healers do you prefer priest or shamans?

50 Human Priest
Priests are the best choice of healer and not because they are good and the others are bad. Its because they have two specs. Its the safest bet as far as having a decent healer. I play this game to heal so having a decent healer is important to me. I don't want to drag down my raid by playing the healing class that the developers forgot about this development cycle. More than likely, one of the two healing specs that priests have will be decent enough so I don't feel guilty playing it in a raid.

I like the priest spells better than the shaman spells too though if shamans had two specs and priests one, shaman would be the best healing class.
Reply Quote
34 Blood Elf Priest
What level does atonement activate?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Whichever healer im currently on is the one I prefer
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
No matter what I prefer my shammy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Shaman all the way and forever.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Is a tough call really. I've been raid healing on my Shaman since late-ish Wrath and all the way through Cataclysm. Lately however I've been playing a Priest (Holy).
The Priest seems more complete to me, with tools to cover all occasions and the talent/glyphs seem more solid. Comparatively, the Shaman seems a bit lost right now and has holes in it's toolkit that the Priest doesn't. Priests have mobility, strong direct and AoE heals, aren't burdened by inconvenient CD times and have a heal for pretty much every occasion. Priests have even taken the in-combat mana regen away from Shaman (formerly via Telluric Currents) with either Mindbender or PW: Solace, while Shaman now have to rely on stronger in-combat regen via Spirit stacking or a lengthy CD (Mana Tide Totem). The two classes have swapped places there, and Mindbender is absurdly strong.

Subjectively, I prefer my Shaman as he's been my main for a while now and I'm attached to him. Objectively, my Priest is the healer with the most potential I feel.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]