Runic Empowerment vs Runic Corruption?

85 Orc Death Knight
Not sure what to go with here, they both seem like decent talents, however if you can keep RC up for a long time it seems like it could outweigh RE. Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
I dunno bout that PvP stuff, but RE I believe is the optimal choice.

But I'm probably wrong and someone's gonna call me a nerd and make fun of me.

edit: RC as in the one that makes your runes regen faster. I don't know what it is, someone correct me.
Edited by Jäckßäuer on 8/28/2012 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Thanks for the info...I won't make fun of you. <3 Nerds gotta stick together.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Runic Empowerment for Frost, Runic Corruption for Unholy. Frost requires on the spot Runes while Unholy is all about haste.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
08/28/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Pants
Runic Empowerment for Frost, Runic Corruption for Unholy. Frost requires on the spot Runes while Unholy is all about haste.

Ty sir for the clarification. =D
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Good point Panem...I'll prolly wind up doing some testing with both to see which I feel is better for my playstyle.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
They're all within 3%, but sims are going to tell you

Frost - RE
Unholy - BT
Blood - everyone is going to disagree because it's a sim that models tanking. Know the (dis)advantages of each and pick accordingly:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1101556-DK-MoP-Beta-Class-Changes?p=18185372&viewfull=1#post18185372
Edited by Euliat on 8/28/2012 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
They're all within 3%, but sims are going to tell you

Frost - RE
Unholy - BT
Blood - everyone is going to disagree because it's a sim that models tanking. Know the (dis)advantages of each and pick accordingly:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1101556-DK-MoP-Beta-Class-Changes?p=18185372&viewfull=1#post18185372

Really liking RC for Frost at the moment

allows you to go full tilt mastery and the haste regen buff stacks (got it up to 12 seconds)

so almost constantly running with 4.43 rune regen
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
RE for Frost
RC for Unholy
BT if you are having downtime issues
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
i know its a little old but i was just searching around and came across this, tested a bit and figured i'd add my own 2 cents.

now i am speaking ONLY for my experience as a master frost dual-wield DK and only for PvP situations.

anyhow the results of my testing thus far show that Runic Corruption ( Rune generation speed) is more useful than Runic Empowerment ( activate random fully depleted rune).

the reason i say this is if you look closely at how i explained RE, and in the tooltip it says a RANDOM fully depleted rune. this means if you are using all of your runes (as you shoudl be) then you have a 1/3 or about 33% chance of getting an unholy rune activated.. as a master frost DK im not very fond of plague strike, yes i use it but its my lowest priority. this talent would most likely be more useful for the 2H Frost build where your main ability is obliterate, tho i would probably still go with RC over RE

now RC on the other hand, since you're pumping out so many frost strike you keep this active for most of your encounter and this regens ALL of your runes at this increased speed, not just 1 rune, meaning you can even reforge OUT of haste (i dont recommend it but you "can") and still have a decent regen rate because of the procs.

personally i will be sticking with RC over RE for DW-frost-DK PvP.

i hope this helps clear it up for somebody :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/26/2014 09:15 AMPosted by Crazywalker
im sure the people in 2012 that were discussing this are grateful. don't necro threads
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
01/26/2014 09:21 AMPosted by Kusari
01/26/2014 09:15 AMPosted by Crazywalker
im sure the people in 2012 that were discussing this are grateful. don't necro threads

dont be rude, im trying to help out.. as i said in the post i came across this by trying to research which was better (via google)
it was the 1st option so its likely to get 1-2 more views before it becomes obsolete. there was no definite answer for which is better/preferred so i put in my 2 cents.

this info is still completely relevant so i see no need for your arrogance and attempted flaming of this post.

thank you kindly, and let me know when u go ally ;)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Og
01/26/2014 11:22 PMPosted by Crazywalker
dont be rude, im trying to help out
then don't necro 2012 posts
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
His guild name doesn't lie.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
the topic is still very relevant today, and the choice between the 2 talents isnt an easy one.

the purpose of forums is to gather and contribute information. like i did here

and like i said, a google search yeilded this as the very 1st result.. so its likely more will come here even today..

2012 wasnt that long ago, get off ur high horse and gtf on somewhere
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/27/2014 05:11 PMPosted by Crazywalker
2012 wasnt that long ago
its essentially two years ago. thats a long time. necromancy is frowned upon for a reason. it ruins the regular flow of the forum with outdated or trivial information. in your case you have added nothing to the discussion that couldnt have been answered by simply reading the 100 other threads on this topic

the purpose of forums is to gather and contribute information. like i did here
further discussion in this thread was not needed seeing as the people asking the question obviously got their answer about 2 years ago.

and like i said, a google search yeilded this as the very 1st result.. so its likely more will come here even today..
and yet only you chose to take time to contribute information. theres a reason for that.

the topic is still very relevant today, and the choice between the 2 talents isnt an easy one.
nobody runs RE in pvp. its Runic Corruption or blood tap for control. let old threads stay dead
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
dont be rude, im trying to help out
then don't necro 2012 posts
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Simply put, as unholy for example.
1 coil (32 rune power) = 2/5ths of a death rune (fully depleted)
1 coil (32 rune power) = 45% chance, of 9 seconds (if applicable) off all your runes (4.5 sec if 50%) (ex, 1/2 of a rune) If your rune speed is 10, this ability downscales as haste goes up, its likely 2.5 sec for most people, so its even worse.
1 coil (32 rune power) = 45% chance at a rune (1/2 a rune by the same scale)

Simply put with perfect application of procing your runes at the correct time, without going over rune power cap, and not proccing a free deathcoil at a bad time, corruption is the best. The issue is you proc death coils, you might not have 3 fully depleted runes, or (atleast pvp) be forced to convert runes to death at an un-optimal rate (ex, being forced to chains of ice for a slow) that in practice, you'll never get the full benefit of the other talents. Blood tap is simply the best. Frost is another story as coiling from range instead of frost strike is a dps loss, and it has a higher runepower cost.

If the questions pvp, blood tap is just simply the best, 1000x more so if you control blood tap charges yourself, instead of macroing them in randomly (Which you should)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]