SlamAndAwe v2.1 (Fury/Prot/Arms addon)

90 Human Warrior
I gotta say wow, just by tracking enrage uptime it makes it easier to tell if new gear is better
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I'll fix that tonight. You can always type /saa enable to turn it on without going through the gui.

I did prot first since I'm a fury/prot war, and the addon was already built around fury so it was an easy update. I have ideas for Arms, but it probably won't be till closer to MoP release.

The enrage icon might have changed with 5.0, I'll take a look and fix if that is indeed the case.
Edited by Constabull on 9/7/2012 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Posted by Elrith
I like using this even for arms, and it's getting really annoying to have this mod ask me to disable it every single time I zone in to a new instance.

Hmm, haven't seen this reported. I'll look into it.

I noticed this as well, when I solo instances, I do it in arms, and swap into fury if I feel like it. When I zone out the same message appears.

Still, truly, a great addon. Full respect for all the work you are putting into it for us warriors. :D
Edited by Animä on 9/7/2012 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I'll fix that tonight. You can always type /saa enable to turn it on without going through the gui.

I did prot first since I'm a fury/prot war, and the addon was already built around fury so it was an easy update. I have ideas for Arms, but it probably won't be till closer to MoP release.

The enrage icon might have changed with 5.0, I'll take a look and fix if that is indeed the case.
Awesome, good to know. Thank you for your efforts.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Spec change warnings really only occur if you change to Arms, at least until Arms is fully supported.

v2.0.14:

-Adds an option to disable the spec change warnings completely, and cleaned up some of the spec change prompt misfires.

-Whirlwind and raging wind options added to priority list.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
09/07/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Constabull
v2.0.14:

I have Glyph of Unending Rage which means my Rage goes to 120.

How much of a pain would it be for SlamAndAwe to support this?
  • The floating Rage bar should go up to the Warrior's max Rage, detecting whether it is 100 or 120.
  • It would be great if there were an elegant way to make priority choices based on nearness to max Rage. A condition like "Rage > 110" works, but will stop working if I remove my glyph (or switch to a spec without the glyph).

I'm liking the addon so far; just mentioning things on my mind.
Edited by Inushi on 9/7/2012 5:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
that glyph is kinda bad because few occurences in current DS do you cap rage..you should almost never cap it
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Yes I would think glyph of bullrush is better for more immediate rage, you'll need more rage initially than you would that extra 20 I'd think.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
09/07/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Iwiperaids
that glyph is kinda bad because few occurences in current DS do you cap rage..you should almost never cap it

09/07/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Elrith
Yes I would think glyph of bullrush is better for more immediate rage, you'll need more rage initially than you would that extra 20 I'd think.

Really, this is hardly relevant to discussion of the addon.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
09/07/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Inushi
v2.0.14:

I have Glyph of Unending Rage which means my Rage goes to 120.

How much of a pain would it be for SlamAndAwe to support this?
  • The floating Rage bar should go up to the Warrior's max Rage, detecting whether it is 100 or 120.
  • It would be great if there were an elegant way to make priority choices based on nearness to max Rage. A condition like "Rage > 110" works, but will stop working if I remove my glyph (or switch to a spec without the glyph).

I'm liking the addon so far; just mentioning things on my mind.

It already supports the glyph.. as for the HS threshold going up to 120. If you have the glyph active when you log in you can adjust the HS threshold all the way to 120.

If you didn't have it active the max you can do is 100 till you relog.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
v2.0.15
-Shield absorb estimate is now part of the shield barrier bar.

When in combat the shield bar will appear. The left hand number is the current absorb amount remaining, the right hand number is the estimated absorb amount if you used shield barrier at that moment (0 when <20 rage).

When barrier is active the bar color reflects the duration. When the estimated absorb size is larger than the current absorb, the text is in green (or when no absorb is active).

You can see an example here: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8176/7953692710_f50e113a12_z.jpg

-When in Protection spec the rage bar will turn green at 60 rage.
-Added shield wall timer bars.
-Rage bar can now be disabled, and does not function when the addon is disabled (the permanent option was removed).
-Added options to disable spec change warnings, and cleaned them up in general.
Edited by Constabull on 9/7/2012 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
btw this addon is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo Awesome. makes me think there is hope for hordies. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Can't wait to try this out!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
It already supports the glyph.. as for the HS threshold going up to 120. If you have the glyph active when you log in you can adjust the HS threshold all the way to 120.

The on-screen rage bar still only goes up to 100; if you have 120 rage the little "spark" that marks your rage goes and floats off in mid-air off the end of the bar.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
09/07/2012 10:23 PMPosted by Inushi

Really, this is hardly relevant to discussion of the addon.

my statement was totally relevant as it would means OP would have to adjust an add on on something thats not even supposed to be used anyhow. im simply trying to make things easier for him by putting out information to people so they dont come asking for silly things.

discussing which is better do this or that like the quote below mine, ill agree.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
09/08/2012 04:08 AMPosted by Inushi

The on-screen rage bar still only goes up to 100; if you have 120 rage the little "spark" that marks your rage goes and floats off in mid-air off the end of the bar.

Are you in Arms? I've tested it again (with fury at and prot), adding the glyph, removing the glyph all seems to work correctly when the bar is full (100 or 120 depending)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
v2.0.16

Fixes recklessness bar (I typo'd on something)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Are you in Arms? I've tested it again (with fury at and prot), adding the glyph, removing the glyph all seems to work correctly when the bar is full (100 or 120 depending)

I have Prot and Fury specs. If I swap specs, the on-screen rage bar is still sized to 100 Rage.

If I remove Glyph of Unending Rage, the bar is sized to 100 Rage. If I re-add the glyph, the bar is sized to 100 Rage.

The rage text printed inside the bar goes to 120, but the problem is the bar "fills" at 100, and the end-of-bar spark reaches the end of the bar at 100, and goes past the end of the bar when Rage goes above 100.

For what it's worth, the glyph was on my toon when I first started using the addon, but removing it and re-adding the glyph doesn't seem to help.

Here's an imgur gallery: http://imgur.com/a/OnATN
  • the first screenshot shows an over-full rage bar as Fury, with the progress spark floating 20% off the end of the bar.
  • the second screenshot shows an over-full rage bar as Prot, with the progress spark floating 20% off the end of the bar.
  • the third screenshot shows an "98 Rage" bar as Prot; you can see that the progress spark positioned approximately at the 98% spot of the bar. That's wrong, it should be positioned at the 82% mark (==98/120), not at the 98% mark.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
09/08/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Iwiperaids
my statement was totally relevant as it would means OP would have to adjust an add on on something thats not even supposed to be used anyhow. im simply trying to make things easier for him by putting out information to people so they dont come asking for silly things.

Look, if you're trying to be an elitist jerk troll, you need to learn how to do it right. You're supposed to armory me and criticize my raid progress, or look at my screenshot and mock my UI, or something. Weak unsubstantiated claims about glyphs are just pathetic, especially when you haven't even figured out what spec I main.

Hint: My main spec is Prot. Pooling rage is valuable for Prot.

Second hint: I don't raid, and I especially don't raid as Fury, and I don't care two cents what an expert Fury player would use for glyphs. I am a clumsy Fury player, and I am smart enough to choose glyphs that will help compensate for my bad play.

But in order to let you have the last word, let me tell you: you have totally won, I am stunned by your godlike intelligence and sublime wisdom. Please don't say any more, I don't think I will even smart enough to grasp the words you put on the page, that's how dumb I am.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
inushi why did you just get so offended by me simply trying to provide helpful information? and if done correctly as prot, you dont cap, save for a few instances like black phase of zonozz before he attacks again, during hagara downtime, things like that while active a boss will not allow this to occur...dont get so huffy puffy if i was trying to troll i would armory you and find something wrong in it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]