5.0 Shadow Dance

100 Night Elf Rogue
08/28/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Nahjx
All I did was modify the stances and or modifiers on some lines and change which skills are being used. I removed the specified tooltip. What am I doing wrong?

All I did was modify the stances and or modifiers on some lines and change which skills are being used. I removed the specified tooltip. What am I doing wrong?

I believe the error was in the !'s I didn't mean to link in the macro I copy and pasted. I never took them out from my beta wtf folder from when all macros were broken without a ! in beta around when the level cap was 86.

Try this instead and if that doesn't work I don't want to be that guy, but make sure the modifiers aren't bound elsewhere and that your focus/self cast keys (on the combat tab of settings) are on none.

I did come up with my own work around after fooling with some things...

#showtooltip
/cast [stance:3] !ambush
/cast [stance:2] !ambush
/cast [nomod,stance:0] !hemorrhage
/cast [mod:alt,stance:0] !backstab
/cast [mod:alt,stance:/2/3] !hemorrhage
/cast [mod:shift,stance:0/2/3] !Fan of knives

I'll give yours a shot. Either way, I agree that macros, while viable, are a very clunky workaround to a problem that didn't really exist. All they really had to do was implement a way to look at the Shadow Dance bar for customization...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Have they said anything more on Shadow Dance?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If you use Dominos it's been fixed to still flip to a seperate shadow dance bar as of last night.
Reply Quote
The dance bar was so mandatory that as soon as I found out I went Assass. Didn't even try sub in a bg.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
08/29/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Tyiako
I'll give yours a shot. Either way, I agree that macros, while viable, are a very clunky workaround to a problem that didn't really exist. All they really had to do was implement a way to look at the Shadow Dance bar for customization...

If that doesn't work just try having 2 macros I guess and having one for out of stealth and then have a stance:1/2 for stealth stance:3 for dance on your stealth bar.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Works fine for me. everything fits
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Bump
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
If anyone who uses bartender (and I assume it would work with some other bar mods) and is looking for a solution to this I just made a post here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6470847374

Edit: But now my vanish is using my shadow dance bar...
Edited by Orimos on 8/30/2012 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I feel like the only rogue that used an addon before this patch so that my stealth bar and shadow dance bar could be the same. Now i don't need bartender to have my stealth bar and shadow dance bar the same. On a side note, majority of you are being dramatic from my point of view.
Reply Quote
Greetings, fellow rogues! I am trying to get all the rogues of the community bumping for a sticky in one thread and commenting their support to get rid of this new shadow dance/stealth bar lunacy.

The link to the thread is below. I have requested a sticky on this thread as well :) We need all the support we can to hope Blizz makes this change

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6470847561#1
Reply Quote
08/28/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Sheevah
Yep, that's right, they took a minor problem, and made it into a bigger pain in the butt.

Think of it this way, those players all got this change passed by making noise, why not we do the same? Bump this thread for a sticky, let's try and get some blue posts in here to hopefully either give us a final answer of "yes we'll fix it" or "no it's final" or to at least get Blizz to know that we would like it changed back so they can put it on their little to do list, hopefully
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I made a new shadowdance bar. It's currently setup as bar 2.

/swapactionbar 1 2
/cast Shadow dance

After my dance is over I just hit the keybind again and my bars go back to normal. It's annoying, but definitely better than making a ton of stance macros.
Reply Quote
My fellow rogues, a solution has been found for our Shadow Dance issue! Props to Orimos for figuring this out. Below is the link to his thread where he shares how he configured his Bartender to work with the new state configurations.

NOTE: There is one minor problem, when you pop vanish, for the 3 seconds of the Vanish buff, your bar will be stuck on your Shadow Dance bar, but it'll go back to your stealth bar after the buff expires.

Link is below:
http://us.battle.net:80/wow/en/forum/topic/6470847374?page=1

Please request a sticky+share it so as to help the other rogues within the community!
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
ya this is abosulutely dumb, not playing til they fixes. no way im re-doing all my binds and having to set up again i had perfected my set up
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'd just like some confirmation from a blue somewhere that this is what they want and why.

I feel like Rogues have been ignored all beta because we were already "well designed". Then they proceeded to tear that design down and break everything with no warning.

I feel like it went

Rogues have a lot of control, that's their kit.

Rogues have too much control so we're nerfing their control and buffing their damage to make up for it.

Rogues have too much damage so we're nerfing their damage and buffing their control.

Like, they just can't make up their mind.

I'm also getting fairly sick of having to learn a completely new game every expansion. I don't know why Blizzard feels the new to completely redo everything from the ground up instead of just adding a move or two and some new levels. It really doesn't feel like the same game. It feels like a new game and that's a bad thing imo.

Expansions should just be a large patch, not redefine every class. Overtime all that happens is older players get angry about their classes getting nerfed/changed and they quit.

All that being said, I do like a lot of the changes, there's just too many and a lot of huge problems. I can't help but feel like it will be months if ever before a blue says anything about Shadow Dance. "OH SORRY GUYS, DIDN'T KNOW" or "SORRY, WE WERE TRYING TO THINK UP A GOOD REASON FOR THE CHANGE".

I really don't see why they couldn't talk about such a huge change prior to releasing it. It's not like it's that hard for players to set up their Shadow Dance bar like their Stealth bar if they want.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Bartender has reverted the change they made to the state configuration options and you can once again set separate bars for stealth and shadow dance without needed macros or custom conditions.
Reply Quote
Bump
For separate bars.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
This is my Spammable Sap Macro. I use it on the same key as kidney shot. Stealth bar is sap macro and dance is kidney shot. Can someone please tell me how i can keep the same button with a correct macro. I have tried using stance macros with the /cast [stance:1/2/3] kidney shot. But unfortunatly it will also clear my target. If anyone knows a way around this issue please inform me thanks.

#showtooltip Sap
/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast sap
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]