Topic 5.0 Shadow Dance
Guess sub is out then. I really don't know how they could take an already bad UI decision with Shadow Dance, one that's existed for years, that people have adjusted to and made work in one way or another and then they somehow make it even worse.
Using the stealth bar is how it should have been in the first place. We've just all gotten used to it and now we have to rebind everything, rearrange stuff in our stealth bar, and relearn some muscle memory.
Calm down. It's better this way. Less inherent lag. More intuitive to the new user.
Here you are saying the original Shadow Dance UI was a terrible decision. They change it. And now you want to quit. Dude -- when did Rogues become such crybabies?
Change your keybinds and bask in the glory that is they finally changed it (Albeit 4 years later)
Edited by Metals on 9/9/12 10:47 AM (PDT)
I tried (after 5.04 was released) using stance modifiers in my macros and they didn't seem to work, but clearly I'll have to re-investigate that in lieu of other players' reported successes. As an alternative, I have been using combat modifiers --- [nocombat] and [combat] --- to the same effect.
Edited by Necrachilles on 9/9/12 6:10 PM (PDT)
Why would you need an addon? All you had to do was put all your stealth moves on your shadow dance bar. If you weren't so lazy, you wouldn't need an addon. I really don't see your point.
Because everyone has the same stealth/main bar right? I argue that the Shadow Dance bar should have been the way it was, not how it currently is. Since, you know, it doesn't actually put you in stealth, just let's you use your stealth abilities as per the tooltip.
...allowing the use of abilities that ordinarily require Stealth.
I mean, you really don't understand do you. I can't simply "rearrange stuff". If I do, I won't be able to use them in stealth. If I don't, I suffer out of stealth when dance is active. I don't have room nor the desire to make 10 macros to play my class (I literally have no room). If I move everything to a side bar and off the main bar, then I lose the ability to use those hotkeys for stealth or for shadow dance. Finally, I'm not downloading an addon. That's stupid.
I'm about to break it down to you why it's actually worse and punch holes in your arguement.
1) It's not better. If you want it to be the same bar as your stealth bar, you could have done that. Now, you don't have a choice in the matter.
2) Less lag, maybe. Maybe that's because of changes to the game as a whole and not just Shadow Dance though. You don't know.
3) The only people this benefits are people who were too lazy to set up their Shadow Dance bar in the first place.
4) You get Shadow Dance at level 80 IF you're sub. Now, as a new user, WoW automatically puts all your new moves on your main bar. You have room for 12. Let's assume, the new user (you know, supposed to be easier for them right?) doesn't move them from where they are. Their bar would look like, in order:
Sinister Strike/Hemorrhage, Eviscerate, Stealth, Evasion, Slice and Dice, Recuperate, Kick, Gouge, Sprint, Distract, Vanish, and Blind.
Those are the first 12 abilities (not including racials or possibly Deadly Throw) that would be put on your bar.
Now, your Stealth bar, just for good measure, would look like:
Ambush, Sap, Pick Pocket, Cheap Shot, Premeditation, Garrote, Shadow Walk, and Shroud of Concealment.
Obviously I don't know exactly which abilities would go on what bar so I left out the ones I didn't think would but this is the order in which you get the abilities, all before you get Shadow Dance.
As you can see, you couldn't be more wrong.
1) I didn't say terrible, I said bad (aka having to spam shadow dance to set the bar up, least at first)
2) Looking at your achievements, you haven't played your rogue nearly as much as I have or for nearly as long. So, you really wouldn't understand.
3) Nice insult. Did you run out of relevant things to say?
If only it were that simple. Besides, late change isn't always good change. This change was just awful.
There's also some good stuff in this thread in regards to RNG and talents.
Considering Blizzards utter silence with rogues I doubt we'll see this fixed any time soon if not at all.
Leave it to Blizzard to change something that isn't broken
If it's a bug, leave it to blizzard to ignore every single bug report thread on it.
Dude, have you really?
I've been using my 2nd action bar for misc stuff. Like my professions and crap. This change, forcing me to use that bar for dance, is actually quite annoying. :'(