SlamAndAwe v2.1 (Fury/Prot/Arms addon)

If I remove Glyph of Unending Rage, the bar is sized to 100 Rage. If I re-add the glyph, the bar is sized to 100 Rage.

The rage text printed inside the bar goes to 120, but the problem is the bar "fills" at 100, and the end-of-bar spark reaches the end of the bar at 100, and goes past the end of the bar when Rage goes above 100.

Digging through the code, one odd thing I see is that SlamAndAwe:GetGlyphInfo() and SlamAndAwe:HasGlyph(thisglyphid) only check glyph slots 4 through 6.

Which means that inside SlamAndAwe:SetTalentEffects(), hasrageglyph = SlamAndAwe:HasGlyph(58098) evaluates to nil

Things look much better if I change SlamAndAwe:HasGlyph to check all six slots:
function SlamAndAwe:HasGlyph(thisglyphid)
for i = 1, 6 do

With that change, hasrageglyph evaluates to true, and the Rage bar correctly sizes to match my Rage.

I don't know your code well, and don't know if this is the best fix. Also, SlamAndAwe:GetGlyphInfo() looks like it may have the same issue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I assumed minor glyphs were 1-3 and major glyphs were 4-6, but I suppose it could change depending.

I'll update to check all slots, thanks for the detailed feedback.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Should be fixed in v2.0.17

GetGlyphInfo is just for debugging purposes, though I'll update that as well.
Edited by Constabull on 9/8/2012 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Really liking this but...

1. Priority list seems pretty wonky. Telling me to use a non Bloodsurge Wild Strike when Blood Thirst or Berserker Rage are up seems messed up. Those are top priority when Colossus Smash is on cd so you can Raging Blow more. We should not be using Wild Strike as often as this addon tells us.

2. Updates very very slowly. I find myself standing there wasting cooldowns sometimes waiting for it to tell me to do something, and this is when other stuff is up. CLC Ret always knows what's coming next even when things are on cooldown or when a sudden priority change happens.

3. Lack of a box that tells you what you'll be using after the next ability like CLC Ret and CLC DK. This box seems to be occupied by a Heroic Strike bar.

Please don't be offended when I suggest you get help from the CLC Ret author on how to get the priorities to display more fluidly.
Edited by Delezie on 9/8/2012 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
To be honest, I love this program. I use it for the uptime tracker, giant effing rage bar, and the ciant CS bar. I can honestly say that I won't use a program to tell me what to do. However with that being said, I did try the addons suggested rotation and it seemed VERY rage efficent.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Really liking this but...

1. Priority list seems pretty wonky. Telling me to use a non Bloodsurge Wild Strike when Blood Thirst or Berserker Rage are up seems messed up. Those are top priority when Colossus Smash is on cd so you can Raging Blow more. We should not be using Wild Strike as often as this addon tells us.

2. Updates very very slowly. I find myself standing there wasting cooldowns sometimes waiting for it to tell me to do something, and this is when other stuff is up. CLC Ret always knows what's coming next even when things are on cooldown or when a sudden priority change happens.

3. Lack of a box that tells you what you'll be using after the next ability like CLC Ret and CLC DK. This box seems to be occupied by a Heroic Strike bar.

Please don't be offended when I suggest you get help from the CLC Ret author on how to get the priorities to display more fluidly.

1. I had bloodthirst configured incorrectly, it wasn't showing if you were > 30 rage. Beserker rage is under the condition you're not currently enraged, and is "off gcd" or between spells (during the swoosh). If you adjusted the cooldown threshold to 1.5 (not sure if you did or not), none of the "off gcd" abilities will show.

In terms of rotation, verify what you see for priority group 1 is showing up as so, and if not let me know if you think there's a bug somewhere. Otherwise the priority list follows the Simulationcraft.org APL, which is currently best estimate for ideal rotation on patchwerk style fight (in t14). You can adjust it as you see fit though.

2. Not sure what you mean by this, as it knows whats coming just as much as CLC Ret does, I just choose not to show it. Instead you adjust "what's coming" but changing the cooldown threshold. I don't like "seeing what's coming" so the default threshold is .5sec, so the icon that is displayed (.5sec before gcd is up) is the most accurate one.

3. See 2.

4. I'm definitely not offended and appreciate the input as it allows to me to explain why things are the way they are.
Edited by Constabull on 9/8/2012 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
v2.1.0

ARMS IS NOW SUPPORTED
It is based off priority group 3, please test it out and let me know.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Just Requesting if you could have an option to only display Rage bar when in combat.

Loving the addon though!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I haven't changed anything. Just downloaded it (v.2.0.16), turned of bars and stuff I disliked, and tried it out. It makes me use Wild Strike like it's better than Berserker Rage or Bloodthirst. I'd rather be using them when not on CD and not enraged so I can get more Raging Blow uptime, not some sort of ideal time that simulationcraft feels is best.

What I mean by "what's next" is:
Big box: what's next, aka the move you want to use right now > Small box: what's after that.

Both CLC Ret and DK both have this second box, you don't. Right now you have it as just a HS box and nothing more. I usually use that second box to give me a clue what's coming in 1-2 seconds. Having to rely on the one box that is constantly blank half the time, and then having to react to it asap is just way to fast for me. The box being blank half the time while it calculates the next move leads me to miss tons of GCD's. I can't just react, react, react on command like that without knowing ahead of time what I'll be using.

Is it just impossible to display it more fluidly like CLC because of a larger priority list than DK's and Rets?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I haven't changed anything. Just downloaded it (v.2.0.16), turned of bars and stuff I disliked, and tried it out. It makes me use Wild Strike like it's better than Berserker Rage or Bloodthirst. I'd rather be using them when not on CD and not enraged so I can get more Raging Blow uptime, not some sort of ideal time that simulationcraft feels is best.

What I mean by "what's next" is:
Big box: what's next, aka the move you want to use right now > Small box: what's after that.

Both CLC Ret and DK both have this second box, you don't. Right now you have it as just a HS box and nothing more. I usually use that second box to give me a clue what's coming in 1-2 seconds. Having to rely on the one box that is constantly blank half the time, and then having to react to it asap is just way to fast for me. The box being blank half the time while it calculates the next move leads me to miss tons of GCD's. I can't just react, react, react on command like that without knowing ahead of time what I'll be using.

Is it just impossible to display it more fluidly like CLC because of a larger priority list than DK's and Rets?

He has already addressed all of this, if you read through the Thread i'm sure your questions will be answered. Most of your problems can be fixed by configuring the AddOn.
Edited by Teedo on 9/8/2012 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I read the thread. Still have no damn clue how to adjust this priority / simulationcraft bullcrap. CLC is seamless, this one is messed up without my interaction, something I have no clue how to fix. If this is supposed to be the #1 priority rotation then why does it tell me to Wild Strike so much?

I know the rotation and I just figured this addon would help a tad, but instead it hinders me. Perhaps I'll try it out again when the Wild Strike thing gets fixed and the display gets cleaned up to the point I don't have to react instantaneously.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The smaller box is not intended for showing you your next attack as I understand it, it is there to show you when you have enough excess rage to heroic strike.

Which makes me wish there was a more obvious method using this mod of showing our Taste for Blood stacks.

Is it possible for you to put that with the rage and colossus smash timer bar?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I read the thread. Still have no damn clue how to adjust this priority / simulationcraft bullcrap. CLC is seamless, this one is messed up without my interaction, something I have no clue how to fix. If this is supposed to be the #1 priority rotation then why does it tell me to Wild Strike so much?

I know the rotation and I just figured this addon would help a tad, but instead it hinders me. Perhaps I'll try it out again when the Wild Strike thing gets fixed and the display gets cleaned up to the point I don't have to react instantaneously.

It's not a big deal, just try to be patient while I try see if it's an actual bug or just the way the priority list is supposed to be. The bloodthirst issue wasn't addressed until v2.0.17, so try downloading v2.1 and let me know if it feels the same.

If it still feels the same with Wild Strike then update the post again and I'll take a look at the default priority list and see if somethings in there that shouldn't be, but the default list will always be based off of what is simulated as best rotation. Determining if it's the APL or an issue with priorities is what I'd like to find out.

You may also want to delete your saved variables file for slamandawe, or uninstall via the curse client and remove saved settings, then reinstall. Just to make sure there's nothing sticking around between major updates.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The smaller box is not intended for showing you your next attack as I understand it, it is there to show you when you have enough excess rage to heroic strike.

Which makes me wish there was a more obvious method using this mod of showing our Taste for Blood stacks.

Is it possible for you to put that with the rage and colossus smash timer bar?

Heroic Strike originally was part of the single priority box, it was requested to be moved in it's own box a long time ago when we used HS more frequently. I could move it back but it's not a hindering issue atm so maybe later.

HS is conditional depending on your spec, so technically you don't need to worry about TfB since it knows. For arms it's:

heroic_strike,use_off_gcd=1,if=((buff.taste_for_blood.up&buff.taste_for_blood.remains<=2)|(buff.taste_for_blood.stack=5)|(buff.taste_for_blood.up&debuff.colossus_smash.remains<=2)|buff.deadly_calm.up&target.health.pct>=20&debuff.colossus_smash.up|rage>rage.threshold)

I do plan on tracking it anyways though.
Edited by Constabull on 9/9/2012 6:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Another thing to remember the default priority list is built around being level 90 and in heroic gear, not 85.

You'll have more stuff to press at 90.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I freaking love this addon! This addon alone made me pull my warrior out of retirement. I hated playing my warrior and only raided with it for emergency tanking situations, I could never get off the BOTTOM of recount and was passed up by tanks quite often.

I saw this thread and decided to give fury a chance after the patch (had tried before with no success) and I could actually pull numbers. Being able to passively manage rage made all the difference in the world. I cleared 8/8 DS the week I started using this and was top 2 DPS with 390ish lfr gear. Got into a 6/8H pug with much better geared people this week and not only was I not last on the meter I was actually able to pull my weight the entire time, even with the yard sale gear.

Great job! And THANK YOU
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Wooo ok you fixed the Wild Strike thing and I don't have to react instantaneously anymore, but I still like the idea of a second box for showing what's next so I can predict ahead of time. You said you don't like knowing what's next, but think you could possibly put it in for people that might want to as a sort of optional thing you can toggle on/off?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately I don't foresee adding that feature in the future, as there are several out there that already do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I just wanted to post here to say great addon, and thanks Constabull for taking the time to build it.

I use if for prot only currently, and it is really nice for sticking to rotations and having the visual recognition for Sbarrier.

Thanks again!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Any Arms Warriors out there had a chance to try it out and comment on the rotation?

I'm also looking for DPS comparisons as well. If you can do more DPS without the add-on vs. with the addon (in a honest effort) on a target dummy to 1mil dmg, I'd like to see your logs so I can compare. It's meant to be a post-mop rotation but I've had good feedback on the DPS so far.

You'd have to change some of the "on boss" priorities to the normal versions since the level 85 target dummy isn't considered a boss.
Edited by Constabull on 9/10/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]