something even more broken, further limiting the use of either Stealth or Main action bar.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Im having a similar problem. I doubt any rogue serious about sub used the exact same setup for shadow dance as they did for stealth. With macros, you can fix some of the issue, but if you had modifiers on any of your skills, they are incompatible with the stance macros, and thus you're sol unless you can find/familiarize yourself with additional keybinds for them.

This was a poorly thought out change and only serves to make things more difficult for subtlety.
Edited by Tyiako on 8/28/2012 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Leave it to Blizzard to try to fix what isn't broken.
Reply Quote
7 Tauren Warrior
Guess sub is out then. I really don't know how they could take an already bad UI decision with Shadow Dance, one that's existed for years, that people have adjusted to and made work in one way or another and then they somehow make it even worse.

Using the stealth bar is the dumbest thing of dumbest things that could have ever been done.

Unless of course you don't happen to have any of your main moves in the same spot as your main stealth moves of course.

I've never wanted to quit so badly.

This about sums it up.

Instead of playing the new patch, we're sitting here for literally hours trying to figure out what in the hell to do with the bars. I don't even want to play the game anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I probably could have handled this thread better. It is possible that this is a bug (not likely since it's a known issue). I just don't think it is. I can dream.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
08/28/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Knocrogue

Stance macros do help.

Stuff like

#showtooltip [stance:0/1/2]Shadowmeld; [stance:3] Cheap shot
/cast [stance:3] !premeditation
/cast [stance:3] !cheap shot
/cast [nomod,stance:0] !eviscerate
/cast [mod:shift,stance:1/2/3,@focus] !Sap
/cast [mod:shift,stance:0] Rupture

Being evis out of stealth, premed cheapshot in stealth. Shift + bind is focus sap in stealth and rupture out of stealth.
Edited by Nahjx on 8/28/2012 5:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Making an entire bar of macros helps the problem, but I'm still angry that I now need to delete some other macros just to make room for all this nonsense.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
08/28/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Nahjx

Stance macros do help.

Stuff like

#showtooltip [stance:0/1/2]Shadowmeld; [stance:3] Cheap shot
/cast [stance:3] !premeditation
/cast [stance:3] !cheap shot
/cast [nomod,stance:0] !eviscerate
/cast [mod:shift,stance:1/2/3,@focus] !Sap
/cast [mod:shift,stance:0] Rupture

Being evis out of stealth, premed cheapshot in stealth. Shift + bind is focus sap in stealth and rupture out of stealth.

This doesn't seem to work if you have a single key perform multiple functions in any specific stance(by use of modifiers) for any stance that isnt stance 0.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Really frustrating that this wasn't in the notes and I have never noticed this requested anywhere. Most serious players have drastically different setups from stealth to dance. Please change this back Blizz or make it an option.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
08/28/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Gloomonger
Really frustrating that this wasn't in the notes and I have never noticed this requested anywhere.

This is the result of all the "I either have to use an addon or try to set up my bar for a few seconds every minute on Shadow Dance" Q.Q

Yep, that's right, they took a minor problem, and made it into a bigger pain in the butt.

GG Blizz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]