Thoughts on MoP tomorrow.

90 Undead Rogue
I started playing WoW right after BC hit.
This was my first character.
This is still my main.

With WotLK and Cata, I was really excited about rogue changes and really looking forward to the expansion.

With MoP, I feel none of this. Maybe I'm a little burnt out, but I personally feel that the rogue trees look horrible. I don't like the new talent tree style in general, but I don't like ANY of the choices given to me in the rogue trees. With each tier, I feel like I either I don't care about the choices or I'm having to pick between two things that I really want (if not just losing abilities I've come to rely on).

What say you?

Am I just burnt out, or does MoP look bad for rogues?

Are any rogues here looking forward to MoP? If so, why?
Edited by Hork on 8/27/2012 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
Well I'm going to log on tomorrow, set up and practice my new skills and perhaps get in a raid or do some 5-mans. At that point I'll decide if the sky is falling.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
No I'm pretty bummed out about MoP changes and that is why I'm switching my main to Monk.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'll play a Rogue until Blizzard removes them from the game.

Shame on you "rogues" for not having some pride in your class.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
This game has changed so much since Vanilla it's not even funny. However, if there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's to just adapt or be left behind. Sometimes xpac's or patches bring great changes, other times not so much.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I have 5 years of uninterrupted rogue experience and I've seen my share of nerfs and buffs. I don't really feel like this is either a nerf or a buff; it's just change for the sake of change.

Tomorrow I'll:
* Try to find add-on updates
* Re-configure my bars
* Reforge
* Do an LFR with my guild to see how things are

I'll test different spec options until I find what works best for different situations. I'll keep playing because my guildies are important to me. I'll adapt.

I'm not abandoning my class, though I have no idea what pride I'm supposed to have in class changes that disappoint me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
It's a game, if rogues don't interest you too much anymore then you're free to play something else.

I just never found any of the other classes interesting, so I'll be sticking around.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
It's a game, if rogues don't interest you too much anymore then you're free to play something else.

I just never found any of the other classes interesting, so I'll be sticking around.

I understood that WoW is a game and that as a player, I am free to play other classes. In fact, I am quite proficient at discerning between reality and fiction and I do play other classes. I'm really not sure why you felt it necessary to tell me that, but it was rather condescending of you. I was simply expressing my blasé attitude about the upcoming changes and looking for other rogues' feelings about what is happening in order to determine whether my experience is greatly deviating from the norm.

I'd like to point out that me not being happy with the upcoming changes as compared to previous expansions is not equivalent to me disparaging the entire rogue class.

As to other classes, I do like healing on my priest and tanking on my warrior. The rogue has just always been my favorite and, as I said before, I will adapt to the changes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'll be looking around at the changes.

Somewhat excited to see Crimson Tempest and I'll finally free up 8~10 bag slots with the poison changes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Actually im looking forward to playing some combat rogue pvp!!!!!
Rogues may become more skill based then ever which I like :)
However I didn't like sub being GUTTED. Not even really a spec anymore (personal opinion).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I find it cute that people jump ship because of the Sub changes. lol It wasn't even the real PvP spec until this expac, and they're all of a sudden "NOOOO, WTF SUB! I BEEN PLAYING SUB FOR 8 YEARS". No, you really haven't, and if you were you were bad. We'll be fine, and the changes will likely end up being better overall.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
08/27/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Blacksad
I find it cute that people jump ship because of the Sub changes. lol It wasn't even the real PvP spec until this expac, and they're all of a sudden "NOOOO, WTF SUB! I BEEN PLAYING SUB FOR 8 YEARS". No, you really haven't, and if you were you were bad. We'll be fine, and the changes will likely end up being better overall.

A straw man and ad hominem in one post. Well done, well done.

Outside of AR/Prep hybrids, I do believe sub has been dominating in PVP since TBC. I don't feel like sub has been gutted, though. I'll be sad to lose prep, but I prefer BG PVP and there's no way I'm parting with shadowstep.

I'm sure everything will be ok in the end and that Blizz will tweak numbers until we have competitive DPS and PVP specs (maybe even more than one of each). But does anyone really look at the lvl 30 and 60 talents and get a warm fuzzy feeling? And that is effectively 1/3 of our spec customization right there.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Eh I have every class at end-game level - I'm gonna level a monk just because I like alts but nothing can ever replace my Rogues. I'm hyped as hell for changes - changes make an MMO worthwhile. This is the only game I play so I don't want it stagnant!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
08/27/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Sef
Eh I have every class at end-game level - I'm gonna level a monk just because I like alts but nothing can ever replace my Rogues. I'm hyped as hell for changes - changes make an MMO worthwhile. This is the only game I play so I don't want it stagnant!

Well, that's a positive outlook. I'll take a page from your book tomorrow.
Reply Quote
08/27/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Blacksad
and the changes will likely end up being better overall.

Finally someone who doesn't complain for the sake of complaining!

And he is right. It wasn't until this xpac that sub and the whole prep step way of pvp became what it is now. The sky is not falling silly Rogues, roll with the punches and stop whining. We have always been a strong and adaptable class and these changes wont affect that. Enjoy the quirks the new talents and mechanics will offer and be glad we are still one of the least affected by all the changes happening.
Edited by Aedrik on 8/27/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I think the general response I'm getting here is that rogues are fine and that I'm a noob crying over the death of the sub spec. I guess with all the bragging and whining that goes on here, it's reasonable to be pigeonholed and I was rather negative in my OP.

Since I think I've outgrown my noob status and I realize it is impossible to ask an open ended question here without that being levied at me, I'll just take this as confirmation that I'm burnt out on this game.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
08/27/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Hork
I think the general response I'm getting here is that rogues are fine and that I'm a noob crying over the death of the sub spec.

I don't think it's you.

I think that the first twelve thousand people that ran to this forum to cry that rogues were doomed have just left an overwhelmingly bad taste in most of the posters mouths.

However, you might just be getting bored with WoW. I think a lot of people are getting to that point.
Edited by Sheevah on 8/27/2012 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

I understood that WoW is a game and that as a player, I am free to play other classes. In fact, I am quite proficient at discerning between reality and fiction and I do play other classes. I'm really not sure why you felt it necessary to tell me that, but it was rather condescending of you. I was simply expressing my blasé attitude about the upcoming changes and looking for other rogues' feelings about what is happening in order to determine whether my experience is greatly deviating from the norm.

I'd like to point out that me not being happy with the upcoming changes as compared to previous expansions is not equivalent to me disparaging the entire rogue class.

As to other classes, I do like healing on my priest and tanking on my warrior. The rogue has just always been my favorite and, as I said before, I will adapt to the changes.

Of course every post in this thread is directed at you personally. >_>

It can't be like, a generalization, or anything.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
08/27/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Sheevah
I think the general response I'm getting here is that rogues are fine and that I'm a noob crying over the death of the sub spec.

I don't think it's you.

I think that the first twelve thousand people that ran to this forum to cry that rogues were doomed have just left an overwhelmingly bad taste in most of the posters mouths.

However, you might just be getting bored with WoW. I think a lot of people are getting to that point.

Ah, that makes sense, thanks. I tend to avoid the forums. Though reasonable posters do exist and I enjoy talking to them (and some QQ is entertaining), I find the endless elitism and posturing tiresome.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Of course every post in this thread is directed at you personally. >_>

It can't be like, a generalization, or anything.

Sheevah said the same thing with none of the sarcasm. I don't know if it is your intent, but you certainly don't come across as a very pleasant person.
Edited by Hork on 8/27/2012 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]